Do you stutter step when attacking towers/inhibs even if you don't need to?

#11RydethetigerPosted 2/16/2013 12:09:27 AM(edited)
Regardless of what it is called, it still exists for a very good reason.

Also, if you played starcraft and did this with marines, you would know that it does increase dps...

0/10

EDIT: Far from random, also, Just dont understand people talking about stuff they are completely clueless about. Makes me think they dont play, or are trolling. Lurker may have been a stretch, as ive seen the name plenty of times.
---
Lol IGN: StayFrostty
Elo Experiment Status - Dooped by League Points...
#12SorrySleepingPosted 2/16/2013 12:15:12 AM
Rydethetiger posted...
Regardless of what it is called, it still exists for a very good reason.

Also, if you played starcraft and did this with marines, you would know that it does increase dps...

0/10

EDIT: Far from random, also, Just dont understand people talking about stuff they are completely clueless about. Makes me think they dont play, or are trolling. Lurker may have been a stretch, as ive seen the name plenty of times.

I usually don't pay attention to names, so this is the first time TC could have posted for all I know. semi-generic info signature is semi-generic.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#13SoraOwnsAllPosted 2/16/2013 2:11:24 AM
TC is wrong. Stutter stepping is quickly strafing then stopping your momentum in Counter-Strike in between quick bursts so that you are a harder target to hit but have the same accuracy.
---
"I'm no hero, never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.
#14HabnotPosted 2/16/2013 2:19:31 AM
SoraOwnsAll posted...
TC is wrong. Stutter stepping is quickly strafing then stopping your momentum in Counter-Strike in between quick bursts so that you are a harder target to hit but have the same accuracy.

It's from sports. I hate you all.
---
Look, the point is to get him to go to the naked party, not correctly interpret the Bible. - Ridley X.
#15OrstedPosted 2/16/2013 2:30:08 AM
if no one's around, sometimes

if an enemy nearby is looking for an opportunity to poke or engage, then always
---
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Orsted/
#16RydethetigerPosted 2/16/2013 2:30:39 AM(edited)
^^^ so much this...Orb walking is the crowned term for it.

EDIT: I really need to start using quotes...
---
Lol IGN: StayFrostty
Elo Experiment Status - Dooped by League Points...
#17kaysa13Posted 2/16/2013 5:54:17 AM
Rarely I have seen the term stutter step in LoL. Maybe in tennis or basketball. but the only time I heard that term was when I was playing the old Starcraft and Red Alert 2(so it's probably an RTS term).

And yes, I've always used the term Orb walking. I think I've seen some guides and videos that refer to that term, so it's naturally the most commonly heard name on that technique. I think that originated from Dota, but a lot of LoL players coined it for guides on last-hitting minions.

On topic:

Sometimes. Especially when I'm split-pushing, so as to increase a little bit of dps. After all, every cheap shot counts.
---
This is a signature.
#18Reaper_MinionPosted 2/16/2013 6:05:23 AM
I do it all the time. Constant movement is something I'm used to from RTS games.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#19kirbymuncherPosted 2/16/2013 6:12:36 AM
I'm so used to doing it that I played thresh yesterday for the first time and I think I lost like, 60% of my damage on towers due to trying it too early

what a stupid autoattack animation
---
IGN: Bobemmo
#20g-cube_mastaPosted 2/16/2013 6:15:19 AM
always but it has nothing to do with apm it's so that you're harder to hit. If you just stand there it's easier for someone to flash malph ult you from the fog of war or for you to get hit by ashe or ez ult.

Being a moving target is important.

Also if you move back between each shot it gives you a head start on if something happens and you want to book it and leave. For example if you're pushing a turret and you dip in for 1 auto and then dip out and during one of your cycles suddenly you see xin show up out of where while you're dipping out you can fluidly continue away from the tower and retreat and it saves you about a good chunk of distance having prepared to leave.

It's also good practice to get used to the swing timer on your champion's autoattack.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png