Is Yorick Top Secretly OP?

#11TomorrowDogPosted 2/16/2013 9:11:15 AM
Muramana is really awesome on him and he likes IBG quite a bit too. He's a real nasty frontline fighter, but he definitely needs teammates that can cover the CC and mobility that he lacks.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#12Neo_PortaPottyPosted 2/16/2013 9:12:06 AM
MizunoRyuu posted...
Secretly? No. He's blatantly a hard counter to pretty much everyone, and is very difficult to counter himself. But once the laning phase is over he just becomes an ult-bot and damage soak. Really, his only role is to make sure their top doesn't get fed and start destroying his own team.

For the most part thats true but he does do enough smg that he cant be ignored and he can soak a fton of dmg before he goes down.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#13UnderwaterAirPosted 2/16/2013 10:46:26 AM
He doesn't crush like he used to do but he's still very powerful and in some lanes just flat out dominates.

People who say he doesn't have a lategame has no idea what they're talking about and/or have no idea how to use his ult.

It can basically give you a second ADC on your team. Control it well and you can enjoy 6v5 teamfights. Muramana means his damage doesn't drop off as much either. There are also a number of ways to build him to allow him to still tank and apply damage. Muramana is the only item I would consider core on him. Everything else is whatever is needed.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#14DiplomacySCPosted 2/16/2013 10:48:44 AM
Yorick Cass is still one of the best teamfight combos in the game.
#15InfiniteFSoraPosted 2/16/2013 10:52:59 AM(edited)
Such a ridiculously annoying champ to lane against.

I dread the day they give him a new skin.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#16OgreBattle019Posted 2/16/2013 11:07:06 AM
i run 21/9 masteries with ad runes and start dueling from level one

i pretty mcuh play every top lane like that though with insane aggressiveness but people dont ever expect it from yorick
---
| . _-~^*''' o . ''*^-'|_--~^*'' .o ''*^-'|
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio
#17heyarejayPosted 2/16/2013 11:10:08 AM
Captain's enchant on boots is really op on Yorick. Those ghosts are too speedy.
---
Steam & LoL - AreeeJaaay
Playing - TF2, LoL, Chivalry and CS: Go