Am I the only person in the world that doesn't lag?

#1Ravid182Posted 2/14/2013 2:18:53 PM
I am honestly starting to think this. Every single game is normally a person or two yelling LAG in chat. Normally because they died stupidly and it is because of lag. Or they DC half the game leaving and coming back because of lag.

I am beginning to think almost all the time these are "lag" that it doesn't actually exist and is simply an excuse to hide bad play.

I don't have the best internet int he world, I just looked it up on some random website I have like 15 mbps download 2 mbps upload, I imagine that isn't that great [I don't really know] just putting it out there though to be fully honest and upfront with everyone. Other than times where it was clear it was riot's servers exploding for everybody, I have had one game where I even slightly lagged [and that one I did to an extreme ] in the past year and a half. Over thousands of games played! No exageration!!!

I even am often downloading video games in the background while having my stream up, while also having a stream or some hd video from the internet on my television [with my laptop hdmi hooked into it], while possibly even streaming music from pandora or something on top, all while playing, with zero increase in any sort of lag at all! [I am a multi tasker lol!]

Am I the only person in the world that is lag free and doesn't have this happen? Is everyone else still using a 56k? Or is this just people simply using lag as an excuse so they don't have to face that they screwed up?

I honestly don't know. I am being serious in this topic.
#2mrmonstrPosted 2/14/2013 2:56:15 PM
check the ping number in the pre screen loading screen, if it's green and later they complain about lag it is either, their pc or they are lying.

Otherwise it could well be a bad connection or they are lying

So what we've established is you have no idea.

Although I suspect they are lying. The first rule of LoL: It's never your fault.
---
LoL: mrmonstr
#3_SNAGRAT_LIEPosted 2/14/2013 2:56:25 PM
i normally yell lag to not get flamed at my team for doing something retarted
---
Friendly reminder to get karma on your alts
#4MegeasPosted 2/14/2013 2:57:13 PM
People don't understand the difference between internet lag and FPS lag and start shouting LAG in chats. No matter what game they always have to say LAG, it doesn't make sense but they do it anyways.

so yeah when people play this game on laptops with integrated graphics and their frame rate dives for some reason or another far to often they have to shout LAG. Or even better they are on a wireless connection and once again are surprised that they could have some sort of lag.
#5mrmonstrPosted 2/14/2013 2:59:56 PM
Wireless is fine most the time, most proper lag is more likely caused by a crappy computer and not internet, I've played games with people on red ping and they've never complained of lag...
---
#6Ravid182(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 3:09:15 PM
Yeah framerate is probably another big factor in this.

But honestly what can't even run this game these days lol!
#7DartkunPosted 2/14/2013 3:10:03 PM
99% of the time my net is perfect (100ish ping)

The 1% I just stop playing and wait for my ISP to stop being stupid.

Honestly, I know this is incredibly elitist, but get a machine that can do 60 fps, grab a wired connection to a decent ISP, use wired mice and keyboards and stop blaming everything but yourself.

I know there are tons of people with legitimate lag issues, but the people who make excuses really weaken your sympathy.
---
Resident LoL Board Katarina Player
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#8mrmonstrPosted 2/14/2013 4:30:18 PM
Dartkun posted...

Honestly, I know this is incredibly elitist, but get a machine that can do 60 fps, grab a wired connection to a decent ISP, use wired mice and keyboards and stop blaming everything but yourself.

Wouldn't usually defend these people but my pc cost 800 and it barely gets 30fps on LoL
Your telling people to spend money the probably don't have...
---
#9SilviiroPosted 2/14/2013 4:35:32 PM(edited)
Every once in a while my ping shoots up over 1k. It's been a lot lately because my ISP apparently screwed up an update last month and everybody's running slow. I normally run 10mbps but I've been around 0.5mbps to 1mbps lately, which is tough for a connection shared by 3 computers.

FPS-wise I'm pretty much always 59 or 60. I have a good comp, my ISP is just kind of bad for being the best in my area.
---
"I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind." -- Ecclesiastes 1:14
#10GrimtronPosted 2/14/2013 4:34:14 PM
mrmonstr posted...
Dartkun posted...

Wouldn't usually defend these people but my pc cost 800 and it barely gets 30fps on LoL
Your telling people to spend money the probably don't have...

O_O

I played this for a year on a 300 laptop and I still got 50-60fps at all times.
---
Rin is mai Waifu
| http://i.imgur.com/8TFqH.png | http://i.imgur.com/6ywlIYI.png |