How does one Malphite, and would this build be good on him?

#1OnslaughtOfGodsPosted 2/16/2013 3:17:16 AM
I've played against this unkillable, hard-hitting beast many a time yet when I play him I can't tank a thing and my damage is laughable at best. So how's this look for him?

Ninja/Mercury Boots
Frozen Mallet
Warmog's
Spirit of the Lizard
Thornmail/Maw of Mal/ Banshee's Veil
Atma's Impaler

Also, what is his combo?
---
You're not even strong enough to kill my boredom
#2_RaveMaster_Posted 2/16/2013 3:18:36 AM
Press R win game. Works about as well as Karthus except you have to aim your R.
---
~Rave
#3Arken101Posted 2/16/2013 3:21:31 AM
Zerker's
BC
Sotd
IE
BT
BT
---
Dota2 was mai waifu
PSN/360: Maximal769
#4iXCelticXiPosted 2/16/2013 3:23:58 AM
That build is pretty bad, yeah.
Skip the Lizard, Atma's, FroMall, Maw, Thornmail, BV etc.

Good items are Mog's, Sunfire, Randuin's, FH, Haunting Guise/Liandry's way later, Sorc boots for burst or def boots if 1v2 or rough laning/need tenacity, Chalice, Abyssal etc.
You can go a few routes with him: MPen burst or utility tank with aura's, slows, etc.

You can build a lot of items on him and still be effective. Some of the ones you said are just pretty bad on him is all.
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#5kaysa13Posted 2/16/2013 3:39:31 AM
Make him a tanky AP bruiser. That way he'll be a threat in team fights.

I always build him with Ninja Tabi, Rod of Ages, and Sunfire Cape. That's my core. Now, depending on enemy comp, I build my next items based on how I'm doing and whose enemy should I build against. Randuin's Omen or Frozen Heart on fed ADCs, and Abyssal Scepter or Banshee's Veil on fed AP mids. For thickening damage output, I get either Rylai's Crystal Scepter or Iceborne Gauntlet, depending whether I want more damage or extra CC.
---
This is a signature.
#6Susan0Posted 2/16/2013 3:40:23 AM
Your Build needs MOAR ARMOR
---
Official Daedric Prince of Madness of All Boards
Akali is my Waifu~ Now, You DIE :D
#7Plague1503Posted 2/16/2013 4:28:26 AM
Your problem is trying to build him like a "standard" bruiser. Either build him Tanky AP or pure Tank. Or the cheesy SotD build, but that's more of a gimmick than anything else, good for a few lulz though.
---
"Every time that IdrA accidentally lost a few drones i wanted to be like "TEN POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR!""
--Day[9]
#8bast999Posted 2/16/2013 6:07:38 AM(edited)
jungle

golem
tabi
warmogs
randuins
bulwark
frozen heart

Press R and win, enemy team complains about "stop focusing malphite" and then it's game.
---
This but unironically.
#9FoxDragon13Posted 2/16/2013 7:39:00 AM
On malph, you need Iceborn Gauntlets. That is a must. Once you got that, stack health and stuff and ur good.
---
"Are you quite finished?"-Black Mage
"I was thinking I should run around in an idiotic panic."-Fighter
#10anilEhilatedPosted 2/16/2013 8:22:52 AM
On malph, you need Infinity Edge. That is a must.
---
For who could ever...?