Thoughts on Warwick?

#1BoogyyPosted 2/17/2013 7:24:26 AM
I just played him, and I don't understand why he isn't used more often with the jungle changes. His passive and machete shred through the jungle pretty quicky, and his ganks pre-6 aren't THAT bad, he runs incredibly fast with boots of mobility and early points into E

At 6, I took every blue (I know, bad), but I told my mid to build an early chalice. Because of this I had my ult on a 40-50ish second cooldown (I forgot the number), so I was barely allowed to farm 2 camps at best before I was able to gank again with his ult, which basically was a garuntee kill or forced back

I went
Machete
Boots of mobility first item with E at level 3 (it felt like I was playing nocturne pre6 like this, really)
Wriggles
Spirit Visage for CDR with blue for my ult
Wits End

Then I build a Warmogs and Locket, with plans to replace Wriggles with a BotRK. However I felt like Warmogs and Lock was a bad choice and FH/Mallet would have been better.

So, Gfaqs, is Warwick really that bad of a jungler this season? His gank pressure seems pretty immense once he hits 6, anything before that just gets the ball rolling a lot faster.
---
Flowers are really unbalance
#2CloudandYuffiePosted 2/17/2013 7:26:41 AM
I personally hate warwick.

He can not gank effectively til hes level 6 and if his ult is down its like he is 1-5 again.
Meaning 1-5 the enemy team doesnt really need to worry since his ganking potential is so bad til he gets his ultimate.
---
Check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/RAWChiliPouch?feature=mhee
#3bast999Posted 2/17/2013 7:27:11 AM
He can't level 2 gank, therefore everyone think he's ****.

He's actually not bad, you can start machete two wards because of how much HP stealing you do. He's the jungler that wards mid/top for your crappy blind pick teams so they don't die while you farm to 6.
---
This but unironically.
#4HabnotPosted 2/17/2013 7:35:37 AM
He's risky in a blind pick situation because if your lanes need a lot of help pre-6, it can be really rough.

That said, he's fairly solid at dueling due to his Q and the utility on his E for chasing low hp people trying to juke you is simply amazing.

His ult is pretty much guaranteed kills in any lane that isn't utterly f***ed.

It's just frustrating to play him vs. like a Lee Sin that's getting successful ganks off at level 2 while you're clearing red or something. If you snowball with him, though, he snowballs REALLY hard and can practically just sustain farm/gank forever as laning starts to come to a close.
---
Look, the point is to get him to go to the naked party, not correctly interpret the Bible. - Ridley X.
#5Boogyy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 7:40:05 AM
Yeah, I had the issue where my bot lane was falling behind hard before I hit 6, but once I hit 6, I practically ganked the lane constantly (40-50 second ult?) that they got back on their feet.

I feel like if things go poorly pre-6, he can repair it at 6, and if they don't, he snowballs.

I wasn't fond of his team-fighting however, but that coulda been because my build was a bit wacky, or the enemy team had a lot of CC, iunno.
---
Flowers are really unbalance
#6CloudandYuffiePosted 2/17/2013 7:42:45 AM
Boogyy posted...
Yeah, I had the issue where my bot lane was falling behind hard before I hit 6, but once I hit 6, I practically ganked the lane constantly (40-50 second ult?) that they got back on their feet.

I feel like if things go poorly pre-6, he can repair it at 6, and if they don't, he snowballs.

I wasn't fond of his team-fighting however, but that coulda been because my build was a bit wacky, or the enemy team had a lot of CC, iunno.

Its also the fact if the enemy team is smart they can shut down warwick hard that 1-6 advantage can snowball almost every lane if they play smart. Its why hes not played to much risk for small amounts of rewards.
---
#7TomorrowDogPosted 2/17/2013 7:56:04 AM
his ganks pre-6 aren't THAT bad

Yeah they are. All he is going to accomplish is use his single nuke which is negligible at early levels. His E probably won't activate and if it does he is going to get out like an auto-attack and that is it.

His early game is just so lame. He's slow, can't threaten anything, and he really wants points in all of his abilities. Q is his main damage for ganks/duels but it doesn't do crap for him jungling. He needs points in W to clear, but the attack speed bonus doesn't help him otherwise until mid-game. He wants points in E to chase, but E does absolutely nothing for him clearing or roaming.

Compare it to say Skarner. Skarner's Q has AoE damage for clearing, good dueling, CC to chase or peel. His W is attack speed, a shield, and movespeed that can be activated at will. He quickly becomes potent facing any situation with points in these two abilities, whereas Warwick doesn't get moving until level 7-8 at the earliest. If he does get rolling then it can be pretty sweet though. If you are playing jungler though and just AFK farming until 6 and then only ganking when your ultimate is up you aren't really being a deciding factor in your team and are asking your teammates to carry.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#8Black_AssassinPosted 2/17/2013 7:58:06 AM
Boogyy posted...
Wriggles

Consider leaving this at Madred's razors. You don't really need extra sustain as Warwick.
#9BlocktopusPosted 2/17/2013 8:05:36 AM
He sucks, worst champion in the game and literally the only one not worth playing.

He's horrible and he looks ugly. Trundle's club is more menacing than him.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cuYAp.gif
ign toki
#10CloudandYuffiePosted 2/17/2013 8:07:40 AM
Black_Assassin posted...
Boogyy posted...
Wriggles

Consider leaving this at Madred's razors. You don't really need extra sustain as Warwick.

He should build a lizards
---