Why not a champion that's like two champions? Ice-climber style?

#1Karmic Dragon2003Posted 2/16/2013 10:46:47 PM
I think it would be pretty cool, maybe you could kill off one of them (like have one of them be the "main" while the other one is expendeble). Maybe you could even control where you wanted the expendeble one to go, like, split them up. This would of course make them deal less damage, just like Ice Climbers in the smash games, but it could have its uses.
---
CreviceCretin - Mario games are for little kids grow up and kill something.
^ 164 people agree that it's ignorance at its finest.
#2MetleonPosted 2/16/2013 10:51:51 PM
Sounds like Shaco. Or Meepo from Dota2.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#3aznsealPosted 2/16/2013 10:53:15 PM
inb4wobbling
---
Did you just compare brawl to 9/11. ~mufficity Well, yeah. Both are national disasters.~Zolios
Lightsaiot - Lvl 200 Dark Knight [Broa]
#4Karmic Dragon2003(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 10:54:32 PM
Metleon posted...
Sounds like Shaco. Or Meepo from Dota2.

It would be like shaco but with a permanent clone that you'd always be able to tell is the non-main.

Maybe his ult would be like, he summons this "clone" to him, who shields him and then empowers him and changes his three abilities for a short duration.
---
CreviceCretin - Mario games are for little kids grow up and kill something.
^ 164 people agree that it's ignorance at its finest.
#5Arken101Posted 2/16/2013 10:55:03 PM
Inb4 Quinn and Valor
---
http://animebot.everyboty.net/pix/866.jpg
PSN/360: Maximal769
#6TheSteelPhoenixPosted 2/16/2013 11:00:36 PM
a lot of people toss this idea around. if I recall the reason was they were unsure what to balance it around.

They have a constant problem where they are constrained by the fact that they don't want individual skill to have infinite gains. If there was a champ that you controlled 2 of, they have now have 3 distinct things they can do.

1. They make it so when you play him at full potential (i.e. master the difficult mechanics) you are balanced. This now means that most people play him, and he will feel really underpowered (ergo unpopular).

2. Make it so he is balanced at the average skill level, but now he is incredably powerful after someone puts in the time. Which inevitably means he either dominates the pro scene, or makes the game really unfun for anyone fighting someone who masters it.

3. Make his mechanics so that they do not scale with skill, but then when they do this, it is both insanely difficult to pull off, and other characters that have this quality have shown, it makes it feel like you aren't really doing anything, like you are playing on automatic.

Though if i recall a red onetime said that they aren't saying "no" to the idea, just unlikely.
---
lol
#7SmishhhPosted 2/16/2013 11:03:30 PM
As far as I know Riot seems to think a certain level of complexity just to get the bare minimum mechanics of a champ isn't a good thing. They're okay with a decent skill cap but if they are complicated for the sake of it right from the get go its not as fun.

I've always thought it would be cool though, and I think you could make them simple enough that micro managing wasn't really necessary or too hard anyway. We'll probably get one eventually when they run out of ideas.