is that what you're saying?
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg
#12Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 5:44:26 PM
bstbll posted...
Lithsp posted...
04Dark posted...
Joke topic.

Not really. If you want to win in solo Q more than you lose, you've got to be a champ who can carry a 4v5.

Unless you're so bad that sometimes, you're the nonexistent fifth person who needs to be carried, basic math proves you wrong. It may take longer, but if you deserve to win more than you lose, you will. Same logic as ELO hell not existing.

By 4v5 I mean an actual 4v5. Someone who DC'd.

The only way to win in solo Q is to use champs who can carry the team, on their own, 4v5 to victory.
These champs must possess similar traits - which are the ability to drop towers FAST - say perhaps, Rengar, Yi, Talon, Jax.. etc etc.. you get the jist.
..they must also possess the ability to retreat from the impending 5 man gank that is about to occur whilst you are trying to take down a tower on your own. So these same champs fit in, there are obviously more though.

I'm not saying to win 4v5 you have to backdoor - but you basically HAVE to use a champ who can drop towers on their own. You must play a champion who can solo objectives.

..champions such as Nami, Leona, etc.. just can not for the life of them, carry a 4v5.
They can be the greatest asset your team will ever have - but they can not, on their own, solo objectives and carry the team hard enough, if you know what I mean.

Someone like Jayce is ideal really, can hold their own, can escape, can solo objectives.

Also regarding stealing kills or whatever - I'm not saying to just steal kills every time, but if the player is damn terrible - they are not going to put the extra money to use.
If they have made multiple bad decisions already - why should they get the extra cash?
It's not worth it. It is far better for you to have the money, as you will put it to better use than someone who is feeding or always making bad decisions would.
---
[]Signature[]
#13Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 5:45:56 PM
Voidgolem posted...
so

basically always be Rengar or Yi.

is that what you're saying?

Against certain team comps, for sure. If you see a team that can't stop Yi - he is perhaps the most OP champ in the game - if only for that 1 match.

Any time you see a team without hard CC or anything to stop Yi - absolutely pick him, it's a free win. But you'll never really come against a team like that, especially since basically every new champ comes with hard CC and gap closer/escapes these days. :(
---
[]Signature[]
#14Blarg92Posted 2/14/2013 6:00:31 PM(edited)
zeppelin312 posted...
this is the correct mindset from soloqueue, might not sound nice but it is the best way to carry

And there is the essential part of this. It's the correct mindset for carrying, implying you're actually significantly better than your teammates. If you're not as good as you think you are, then you'll just come off as being a jerk.
---
Michael, I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing and it was everything that I thought it could be.~Office Space
#15Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 7:22:24 PM
Blarg92 posted...

And there is the essential part of this. It's the correct mindset for carrying, implying you're actually significantly better than your teammates. If you're not as good as you think you are, then you'll just come off as being a jerk.

No no no, you ARE significantly better than your team mates.
---
[]Signature[]