How do people hit diamond?

#1dennis941012Posted 2/17/2013 3:00:26 AM(edited)
what makes them better than the rest? :X
Even if I watch the stream there is a limit to mechanical skills people have in the game
it seems like once people hit plat game isn't decided by who is better player (mechanically) but
by champions they use and decision they make. But this is solo queue filled with morons incapable
of working together and have no idea what they should be doing...
So is solo queue ranked from plat to diamond dependent just on luck and champion picks?
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#2FvPPosted 2/17/2013 2:41:04 AM
then?
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#3princemarth23Posted 2/17/2013 2:43:14 AM
Honestly I have no idea.
#4JennaTahliaPosted 2/17/2013 3:08:56 AM
Requires good decision making, making good calls in addition to mechanical skills. I find that support is easiest to get high elo with if mechanical skill is your weak point like it is for me.
---
gibe moni pls
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#5JackTNguyenPosted 2/17/2013 6:16:54 AM
dennis941012 posted...
So is solo queue ranked from plat to diamond dependent just on luck and champion picks?

I have some experience with this since I went from Plat I to Diamond V about 2 weeks ago. Honestly it felt like I just played a couple of good games and was lucky enough to get matched up with the same support for a lot of the games so I go to play AD. I was around 2100 before the reset and in my experience 1800-2000 was the most "random" period, I had a couple of losing streaks followed by winning streaks and wouldn't really go anywhere. Then one day I went from about 1870 to 2K winning all the games. So I would say at higher elo it is more of a "grind" to go up.
#6g-cube_mastaPosted 2/17/2013 6:19:38 AM
In one word: awareness.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#7HabnotPosted 2/17/2013 7:40:00 AM
Requires good decision making, making good calls in addition to mechanical skills. I find that support is easiest to get high elo with if mechanical skill is your weak point like it is for me.

so I'm pretty much f***ed forever.
---
Look, the point is to get him to go to the naked party, not correctly interpret the Bible. - Ridley X.
#8l3lueJACKrabbitPosted 2/17/2013 7:44:59 AM
JennaTahlia posted...

Jungle is easily the role that requires the least mechanics.
---
Knicks City
#9XxjudgementPosted 2/17/2013 10:24:44 AM
JackTNguyen posted...
dennis941012 posted...

I have some experience with this since I went from Plat I to Diamond V about 2 weeks ago. Honestly it felt like I just played a couple of good games and was lucky enough to get matched up with the same support for a lot of the games so I go to play AD. I was around 2100 before the reset and in my experience 1800-2000 was the most "random" period, I had a couple of losing streaks followed by winning streaks and wouldn't really go anywhere. Then one day I went from about 1870 to 2K winning all the games. So I would say at higher elo it is more of a "grind" to go up.

This, 1800 was terrible.
---
XBL: Woah its Martin
LoL: Woah its Jesus
#10happyscrub1Posted 2/17/2013 10:26:26 AM
Did you not hit diamond? I looked you up like last week and you was knocking at diamond's door.

I was getting prepared for your bragging topic.
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.