Why is League of Legends so popular when the pros say Dota 2 is better?

#21Kharn99Posted 2/16/2013 12:11:59 AM
Zenzoku posted...
KaMismyHERO posted...
apparently DOTA2 is more unbalanced as well. I seem to recall an event in a tournament where one team flawlessly executed all their ults, which i THINK were AOE, but ended up getting completely ***** with not even one kill.

I could be wrong, but i haven't seen all that much about DOTA, so the few tidbits i see usually stick somewhat.

No no no nooooooo. Just because a team of five executed their ults which resulted in no kill, does not mean a game is unbalanced. It just means the players are idiots.

Well when the ults are perfectly executed and completely synced with eachother, and not even getting a single kill at the end?
It just...doesn't seem right.

Ok pretty much 90% of my MOBA playing friends play LoL so I hate to mindlessly bash on it but you're really giving the LoL community a bad image by saying that outplaying the enemy team during a teamfight is "unbalanced".
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/chosen40k/
League of Legends = checkers DotA 2 = chess
#22dennis941012Posted 2/16/2013 12:12:55 AM
Unbridled9 posted...

1) Cost: LoL is free, DotA 2 is not. That means DotA 2 has to be whatever the price is better than LoL in order to attract customers away from LoL and to DotA 2.

dota 2 is free, for the record.

no it is not check the steam page
and sure they give out the beta passes but one has to put an effort to uptain them where as in LoL you can find download page in a second

http://store.steampowered.com/app/570/?snr=1_7_15__13
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#23Stalky24Posted 2/16/2013 12:13:11 AM
Karmic Dragon2003 posted...
Diablo 3. 6 million players at launch. Pretty decent game, got a few 100 hours out of most people.

Path of Exile. Arguably more hardcore. Less than 1.5% of the number of players D3 had at launch play it. And it's free.

It has nothing to do with "being more hardcore"

Path of Exile is not finished yet and it is relatively unknown where Diablo is a term known to any gamer. I havent heard of PoE till like week ago and that was on LoL stream. PoE doesnt have almost any commercial background to expand it's success. They might push it in marketing way when it's finished, who knows.
#24KaMismyHEROPosted 2/16/2013 12:14:09 AM
dennis941012, why are you quoting Unbridled9 ? His first point isn't even valid. Lol
#25ZenzokuPosted 2/16/2013 12:16:10 AM
Kharn99 posted...
Zenzoku posted...
KaMismyHERO posted...
apparently DOTA2 is more unbalanced as well. I seem to recall an event in a tournament where one team flawlessly executed all their ults, which i THINK were AOE, but ended up getting completely ***** with not even one kill.

I could be wrong, but i haven't seen all that much about DOTA, so the few tidbits i see usually stick somewhat.

No no no nooooooo. Just because a team of five executed their ults which resulted in no kill, does not mean a game is unbalanced. It just means the players are idiots.

Well when the ults are perfectly executed and completely synced with eachother, and not even getting a single kill at the end?

Ok pretty much 90% of my MOBA playing friends play LoL so I hate to mindlessly bash on it but you're really giving the LoL community a bad image by saying that outplaying the enemy team during a teamfight is "unbalanced".

All i'm saying is that a perfectly timed ambush that utilizes an entire teams ults that result in absolutely nothing in a pro tournament just seems stupid. I've never seen anything like it anywhere else. I don't care about anyone's "image", much less a community filled with people who hate me for playing anyways.
#26KaMismyHEROPosted 2/16/2013 12:18:59 AM
Kharn99 posted...
Zenzoku posted...
KaMismyHERO posted...

All i'm saying is that a perfectly timed ambush that utilizes an entire teams ults that result in absolutely nothing in a pro tournament just seems stupid. I've never seen anything like it anywhere else. I don't care about anyone's "image", much less a community filled with people who hate me for playing anyways.

Are you talking about this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldq1afiKQb8

If you are, basically what happened was, they got pooted on.
#27boktai3Posted 2/16/2013 12:20:03 AM
Zenzoku posted...
Kharn99 posted...
Zenzoku posted...
KaMismyHERO posted...

do you mean the one that was countered because of spell immunity because the stealthed team forgot about the 5 second spell immunity and got punished for it?
#28KaMismyHEROPosted 2/16/2013 12:24:00 AM

and sure they give out the beta passes but one has to put an effort to uptain them where as in LoL you can find download page in a second

Lol, it's like no one reads anything at all anymore.
Quoted directly from the link you just provided.

Dota 2 is a Free to Play game, that is not yet fully released. The game is constantly being updated with new heroes and new features.

The Early Access Holiday Pack is your opportunity to get in the game now. Your purchase includes an Early Access Pass to Dota 2 in addition to the following in-game items!

That green $29.99 you see is for in-game items and early access. Simply put, it's optional and is still free.
#29boktai3Posted 2/16/2013 12:26:46 AM

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dota2bot/inventory/

look at all those invites, it's so hard to get into dota2 when this bot has over 20k to give out to anyone who even has the slightest clue how to use steam?
#30USFPosted 2/16/2013 12:34:37 AM
dennis941012 posted...
Unbridled9 posted...

1) Cost: LoL is free, DotA 2 is not. That means DotA 2 has to be whatever the price is better than LoL in order to attract customers away from LoL and to DotA 2.

dota 2 is free, for the record.

Hahaha, too funny. Try reading next time, it will help you in life one day.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Ni No Kuni, DoTa 2, LoL, Anno 2070, Xcom: Enemy Unknown.