Xypherous explains the logic behind some of the changes in today's PBE patch

#1Knight_Of_OrderPosted 2/16/2013 12:26:33 AM
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=34712369#post34712369

Dat Trist, Vayne and Ashe buff...
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#2Damien 5000Posted 2/16/2013 12:31:02 AM
Saw Hecarim get a buff. Is excited. Already a monster with Hecarim. Becoming more monstrous sounds good to me.
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#3KlobziPosted 2/16/2013 12:31:47 AM
Can't read it because i'm my phone but Vayne buff? YES! Hopefully they added some range to Condemn.
#4Knight_Of_Order(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 12:34:57 AM
Damien 5000 posted...
Saw Hecarim get a buff. Is excited. Already a monster with Hecarim. Becoming more monstrous sounds good to me.

Its a nerf, and a considerable one at that, read more carefully.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#5VoidgolemPosted 2/16/2013 12:37:26 AM(edited)
so BORK is basically 30% lifesteal now. Ok.

That's not ridiculous or anything for that price.

Damien 5000 posted...

Not that considerable going by the current numbers - While he does certainly take a durability hit after ranking up W a few times, his early jungle is arguably buffed.

and when the only real problem area is his early jungle, that's an excellent thing.
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg
#6Knight_Of_Order(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 12:36:38 AM
Klobzi posted...
Can't read it because i'm my phone but Vayne buff? YES! Hopefully they added some range to Condemn.

Vayne / Tristana / Ashe

The current version of PBE has some heavy modifications to these character's attack speed per level statistics.

Vayne: 3.1% --> 4.5% ASPD / Level
Tristana: 3.01% --> 4.5% ASPD / Level
Ashe: 3.1% --> 4% ASPD / Level

The goal of this change is mostly to fulfill the basic promise of Vayne / Tristana. At level 18, these characters are supposed to absolutely destroy the enemy team - so long as you can get them there. They are, along with Kog'maw, some of the truest ranged carries in League of Legends at the moment.

However, with the decrease in power from itemization - these characters are suffering from a mid-game slump and a farming slump - thus power in their levels seemed to make sense for addressing their basic curve. This change basically ensures the power level of these traditionally weaker early-game carries for guaranteed power late game.

As for Ashe, she's kind of the ultimate late game utility/kite carry - thus the attack speed here is mostly so that she is always able to fulfill her role as kiting carry. Attack speed is a major factor in being able to "orb-walk" to poorly use DoTA Jargon (Attack Move fluidity, roughly).

---
Sun Tzu
#7Stalky24Posted 2/16/2013 12:39:09 AM
Now I'm rushing new BotRK on Lee Sin every game.
#8KeepItCivilPosted 2/16/2013 12:40:38 AM

30% of your AD. So if you have 300 AD, you recover 90 hp per hit. Contrast to a crit lategame.
---
Bristleback! Boo no BB this round! Fail valve releasing poopdusa over the indefatigueable bristleback surely hes next up - Hail_Berserk
#9RikeruPosted 2/16/2013 12:42:30 AM(edited)
Voidgolem posted...

Pretty sure that part is talking about the active on the item.

Edit: It says passive my bad. :(
#10Knight_Of_Order(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 12:41:07 AM
Voidgolem posted...

Damien 5000 posted...

Not that considerable going by the current numbers - While he does certainly take a durability hit after ranking up W a few times, his early jungle is arguably buffed.

and when the only real problem area is his early jungle, that's an excellent thing.

I can agree with that, he'll still be a late game monster though not as invulnerable. Still a nerf.
---
Sun Tzu