Are the low IP champs worth buying?

#1zepfyaPosted 2/16/2013 7:57:19 AM
Hows it going, should I buy some low IP champs if so which, or should I save IP for better ones. I have 3k IP to spend, thank you.
#2Comeatmebro2709Posted 2/16/2013 7:59:51 AM
ryze
#3srad1292Posted 2/16/2013 8:00:59 AM
Just because some champs are higher IP doesn't mean they're better. The price typically depends on how long they've been out, not how good they are.

good low IP champs are
Alistar(you can get for free), Amumu, Jax, Garen, Malphite, Morgana, Singed...

Those are all 1350 or 450 IP and good champs
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/srad1292
http://i.imgur.com/eEGxb.jpg ...... http://i.imgur.com/90453.gif
#4Gobstoppers12Posted 2/16/2013 8:01:03 AM
Low cost champs are often just as viable as high cost. Pretty much the only difference is their age: Older champs are anywhere between 450-4800 IP whereas all champs within the last year or so cost 6300.

None of the low cost champs are useless, as they can all be played successfully in their intended roles. Poppy is difficult to make good use of unless you know how to use her, but characters like Annie, Ashe, and Nunu are terrific without a steep learning curve.

Garen is actually considered one of the most powerful, if not THE most powerful, top lane in the game right now.
---
If I were a woman, I would spend my entire day kissing other women. I don't understand gay men or straight women.-- Jim, The Newsroom
#5AfroSquirrelPosted 2/16/2013 8:01:15 AM
All the 450's are worth it, if that's what you mean by 'low IP'.
---
This isn't 1950. Girls develop way later than they used to because human lifespans have increased - Lavos_Fanboy
#6MetalGansta08Posted 2/16/2013 8:01:18 AM
Everyone is worthy as long as u knw have to play them sorry for my bad grammar
---
Pkm Black FC: 1893 0434 9922
#7grand_commanderPosted 2/16/2013 8:02:16 AM(edited)
Cheap champs you should definitely buy:
Amumu
Garen
Morgana
Nunu
Ryze
Taric

All of those are cheap champs that see top-level play.

You should give serious thought to also getting Annie and Kayle, maybe Cho'gath or Malphite too. Get Tristana and Alistar for free with the Facebook and Youtube follower thingies.
#8bstbllPosted 2/16/2013 8:05:24 AM
grand_commander posted...
Cheap champs you should definitely buy:
Amumu
Garen
Morgana
Nunu
Ryze
Taric

All of those are cheap champs that see top-level play.

You should give serious thought to also getting Annie and Kayle, maybe Cho'gath or Malphite too. Get Tristana and Alistar for free with the Facebook and Youtube follower thingies.

I wholeheartedly agree with all of these champions, with the possible exception of Annie. They're all incredibly useful, and even Annie can be scary. She can just be shut down pretty hard by a long-range champion who knows to stay away when she's got a stun nearly up.
---
So basically communists are druids. -Gestapoid
#9ERLiNoPosted 2/16/2013 8:12:04 AM
Ashe is pretty good imo
---
"It doesn't matter how many resources you have, if you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough"
-Masters Zerg
#10Susan0Posted 2/16/2013 8:25:14 AM
Ryze, Alistar, Garen, Annie, Ashe, Jax , Soraka(for the ap mid), Trist(Free)

Ryze is terrifying late game, as with Jax and Ashe

Garen is quite strong still, until his w gets changed
---
Official Daedric Prince of Madness of All Boards
Akali is my Waifu~ Now, You DIE :D