How to build Taric?

#1Slayer1217Posted 2/15/2013 3:45:11 PM
I am really new to playing support and I don't really know how to build Taric. All the guides seem to differ.

Also, in regards to ward placement how early do I throw down my first ward in the bushes, and how do I know when to place my wards somewhere other than in the bushes in the river close to lane?
---
https://controversy.wearscience.com/img450/turtle.png
#2MetleonPosted 2/15/2013 3:56:14 PM
I go with this usually:

Faerie Charm+2 Sight Wards+Vision Ward+2 Health Pots (+the free ward and biscuit from my Masteries)
Philosopher's Stone
Boots of Speed
Kage's Lucky Pick
Sightstone (sometime right into Ruby Sighstone)
Merc Treads
Aegis of the Legion

After that, I find situational items like say Frozen Heart if the enemy ATS champs are getting fed or right into Shurelya's/Twin Shadows if we need to chase down stragglers. I make sure I have at least 2 wards every time I back, even after getting Ruby Sightstone. (They're usually only Vision Wards at that point.)

For warding, I usually burn the three regular wards I have pretty quickly in the two lane bushes and the river. I save the Vision Ward for when I see the enemy support place a ward down and I take it out for 25 free gold.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#3LithspPosted 2/15/2013 3:57:30 PM
Don't bother with sending him bot, total waste of his talents.

Take him top, build Brut, Phage, head towards a Black Cleaver and a Frozen Mallet, then you'll want to grab a Bulwark, maybe even a Warmogs, or basically whatever the hell you want.
Tear their top a new one.

Or alternatively, take him top again, and build him tanky AP, with items like RoA, Rylai's, Liandries, etc etc.. you get the jist.
Always be focused on tearing their top a new one.

Taric also owns mid harder than you would believe by just building straight AP basically, but grab a little MR if you think you need it.

If you have to support him for whatever reason, then just ward ward ward stun stun stun, etc etc, build Bulwark and whatever supporty items there are.
I'm sure you can figure it out from there. Prob start with that HP or mana regen item, some wards and pots, and go for Philo's, which you'll turn into Shurelyas as well.
Basically, anything with kindlegem involved, is a good item for a support. Just build all of them.
---
[]Signature[]
#4LaqOfInterestPosted 2/15/2013 3:59:04 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/954437-league-of-legends/faqs/65936
---
R.I.P. Paintballreturns 1/29/2013
"I'm sick and tired of players refusing to own up to their mistakes and rather blame other people" - happyscrub1
#5FandomOfRandomPosted 2/15/2013 5:37:49 PM
Faerie Charm+ Rejuvenation Bead+2 Sight Wards+Explorer's Ward+Biscuit
Philosopher's Stone
Boots of Speed
Sightstone
Kage's Lucky Pick
Ruby Sightstone
Merc Treads or Ionian
Aegis of the Legion

Always buy 2 non-sightstone wards before you get ruby sightstone. Then, always have one vision ward on you + sightstone. The money you save from sightstone is greater than what you gain from kage's.
---
Congratulations! You just lost the game!
www.losethegame.com
#6SmishhhPosted 2/15/2013 6:28:51 PM
I've played Taric a ton, usually philostone first like the cookie cutter builds. Sometimes I'll still do that if its looking to be a rough lane and I'll be playing passive and healing a lot more than being offensive.

But if you feel in control I would rush emblem of valor for even more armor (especially with Graves for absurd early tankiness), then start working on sightstone. Skip philo unless your team needs Shurelya's, and I never bother with Kage's on him.

Upgrade sightstone, get Aegis, Merc Treads, Bulwark and then situational items depending on the game. If you win your lane you'll be able to get all this much faster than you would piddling around with gp10 items. On some supports I want that extra sustain, but Taric has inbuilt heal and mana regen and doesn't benefit from spamming the way someone like Lulu does.
#7DartkunPosted 2/15/2013 6:29:23 PM
Post Patch

ARMOR
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#8zeppelin312Posted 2/15/2013 6:36:50 PM(edited)
armor reds and yellows
Mr blues
gp10 quints

1/14/15

situationally build to win bot lane
Don't build philo if botlane doesn't care about hpregen
don't build kages unless far ahead

good items to have eventually

bulwark
shuryelias
locket
zekes
frosty pick or w/e the **** it is
shadows
sightstone
PINK WARDS GALORE
WARDS GALORE
you can actually grab more expensive defensive items if you are doing well

pick what you need depending on team and the specifc gam

start with wards and some items, choose depending on lane
#9FightingBoarPosted 2/15/2013 6:38:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10bast999Posted 2/15/2013 6:40:35 PM
zeppelin312 posted...
armor reds and yellows
Mr blues
gp10 quints

1/14/15

situationally build to win bot lane
Don't build philo if botlane doesn't care about hpregen
don't build kages unless far ahead

good items to have eventually

bulwark
shuryelias
locket
zekes
frosty pick or w/e the **** it is
shadows
sightstone
PINK WARDS GALORE
WARDS GALORE
you can actually grab more expensive defensive items if you are doing well

pick what you need depending on team and the specifc gam

start with wards and some items, choose depending on lane

Build GP10 late, doesn't get GP10 yellows.

50 minute match 1/2/20 with 20 cs, only 10k gold instead of 14k.
---
This but unironically.