Ranged AD carries mid?

#1Luigy2693Posted 2/16/2013 6:05:26 PM
Is there a reason why I dont see a second ranged adc mid unless its like a troll strat? Several of the standard ranged ADCs have a decent amount of poke to make it work id think. like Cait, Graves, Ashe, Kog, or Varus.

Honest question from a low league scrub. Flame away
#2VoidgolemPosted 2/16/2013 6:06:51 PM
people generally put the AP guys mid because the AP guys scale harder on levels than farm. AD carries scale harder on farm so they get put with a buddy that (theoretically) helps them get that farm.

Not to say they can't just farm mid, but then you don't have that TF/Ahri/Talon/Etc that hits 6 before everybody else and starts ganking a lot.
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg
#3B01tPosted 2/16/2013 6:07:32 PM
AP mids almost always have burst damage. If it comes to a fight between the 2, even lategame, the ap mid will almost always just burst them down from 100-0. Some matchups, perhaps not, but a good 90%+
---
Idealism is seeing potential. Pragmatism is seeing consequences.
#4Kirby1207Posted 2/16/2013 6:09:54 PM
I remember back in season 1 and such when ad mids where popular. I used to always run malz botlane
---
GT: Kirby1207, League of Legends ID: AFrogOnCroak
#5Arken101Posted 2/16/2013 6:10:26 PM
B01t posted...
AP mids almost always have burst damage. If it comes to a fight between the 2, even lategame, the ap mid will almost always just burst them down from 100-0. Some matchups, perhaps not, but a good 90%+

Yeah ADC's can't handle burst damage and excel in sustained damage fights where the lifesteal they build benefits them.
---
Dota2 was mai waifu
PSN/360: Maximal769
#6NinjaKangarooPosted 2/16/2013 6:22:00 PM(edited)
While it's true that a large portion of matchups in mid are bad for ADCs, they do have good matchups in the lane too.

Most are pretty good against Karthus for instance, particularly with longer attack range (Caitlyn).

They absolutely can't take people like LB, Fizz, Kassadin, or most of the other assassins.

It's still not necessarily a good idea to take one mid. Caitlyn would be the best I could think of, because her early game is really nice and she has an escape. I've seen someone bring Varus and do decently against a kennen. But that was an AP varus, it'd work the same way in lane pretty much.
---
XBL GT: NinjaKangarooo ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUqOUGlqsc8 )
#7Luigy2693(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 6:20:54 PM
NinjaKangaroo posted...
While it's true that a large portion of matchups in mid are bad for ADCs, they do have good matchups in the lane too.

Most are pretty good against Karthus for instance, particularly with longer attack range (Caitlyn).

They absolutely can't take people like LB, Fizz, Kassadin, or most of the other assassins.

LB and kass are hard to deal with regardless or at least I find them to be. I used to play caitlyn mid in S2 with a lot of success and kind of want to pick her up again as a mid, but I got flamed quite a bit when I did it then.
#8iPWNtheNoobsPosted 2/16/2013 6:40:27 PM
Leblanc mis is scary.
Kassadin is not, OH NO HE SILENCED ME?! No problem, just send 2 auto attacks and you are equal.
---
Trolling is a art
#9Luigy2693(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 6:50:03 PM
iPWNtheNoobs posted...
Leblanc mis is scary.
Kassadin is not, OH NO HE SILENCED ME?! No problem, just send 2 auto attacks and you are equal.

Its his combo PLUS his silence thats the scary thing about him.
#10Lord GrahfPosted 2/16/2013 6:52:19 PM
Caitlyn is the hardest counter to Kassadin there is.
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger