So I came across what I assume to be a hacker for the first time

#1HeroshiX2Posted 2/16/2013 12:33:58 AM
In ranked.

They were using what I guess to be a macro program if anything and it would spam the game constantly among who knows what else, even through blocking the player their text still came through but in an odd black all chat text. All of this caused our winning to quickly go to losing as we got dced constantly.

My duo partner has the game recorded and he'll be uploading a snippit of it to youtube in the morning for proof.

Reason I make this topic is to ask two things mostly...

Why is there no report option for this? As far as I can tell this counts as hacking and I was dumbfounded to find nothing under the report option so I was forced to pick spamming, which would be the second closest thing. I'm sure things like this are REALLY rare but regardless, this is just frustrating and plain unfair.

Secondly, will Riot give our team a loss forgiven? The video is being uploaded for a support ticket to have proof in hopes of having something like this revoked / and to perma ban the moron who caused this to begin with, regardless of how easy we may gain ranking.
#2waruluis91Posted 2/16/2013 12:35:32 AM
Well, I just came to GameFaqs to post about the same.

I'm the Vi from that game. Damn that Zyra spamming :/
---
3DS FC: 2020-0716-6036
#3tpoyoyPosted 2/16/2013 12:38:39 AM
HeroshiX2 posted...
In ranked.

They were using what I guess to be a macro program if anything and it would spam the game constantly among who knows what else, even through blocking the player their text still came through but in an odd black all chat text. All of this caused our winning to quickly go to losing as we got dced constantly.

My duo partner has the game recorded and he'll be uploading a snippit of it to youtube in the morning for proof.

Reason I make this topic is to ask two things mostly...

Why is there no report option for this? As far as I can tell this counts as hacking and I was dumbfounded to find nothing under the report option so I was forced to pick spamming, which would be the second closest thing. I'm sure things like this are REALLY rare but regardless, this is just frustrating and plain unfair.

Secondly, will Riot give our team a loss forgiven? The video is being uploaded for a support ticket to have proof in hopes of having something like this revoked / and to perma ban the moron who caused this to begin with, regardless of how easy we may gain ranking.

if riot didnt give loss forgiven for the mass dcs recently caused by server problems what makes you think they will give it to you guys....
#4VoidgolemPosted 2/16/2013 12:39:22 AM
I reported the one guy I saw abusing this for spamming >.>

anyhoo, they won't give you a loss forgiven, all you can really do is file a support ticket (try to get a screenshot of the spam and crash)

To prevent recurrences, disable all chat.
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg
#5HeroshiX2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 12:39:26 AM
waruluis91 posted...
Well, I just came to GameFaqs to post about the same.

I'm the Vi from that game. Damn that Zyra spamming :/

Haha, what are the chances?

I was the Soraka, granted Mr Speedy is no longer my main account it's still not very pleasant for something like this happen, as entertaining as it was.
#6HeroshiX2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 12:41:01 AM
Voidgolem posted...
I reported the one guy I saw abusing this for spamming >.>

anyhoo, they won't give you a loss forgiven, all you can really do is file a support ticket (try to get a screenshot of the spam and crash)

To prevent recurrences, disable all chat.

Wait, were you in that match, too? Or are there others going around doing this kind of thing?

Also yeah I didn't figure a loss would be forgiven but we do have the video to submit to get this guy banned without the tribunal, hopefully.
#7waruluis91Posted 2/16/2013 12:41:58 AM
I'd like some free RPs or IP hehe. As a customer it wasn't a nice experience.
---
#8magnusblitzPosted 2/16/2013 12:43:58 AM
HeroshiX2 posted...
I'm sure things like this are REALLY rare but regardless, this is just frustrating and plain unfair.

I saw a post on reddit about this a couple days ago and had it happen to me in a game earlier today (same weird black text, didn't get any lag/dc though thankfully). So I'd wager the exploit is making it's way around. Hopefully Riot will be hotfixing it soon.
#9HeroshiX2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 12:48:03 AM(edited)
waruluis91 posted...

Eh, as nice as compensation would be, it wasn't really Riots fault this happened. And as stated above with all the other stuff going on to a massive number of players, a single match compensated isn't really fair to everyone else having some sort of issue with the game lately.

The LP loss is minor (speaking for my duo and I here, no idea what you guys lost) and I myself would be satisfied knowing this guy is no longer around.

magnusblitz posted...
HeroshiX2 posted...
I'm sure things like this are REALLY rare but regardless, this is just frustrating and plain unfair.

I saw a post on reddit about this a couple days ago and had it happen to me in a game earlier today (same weird black text, didn't get any lag/dc though thankfully). So I'd wager the exploit is making it's way around. Hopefully Riot will be hotfixing it soon.

I see. Kind of glad it's happening to a lot of people so Riot does something about it if this many people are reporting players using exploits.
#10waruluis91Posted 2/16/2013 12:48:10 AM
HeroshiX2 posted...
waruluis91 posted...

Eh, as nice as compensation would be, it wasn't really Riots fault this happened. And as stated above with all the other stuff going on to a massive number of players, a single match compensated isn't really fair to everyone else having some sort of issue with the game lately.

The LP loss is minor (speaking for my duo and I here, no idea what you guys lost) and I myself would be satisfied knowing this guy is no longer around.

Yeah, I lost no LP because I was at 0. I just hope they ban these players, because it ruins the game, specially when you're winning.
---