Why are Riot Points so Expensive

#1104DarkPosted 2/16/2013 3:40:09 PM
From: WolfMasterZero | Posted: 2/16/2013 3:48:17 PM | #002
Hey you're the one who's paying for pixels and code

^This. I would never buy extra RP. I still have the 400 RP I started with.
Some random dude bought me a 975 RP skin, so that was cool, it is the only one I own.
I don't intend on ever getting any other skins, unless I get a code or whatever.
---
R.I.P. intrepid40 (7/13/08 - 3/28/12)
http://i.imgur.com/oYaWO.jpg
#12lordjinPosted 2/16/2013 4:17:31 PM(edited)
I create 3d assets and their pricing is reasonable because of the time it takes to do stuff even for new skins which seem to share a familiar model type.

Its actually not that easy unless you just do TEXTURE replacements. Then it can be a bit of a rip off but a full on model remake for a new style type like Debonair Jayce is time consuming.

That is JUST the designers end of it. Then they have to rig the model and it has to be tested prior to being placed in game and then after Alpha tests, they release it in PBE for further tweaks.

So $10-$15 for a premium skin is not unreasonable.
---
"As much as I like playing LoL - the majority of the populace are unfavorable people with low social skills and etiquette."
#13TrevorkkhoPosted 2/16/2013 4:22:41 PM
OT first time playing free2play/pay2win mmorpg?

RP is nothing compare to any of those rpg, $20+ for a mount/costume, then they release another set with 5% higher stats for even more. Not to mention their 'super rare' mount that you to need play lottery to win at a cost of 5% per spin(with undisclosed chance of winning, unlike real lottery, they could put it at 0.01%)
---
POK Erthroid Myeloid Ontogenic
#14P00DGEPosted 2/16/2013 4:36:24 PM
Wait for sales. That is what I do, and I have the skin I want for almost all of my champs.