I'm closing in on 20,000 ip, what champions should I buy to carry in ranked.

#1DrPrimemasterPosted 2/14/2013 9:28:02 AM(edited)
These are the champions I own:

http://imgur.com/PnRvklP

---
Metroids suck
#2MetleonPosted 2/14/2013 9:37:37 AM
Renekton (not sure if it's just me but I always seem to do well with him), Xin, Draven, MF, and Thresh. The latter 4 seem to be really strong right now.

Oh and get Gold Quints first if you don't already have them and faceroll with Taric. Works pretty well for me.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#3TheSchrefPosted 2/14/2013 10:15:41 AM(edited)
Kayle: Mid or Top (Jungle and Support work, too. Not as well, IMO.)

Attack Speed Reds
Armor Yellows
AD Quints/MS Quints
MR Blues
21/0/9

Boots 3>2 Doran's Rings>Beserker Greaves>Stinger>Needlessly Large Rod>Nashor's Tooth>Rabadons>Your Choice

Good items to build after Rabadons:
Liandry's
Zephyr
GA
Zhonya's

Your goal: Keep idiot teammates with terrible positioning alive while you kill everyone.
#4zefigPosted 2/14/2013 10:39:53 AM
Get better with the champions you already like playing. There's no shortcut to success in buying a "good champion" when at your probable power level, they're all viable.
---
Wii FC: 1686 5820 3040 7075
XBL: PettyAlchemy
#5DrPrimemaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 11:33:04 AM
What is a good mid to buy? I like cass but I'm worried she may be too hard to play.
---
Metroids suck
#6Final_HatsamuPosted 2/14/2013 11:34:44 AM
Karthus, Lux, Twisted Fate and Anivia.

Those are my favourite mid AP champs, in that particular order too.
---
M-8 "I turn the tide, by choosing to abide"
1Cross + 3Nails = 4given
#7Dwhite_1Posted 2/14/2013 11:48:06 AM
you already have chogath
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#8FlameLord23Posted 2/14/2013 11:49:28 AM
DrPrimemaster posted...
What is a good mid to buy? I like cass but I'm worried she may be too hard to play.

Akali, best mid atm. Kha is fairly strong right now as well. Kayle and Fiddle can destroy mid, TF is always great and assuming you're still around Bronze or Silver, which is where you are if you haven't done placements, TF isn't banned, but he will be at higher ELOs. So will Kha and maybe Kayle. Ryze, Morgana and Cho are also still strong but not on the same level.

For support you should learn Lulu, Taric, and Leona. Nunu goes well with Cait, Kog, and Vayne. Should need to buy any.

AD Carry you have Graves, Kog and the ever underappreciated Corki. He's not in a great place right now but if you learn those 3 you'll be just fine.

Jungle you have Jax, Mundo, Fiddle, Eve, Olaf, Nunu, Kha and Cho. Fiddle still doesn't have much of a place in this meta even with 0 AP teams. Eve is alright but doesn't really get the farm she needs from the jungle. Same with Kha. Olaf is really strong even with his nerf. Cho takes a little work to get good with, need to be able to hit the Rupture. Nunu isn't great in this meta in the jungle, and the BB nerfs hit his jungle hard after he loses his blue. Mundo and Jax would be your best bets, maybe look toward Nocturne, Maokai if you want to expand that pool

Top lane Olaf, Jax, Cho, Singed, Kayle and Kha should get you buy for now. Irelia is a monster in top lane. Jayce would be another one you could say would be a good one to pick up.

This is all taking out common bans such as Ali, Blitz, Amumu, Malphite, Shen. But here's the thing no one talks about. If you get extremely good with A champion, you'll win a lot of games with them. There are some games, let's use Udyr as an example since you own him, that you'll get an enemy Ashe that's good enough at kiting and you can't carry that, even if you master Udyr, because kiting is a hard counter to Udyr and a halfway skilled Ashe can wreck you.

If you want to carry in ranked, spend a majority of that IP to finish your Rune pages AND get more rune pages. You should have at least 1 for each role.

TL;DR You have all the champions you NEED to carry in ranked, make sure you have the runes for it however.
---
Who needs logic when you can just speak loudly?~cookie_kid
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#9TruHNIC187Posted 2/14/2013 11:50:59 AM
champions do not carry games, players do
#10DrPrimemaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 2:17:07 PM
champions do not carry games, players do

This is definitely true, but it is better to get good on good champions.

Its like super smash bros, sure it is mostly about skill, but tier lists still mean something.
---
Metroids suck