Which support is best/most well rounded?

#11mattislegionPosted 2/14/2013 11:14:39 AM
Lulu. She does everything. (except heal) Defensive and offensive capabilities for all her movies.
---
"Stranded in this spooky town."
LoL IGN: Matt Is Legion, A Mole Sitting
#12viajarvPosted 2/14/2013 11:21:32 AM
Sona is the most well rounded. Taric would be the most versatile. I probably can't articulate the difference though, but Sona's power chord Q allows her to harass really well.
#13FlameLord23Posted 2/14/2013 11:24:02 AM
Reaper_Minion posted...
You are asking two different questions here. Taric is the most well-rounded and probably the strongest laner. The one that contributes the most to the team... tough choice, but Lulu, Janna, Alistar, and Leona are strong contenders.

Taric really isn't the most well rounded. Lulu is honestly. She's missing a heal but she has much better peel than Taric, and that's the thing he's really missing. She can speed up her carry, slow down the enemy, give the ally a shield AND a s***load of health to run away with that is combined with an AOE knock-up and slow.

If you're looking for someone to learn support with go with Taric or Sona. Both have fairly good laning phases if you can pull off powerchords with Sona and get good jumps with Taric. Sona has the better late game than Taric because Taric blows his load at the beginning of a team fight and he's done. Sona's more consistent in her damage throughout the game but loses a little in laning phase, albeit she brings in possibly the best heal in the game.
---
Who needs logic when you can just speak loudly?~cookie_kid
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#14viajarvPosted 2/14/2013 1:16:06 PM
I was thinking the opposite actually, where Sona falls behind as the game goes on. Taric's stun doesn't miss and armor shred is key, with tankiness to keep the auras persisting. Lulu's much more fun to play than the other two, and if she's played passively, probably is the best bot lane partner.
#15Reaper_MinionPosted 2/14/2013 1:50:15 PM(edited)
I see Taric as being a little more well-rounded than Lulu because he can literally do everything in lane. He can stand back and play passively, assist his ADC in poking without putting himself at risk, or go all-in and s*** on people. Lulu is great in all-ins but she cannot start one herself. She's more about countering them.

As for other versatile supports, Alistar is decent in passive lanes but has the problem of being forced to go all-in if he wants to play aggressively. Slowly chunking people down doesn't work for him because it wastes way too much health and mana. Sona is also quite versatile but her all-ins aren't that strong and depend completely on her ultimate.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#16Ravid182Posted 2/14/2013 1:48:45 PM
Taric.

Second would be Sona [yes you are allowed to max W if the situation calls for it instead of Q people]

Taric just is simply a total beast offense support while being able to fall back on protecting his AD incredibly well too.
#17viajarvPosted 2/14/2013 9:22:57 PM
If both are played passively, I can't imagine how Taric is better at protecting the carry than Lulu. From a defensive viewpoint all her spells all are geared towards getting the carry out in a pinch. Vision, slow, shield, disable, AoE popup with regen.
#18SmishhhPosted 2/14/2013 9:35:36 PM(edited)
Reaper_Minion posted...
You are asking two different questions here. Taric is the most well-rounded and probably the strongest laner. The one that contributes the most to the team... tough choice, but Lulu, Janna, Alistar, and Leona are strong contenders.

Exactly, contributing the most to the team is a completely different concept. Alistar or Blitz can single-handedly win a key team fight with their displacement by turning it into a 4v5 instantly and then further disrupting the rest of the team. That's situational though, as for who is consistently the biggest contribution I'm not really sure, depends on the team comp.

Taric is the most well rounded. Can play passively or aggressively easily. Easy to use so he's noob friendly, but still worth picking in high level play. Goes well enough with every ADC and team composition. Can dive turrets, and handle when the enemy dives. Also doesn't have any rough period like other supports who are bad early or mid or late, he's very consistent.