Does it make sense to play just support in ranked?

#1Ravid182Posted 2/14/2013 4:01:20 AM
Support is probably my favorite role. I got my highest elo last season by pretty much playing almost exclusively support. However as of late I don't know if I have just been unlucky or what but I have had an incredibly hard time winning any games as support. Do you think I should try something else or keep on it with support? When I play other roles I do overall win more than as support. But I enjoy support more
#2KalorgPosted 2/14/2013 4:02:43 AM
If you really want to continue to use support, I'd suggest Duo'ing with an ADC. It makes it not only easier to figure out how to support for them efficiently, but then you know you can at least win your lane and perhaps even carry the game.
---
Gamertag: Kalorg
PSN: Nuveyo
#3MizunoRyuuPosted 2/14/2013 4:05:41 AM
I don't trust anyone else to play support. They always suck at it and make horrible, cringeworthy decisions. In the rare occasion somebody does call support, I usually go Mid, then Bot feeds like hell and I have no way of helping them. I leave my lane to just save Bot with a sliver of health, not getting us any kills in the process, then my lane gets pushed. When I don't help them it's "enemy double kill" repeatedly...
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#4Reaper_MinionPosted 2/14/2013 4:17:28 AM
It works if your ADC is half-decent and you are using a strong support. I'm a jungler but recently I've been spamming Taric and Leona and it's working great.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#5JhayCeePosted 2/14/2013 4:41:24 AM
I don't trust anyone else to play support. They always suck at it and make horrible, cringeworthy decisions. In the rare occasion somebody does call support, I usually go Mid, then Bot feeds like hell and I have no way of helping them. I leave my lane to just save Bot with a sliver of health, not getting us any kills in the process, then my lane gets pushed. When I don't help them it's "enemy double kill" repeatedly...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger
---
Meh.
#6PhoenixEgg88Posted 2/14/2013 8:34:17 AM
I play a lot of support as it is my best role. My issue is bad adc's that don't realise when you're making a play on someone like leona. I do keep wanting to do other roles but isn't seems supports I play with either never ward as much as me or just don't seem to help enough. So I keep picking support and tunnelling further into not practicing any other roles. Oddly my least fav role is adc.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#7Camel-RiderPosted 2/14/2013 8:38:53 AM
Ive been maining support, winning a huge percentage of games... Then suddenly I hit a lose streak, and playing support became extremely frustrating... I was 9-0 with Taric. Now I am 13-2. Its really sad to me lol So I started playing other roles, and my win rate went down even more....

I probably should have taken a few days off from LoL and continued to play support, but I didnt.
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider
#8xMikhalxPosted 2/14/2013 8:46:11 AM(edited)
Yes, despite what people say, a good support will crush bot lane. If not, you will at least prevent your ADC from dying or getting zoned out to death. You won't win as often as if you would get good at other roles, but you can definitely still climb Elo being exclusively support.

I did not know so many people didn't understand creep mechanics as I get troll supports who get noobtrapped by pickpocket... getting minion aggro to get +3 gold and denying practically subsequent waves by pushing doesn't make an ADC happy.