If the game is only going to give me 3 LP for a win

#1Ravid182Posted 2/14/2013 12:19:34 AM(edited)
Why is it even matching me up against people so low? Isn't that the point of a matchmaking to match me up vs people of my level? If it has the information to change the LP I get based on who I am up against, shouldn't it have the information to match me up against people I should be?

There is nothing more demoralizing than to be 5 LP away from 100 for my next 5 game series, only to get just 3 and then lose 17 next game.
#2JaggiJumperPosted 2/14/2013 12:20:50 AM
I agree so much. Got to 90 LP? +3+3+1+1-20-18
-.-
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: I Am Zyra. Aphoristic (12:31): all you do is b****
#3Xion350Posted 2/14/2013 12:22:07 AM
The league system seems to be designed so that you can't move up.
---
Remember remember... the 30th of November. The day that heroes could not save the world. ~In remembrance of City of Heroes.
#4Ravid182(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 12:30:20 AM(edited)
I am honestly really starting to hate it. I was really excited for it at first. However I have come to hate it. Like I win 10 games in a row and I still don't even get 100 LP no exaggeration.

Maybe it was 9 though it was at least 9
#5Sarick_LyrePosted 2/14/2013 12:34:04 AM
If you keep getting to that point where you're getting very little LP and win a few games and then lose it all eventually you'll be at the point you'll just get those points quickly.

The system is designed to take as long as the elo system did just with more immediate stepping stone goals. If you weren't capable of winning and gaining your Elo to reach gold last season and haven't improved since then the new ranked system wasn't your answer to climbing up there.

So lets say you need 1450 elo to get to Silver I from Silver II. Your hidden elo right now is 1410 and you're at 90LP, in response the system gives you very little points because it wants to pause your progress at this point. If somehow you won 5 games in a row you'd be over 1450, but if you lose one it sends you down to like 75. But if you keep getting to 90 and then losing it eventually you'll be gaining the same amount of points even up there.
#6Ravid182(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 12:54:13 AM
So what you are telling me is this new system effectively doesn't actually exist and it simply a front for.... elo?
#7zeppelin312Posted 2/14/2013 12:59:09 AM
Ravid182 posted...
So what you are telling me is this new system effectively doesn't actually exist and it simply a front for.... elo?

pretty much
#8Sarick_LyrePosted 2/14/2013 1:01:45 AM
Ravid182 posted...

Kind of a way to look at it. Assuming you only win games the number of wins required to climb closely matches what it took for the Elo system. Plus in the current system you require you elo to basically be within the "Gold Range" before you can actually get into gold.

Also the requirement to be in a new league is assumed to be higher than it used to be because you can't drop below after that point. So the transition point for silver to gold is more along the lines of 1550 or 1600 than the previous point of 1500.

So yeah its pretty much the same system with some new surface features.
#9Ravid182(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 1:20:18 AM
hmm well that makes it even more depressing knowing I was 3 elo short of my next elo tier before the change happened [wasn't my highest elo for season 3, went down a bit], then the new system comes out, and I win a game =( and stuck in this lower tier.