How viable is AP Yi?

#1contownPosted 2/15/2013 1:33:50 PM
Right now I've pretty much got every role down aside from AP mid, but there aren't a whole lot of champions I like that fit that role, aside from Yi. I've seen some people dominate with AP Yi, and others say it's terrible.

Thoughts on AP Yi mid?
#2Luigy2693Posted 2/15/2013 1:35:38 PM
Its terrible
#3XSerenadEXPosted 2/15/2013 1:36:40 PM
Good for pubstomping, bad in competition
---
American Football <3
#4B01tPosted 2/15/2013 1:36:45 PM
He's based on gimmicks. He can work pretty well, but he's incredibly easy to counter, just take someone who can interrupt his healing. AP yi works by massively outsustaining the enemy. Take that out, and he's not that great.
---
Idealism is seeing potential. Pragmatism is seeing consequences.
#5aHappySackaPosted 2/15/2013 1:41:29 PM
Situational, as in if the other team doesn't have the cc to shut you down then it can possibly work, he also has to snowball otherwise he becomes useless, however some picks like Kayle and Lulu can also shut it down.

Katarina is a similar pick but overall better since she just needs one won team fight to get out of control.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#6spaldPosted 2/15/2013 2:12:07 PM
Take Yi mid when your playing with friends in blind pick. Never play him when others are counting on you.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#7Toe_JamulonisPosted 2/15/2013 2:13:19 PM
AP Yi mid never loses lane. Can counter jungle like a boss, and gets free penta kills.

Don't listen to any of these AP Yi NaySayers.
---
Posted from my iPhone while crapping on company time.
#8zeppelin312Posted 2/15/2013 2:16:04 PM
relies on resets, and generally doesn't like enemy teams with tons of hard cc. He has been played competitively as ap, it is his only viable build.

Nerfs to heal hurt a bit, but they aren't absolutely terribad. As long as he has a team that can burst somebody down so he can get a reset, he is strong.
#9PraetorianGhostPosted 2/15/2013 2:29:30 PM
Falls off to near uselessness late game.
---
Note: All posts come with a giant invisible asterisk stating:
"All statements expressed are opinions unless specifically stated otherwise."
#10contown(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 2:41:33 PM
Who're some other good AP mids then? Preferably male since I realized I play almost entirely female characters. (Kayle, Sona, Riven, Ashe) The only male character I use is Trundle... I feel like I need to balance out the gender ratio or something.