Taric changes

#41shingo fanPosted 2/15/2013 10:17:00 AM
Vrindlvine posted...
To create a better gaming experience. Also "effort" we have different definitions it seems.
What happens when EVERYONE sucks.

Then they'll claim it's balanced since evryone's at the same level.
---
Question: What is with the internet's love of hyperbole?
#42CheezWhizXPosted 2/15/2013 10:18:11 AM
Vrindlvine posted...
To create a better gaming experience. Also "effort" we have different definitions it seems.

>to create a better gaming experience

If all the supports are the same level, then there's literally no difference in comparison to other supports. Maybe in comparison to how strong they are throughout the whole game, but that's a bunch of variables.

If EVERYONE sucks, then no one sucks because they're all the same level anyways. Also, why would they rework Zilean when he's a completely viable AP Mid?
---
I sense a disturbance in the force.
PKMN Diamond FC: 0560 6381 4898
#43CheezWhizXPosted 2/15/2013 10:18:50 AM
shingo fan posted...
Vrindlvine posted...

Is everyone being at the same level not balanced? Am I missing something here?
---
#44AgentRebornPosted 2/15/2013 10:18:53 AM
CheezWhizX posted...
Vrindlvine posted...
And this is what happens when you constantly nerf every other support and dont rework the outdated ones like zilian. Eventually the one that wasnt nerfed will start to stand out.

Heres an idea lets buff soraka, blitzcrank, thresh, nami, janna, and rework zilian instead of nerfing taric. That way other supports will actually be played.

Why would they spend the effort to balance and buff 6-7 champions instead of bringing down a single champion to their level?

Taric is only OP because Sona, Soraka, Blitzcrank, etc all have been nerfed
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1935601/hynoski2.gif
#45VrindlvinePosted 2/15/2013 10:22:02 AM
The problem with everyone sucking is it makes for a very boring game because you dont have the numbers to decisevly win you need to wait for your opponent to make a mistake or wear them down. Now there must be a game this model is based on heavily punishing mistakes. Oh thats right DoTA. Which unless im mistaken they wanted to make themselves different from dota.

Were not talking huge buffs here. But this culture of nerfing needs to stop.
---
Fanservice in mai bioshocks!?!
#46CheezWhizXPosted 2/15/2013 10:26:46 AM
Vrindlvine posted...
The problem with everyone sucking is it makes for a very boring game because you dont have the numbers to decisevly win you need to wait for your opponent to make a mistake or wear them down. Now there must be a game this model is based on heavily punishing mistakes. Oh thats right DoTA. Which unless im mistaken they wanted to make themselves different from dota.

you dont have the numbers to decisevly win

Are you really trying to imply this? This relies on so many different factors and variables. And no, it doesn't make for a boring game if everyone sucked. Besides that being an extreme and never being possible EVER, that would simply put everyone on the same playing field and making literally everyone viable. Which, I think, is the whole point of balancing. Thus, this brings more varied picks to the game and more varied gameplay.

So yes, I think everyone being bad = everyone being same level = better gameplay.
---
#47shingo fanPosted 2/15/2013 10:34:54 AM
CheezWhizX posted...
shingo fan posted...
Vrindlvine posted...

Is everyone being at the same level not balanced? Am I missing something here?

No, it's just poor wording on my part. I threw that 'claim' bit in out of habit. Plus 'balance' and 'putting everyone on the same level' just don't gel together too well in my head for some reason.
---
Question: What is with the internet's love of hyperbole?
#48VrindlvinePosted 2/15/2013 10:50:09 AM
CheezWhizX posted...
Vrindlvine posted...

Are you really trying to imply this? This relies on so many different factors and variables. And no, it doesn't make for a boring game if everyone sucked. Besides that being an extreme and never being possible EVER, that would simply put everyone on the same playing field and making literally everyone viable. Which, I think, is the whole point of balancing. Thus, this brings more varied picks to the game and more varied gameplay.

So yes, I think everyone being bad = everyone being same level = better gameplay.

Or you could buff and make is so that people who arent Voyboy can have fun at the game without having to dedicate themselves to a champ.

Take jayce for example ive dedicated myself to him for the last month or so and now im really enjoying playing him because im starting to learn his counters and plays. But thats ONE champion out of how many? I and a lot of other people dont have the time to learn every champ in detail.

Look my in the eye and tell me that olafs nerfs werent because he was played consitantly in that tournement.
---
Fanservice in mai bioshocks!?!
#49CheezWhizXPosted 2/15/2013 10:58:02 AM(edited)
Vrindlvine posted...
CheezWhizX posted...
Vrindlvine posted...

Or you could buff and make is so that people who arent Voyboy can have fun at the game without having to dedicate themselves to a champ.

Take jayce for example ive dedicated myself to him for the last month or so and now im really enjoying playing him because im starting to learn his counters and plays. But thats ONE champion out of how many? I and a lot of other people dont have the time to learn every champ in detail.

Look my in the eye and tell me that olafs nerfs werent because he was played consitantly in that tournement.

What are you talking about? You don't need to be a pro to have fun in this game, even if every champion sucked because again, every champion would be on the same level and no one would be stronger than the other or something like that. If every champion was nerfed to the same level, but you didn't start playing League until after that, are you going to honestly tell me you aren't going to have fun because of some magical feeling that you would have more fun if every champion was stronger?

And no, Olaf wasn't nerfed because Voyboy did good with him in one tournament. Voyboy isn't even that good at Olaf compared to someone like Ragan. He was nerfed because not only did he hold a 50%+ win ratio in ranked with insane pick/ban ratio, he was a mandatory pick/ban at nearly every tournament since MLG Dallas, which was almost 5 months ago.
---
#50DrPrimemasterPosted 2/15/2013 10:59:48 AM
So, if I'm reading this correctly, shatter now deals more damage?
---
Metroids suck