Is Yorick Top Secretly OP?

#1shutyourmouth03Posted 2/16/2013 9:46:15 AM
It looks like a lot of people on other sites are saying Yorick counters a lot. I haven't seen him very much so I don't know if they are Yorick fan boys or if he really is OP.
#2edubsPosted 2/16/2013 9:46:52 AM
He has fallen out of favor due to recent nerfs and other tops have had buffs
---
Greatest system of all time is the N64. OOT, SM64, Paper Mario DK64 and Ogre Battle
not changing my sig until the Pirates have a winning season started 3/31/08
#3JackDaniels1964Posted 2/16/2013 9:47:04 AM
Win lane lose Game
---
Here to get help. or help some folks out!
Badazz stylezz GGzz WPzz 2006 Nerf pls
#4JustAPoorBoyPosted 2/16/2013 9:48:16 AM
It's not really a secret that Yorick is essentially a bigass wall in lane. You don't see him much because his entire job after laning ends is to ult the carry.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/204819.png http://raptr.com/badge/Mistilteinn/fs_lastplayed.png
#5_Yag_Posted 2/16/2013 10:03:37 AM(edited)
theres nothing secret about it >_> yorick is easily the safest top lane imho and his ult makes it a 6v5 so yeah

EDIT: id like to note that like others I don't think he's OP as a champion overall, it's just his laning is OP
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P
#6Beech_tibsPosted 2/16/2013 9:52:44 AM
they say his late game pays for his early game dominance... but i think its a matter of play style

the amount you can tank end game as a well farmed yorick is unreal, and dealing moderate dmg to boot (manamura really helps late game for a little extra power from its active) and people says his ult is dependent on adc doing well, which is the BEST option but having a fed dps junlger can really mess up enemy team

and because of the nature of his ult a fed ap mid can also benefit. the other day i was playing ranked with a lebonk that destroyed her lane, i held mine... but bot lost tower fast and jungler got counter jungled HARD

late game rolls around lebonk is still one comboing people, gets low, use ult... dies....

oh no... in the time it took for her to die her ult is back up....

lol she got a quadra kill.... there are other uses for his ult is what im saying

over powered? no... an amazing pick on certain team comps? yes
---
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so
#7plasmatic5Posted 2/16/2013 9:56:28 AM
Beech_tibs posted...
they say his late game pays for his early game dominance... but i think its a matter of play style

the amount you can tank end game as a well farmed yorick is unreal, and dealing moderate dmg to boot (manamura really helps late game for a little extra power from its active) and people says his ult is dependent on adc doing well, which is the BEST option but having a fed dps junlger can really mess up enemy team

and because of the nature of his ult a fed ap mid can also benefit. the other day i was playing ranked with a lebonk that destroyed her lane, i held mine... but bot lost tower fast and jungler got counter jungled HARD

late game rolls around lebonk is still one comboing people, gets low, use ult... dies....

oh no... in the time it took for her to die her ult is back up....

lol she got a quadra kill.... there are other uses for his ult is what im saying

over powered? no... an amazing pick on certain team comps? yes

Don't forget ulting the Karthus. Bombs and Defile everywhere all the time.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
#8DeanyzyPosted 2/16/2013 10:00:13 AM
I wouldn't say he's op in the slightest, He's a safe pick but he isn't without his weaknesses.
#9aiiirikPosted 2/16/2013 10:04:32 AM
Yorick is ok when he's with really high DPS champions. Yorick works wonders with Vayne, Kog'maw, Karthus, Cassiopeia and similar hypercarries.

But, he's not the same top lane stomper he once was and his late game suffers. I'm not a fan of him myself, not even that scary in lane anymore.
---
You're just jealous because the voices are only talking to me.
#10MizunoRyuuPosted 2/16/2013 10:09:20 AM
Secretly? No. He's blatantly a hard counter to pretty much everyone, and is very difficult to counter himself. But once the laning phase is over he just becomes an ult-bot and damage soak. Really, his only role is to make sure their top doesn't get fed and start destroying his own team.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...