Rate my roster..

#1LithspPosted 2/14/2013 2:59:14 AM
Top: Garen, Xin
Mid: Talon, Kassadin, Ahri
Jungle: Xin, Sejuani
Support: Taric, Nami
ADC: Ashe, Vayne

Do I need to expand anywhere? Are these champ choices able to take me far re: Elo?
---
[]Signature[]
#2Damien 5000Posted 2/14/2013 3:07:41 AM
Not a fan of Nami.
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#3MizunoRyuuPosted 2/14/2013 3:08:45 AM
Add someone like Urgot or Vlad for Top, and get a defensive support like Soraka or Janna. I'd also get Eve in jungle since you lack an AP powerhouse there.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#4boottarPosted 2/14/2013 3:14:18 AM
Damien 5000 posted...
Not a fan of Nami.

It's a frickin mermaid.
---
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bottar1/
Planetside 2: Bottar1 - Terran Republic - Ceres (EU)
#5Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 4:18:47 AM
MizunoRyuu posted...
Add someone like Urgot or Vlad for Top, and get a defensive support like Soraka or Janna. I'd also get Eve in jungle since you lack an AP powerhouse there.

Urgot top?? Really?

Also, I thought Kass was an AP powerhouse.

Forgot to include Lux in both mid and support, and J4 as top and jungle.

That's basically the only champs I'm using at the moment, I want to kind of stick to a few select champs just so I can nail them, get better with them, and progress.

Will any of these champs have trouble as I climb divisions or whatever? I'm a little hesitant on Ashe, but she IS one of the only 2 ADC's I use, and I'll be honest - I ADC VERY rarely.

Just realized most my champs are Demacian. Lol. Wasn't intentional.
I like their play style. I like the balls to the wall no retreat, no surrender sort of play style that they have.
---
[]Signature[]
#6Stalky24Posted 2/14/2013 4:38:56 AM
Urgot top is very good. Check Wings, he plays it from time to time and Ive yet to see him lose with it.

To the roster:
Ugh, I hate people who play Vayne, because they usually are terrible at her. I also consider her second hardest thing in the game (first being Shaco jungle), so it's ok.

I would say do opposing of what people tell you usually: shorten your roster to 2-3 champs. For example, I play Kayle a lot, I can play her jungle, mid, top, support or ADC. I play Lee Sin a lot and can play him jungle top or support (my Lee Sin support is freaking destructive) and I can play Jayce well as mid, top and ADC (with ADC being my best role on him, still working on proper build for support and jungle Jayce).

So that's Kayle, Lee Sin and Jayce, which is very versatile lineup.
With those champs, I can cover so far any needs Ive ever had in soloQ and got so practiced that playing them is very natural. I sometimes throw in one or two different champs when I am in mood for it (I really like Jarvan IV and I wanna add Zed to my lineup eventually)
#7tivanenkPosted 2/14/2013 4:56:12 AM
Stalky24 posted...
Urgot top is very good. Check Wings, he plays it from time to time and Ive yet to see him lose with it.

To the roster:
Ugh, I hate people who play Vayne, because they usually are terrible at her. I also consider her second hardest thing in the game (first being Shaco jungle), so it's ok.

I would say do opposing of what people tell you usually: shorten your roster to 2-3 champs. For example, I play Kayle a lot, I can play her jungle, mid, top, support or ADC. I play Lee Sin a lot and can play him jungle top or support (my Lee Sin support is freaking destructive) and I can play Jayce well as mid, top and ADC (with ADC being my best role on him, still working on proper build for support and jungle Jayce).

So that's Kayle, Lee Sin and Jayce, which is very versatile lineup.
With those champs, I can cover so far any needs Ive ever had in soloQ and got so practiced that playing them is very natural. I sometimes throw in one or two different champs when I am in mood for it (I really like Jarvan IV and I wanna add Zed to my lineup eventually)

Shortening your champ roster to 2-3 is not good. It might now work, but what happens if all 3 are banned (those are quite high ban rate champs).
---
Quinn is mai waifu.
#8Stalky24Posted 2/14/2013 7:02:34 AM
tivanenk posted...

Shortening your champ roster to 2-3 is not good. It might now work, but what happens if all 3 are banned (those are quite high ban rate champs).

Doesnt mean I am incapable of using any other champion in the game lol, it just means I focus primary on very small pool of champions, which allows me to get mechainally superior to people maintaining rooster of 10 champions (2 per role) whenever I get to play one of them.
#9homiesunitePosted 2/14/2013 8:07:20 AM
You should pick up Singed. He's a great tanky/AP top that wrecks people late game
---
Kee'lah se'lai
http://northdakotageek.tumblr.com/
#10Final_HatsamuPosted 2/14/2013 8:31:12 AM
Starting with a few champions is good, as you can get better not only with them, but with your general gameplay too.

I used to play exclusively Karthus mid, Ezreal ADC or Janna support time ago, now my roster or "champions I feel really comfortable playing as and do good with them" would be:

Top: Garen, Xin, Rumble, Nidalee, Akali
Mid: Karthus, Lux, KZ, Fizz, Midalee, Ryze, Twisted Fate, Talon
Jungle: Amumu, Xin, Nocturne, KZ
Support: Taric, Janna, Lux, Blitzcrank, Soraka, Zyra
ADC: Draven, Miss Fortune, Ezreal, Sivir, Caitlyn, Ashe
---
M-8 "I turn the tide, by choosing to abide"
1Cross + 3Nails = 4given