The reason LoL is the most popular MOBA is because of its Champions.

#31mrmonstrPosted 2/17/2013 2:58:36 PM
Try_Harder_Nubz posted...
How is anything that DotA offers a relic of a bygone era? It adds so much to the game that makes it infinitely better than League on all levels, and just because you dislike it doesn't mean you can label them as unimportant.

Also, while the games are essentially the same at the core, DotA does challenge your intellect. Tell me that you've mastered the ability to control all 5 Meepos at the same time. Or be able to use the perfect spell with Invoker while juking into trees and using item actives all throughout.

What can you do in League? Flash away. Flash if you're in trouble because it babies you through making mistakes. Blink Dagger punishes you for getting into trouble, Flash doesn't, and it's on a low enough cooldown. You cannot argue that DotA is not a harder game than League, because it damn well is. In League you autoattack, cast spells and use brush. In DotA you use item actives that maneuver you, abilities that allow for counterplay, you use height differences on the map, use trees for vision juking, and so much more. Sure, League has a couple cool abilities that allow for a bit of counterplay, but everything is so useless in the game that it really isn't as tactical as DotA.

You can continue arguing that DotA is archaic but the simple fact is that old =/= bad, and you're being ignorant for disagreeing with that. Denial allows for an entirely new game based around double the strategy, pulling/stacking lane creeps lets you control the map even further. Denial of towers causes for intricate teamfights revolving around denying the enemy team an extra 500 gold, and there are so many more amazing things that the game lets you do with denial that I won't even have space to cover it.

Not to mention micro ability allows for a much more diverse hero pool with more capabilities than league can handle, as well as offering illusion juking and increased farming rates when the heroes are used at their maximum level.

The game is much better but you take everything I say with a grain of salt due to inherent fanboyism and the simple fact that you can't admit you're wrong.

calm down dude, noone's saying any game is better, and if they are tell them to shut up

SHUT UP

No one wants a rant on why Dota's better.
In fact I hate Dota for all the reasons people say it's good.

What I've established from you is that Dota is more forgiving to attackers whereas LoL is more forgiving for those escaping.

This does not make either of them worse games than each other.
---
LoL: mrmonstr
#32BarrenitePosted 2/17/2013 3:01:43 PM
How is anything that DotA offers a relic of a bygone era? It adds so much to the game that makes it infinitely better than League on all levels, and just because you dislike it doesn't mean you can label them as unimportant.

Also, while the games are essentially the same at the core, DotA does challenge your intellect. Tell me that you've mastered the ability to control all 5 Meepos at the same time. Or be able to use the perfect spell with Invoker while juking into trees and using item actives all throughout.

What can you do in League? Flash away. Flash if you're in trouble because it babies you through making mistakes. Blink Dagger punishes you for getting into trouble, Flash doesn't, and it's on a low enough cooldown. You cannot argue that DotA is not a harder game than League, because it damn well is. In League you autoattack, cast spells and use brush. In DotA you use item actives that maneuver you, abilities that allow for counterplay, you use height differences on the map, use trees for vision juking, and so much more. Sure, League has a couple cool abilities that allow for a bit of counterplay, but everything is so useless in the game that it really isn't as tactical as DotA.

You can continue arguing that DotA is archaic but the simple fact is that old =/= bad, and you're being ignorant for disagreeing with that. Denial allows for an entirely new game based around double the strategy, pulling/stacking lane creeps lets you control the map even further. Denial of towers causes for intricate teamfights revolving around denying the enemy team an extra 500 gold, and there are so many more amazing things that the game lets you do with denial that I won't even have space to cover it.

Not to mention micro ability allows for a much more diverse hero pool with more capabilities than league can handle, as well as offering illusion juking and increased farming rates when the heroes are used at their maximum level.

The game is much better but you take everything I say with a grain of salt due to inherent fanboyism and the simple fact that you can't admit you're wrong.

I take everything you say with a grain of salt because that's all everything you say needs to be taken with.

You are so infatuated with the "intricacies" of Dota 2 that you seem to have completely forgotten all of the intricacies that League has as well. Red buff, blue buff, dragon, the difference in jungle creep respawns, the larger emphasis placed on towers, the stat system, a fifth passive skill, summoner spells. masteries, runes, cost-to-stat efficiency, passive gold gain, bursh, indestructable terrain, low cooldown low cost low damage spells, shapeshifting champions, larger importance of jungler, etc, etc, etc.

All because you're of the opinion that Dota 2's mechanics are better does not completely remove the existence of League's mechanics. Unlike you I am not saying "X game is objectively better than Y game and any who disagree with my opinion are wrong." I am merely defending a game that I enjoy against the ruthless onslaught of the ignorant who chastise it based solely that it is different, and that its difference brought it success.

I do believe Dota 2 is a good game. Just as good as LoL as a matter of fact. But I like LoL more. You are the one that needs to stop the rampant fanboyism Nubz. You and all of your ilk. We do not care of your so called "superior" opinion here on the LoL boards. We do not care that you enjoy Dota 2 and that you find it to be the pinnacle of pixel excellence.

So why the **** is it that you stupid ***** decide to come on down here every goddamn day and shout it at the top of your lungs? You are not going to change our opinions and none of us will change yours. If our opinions anger you so much then quit coming down here and ****ing asking us for them.
---
Official president of the free world
#33BIadeBIadePosted 2/17/2013 3:02:20 PM
How is anything that DotA offers a relic of a bygone era?

turn speed
---
League of Legends - Zantoma
PSO2 JP - Rasmolov @ Ship 10
#34WiCkEdToNyPosted 2/17/2013 3:19:58 PM
At their cores Dota 2 and League of Legends are equally difficult. Anyone who says otherwise has deluded themselves. Their difficulty is NOT placed on their mechanics. It is placed on how you as a player react to and handle the situations thrown at you by the players on the other team as well as on your own. Dota 2 and LoL have this in equal amounts. Yes, you need to remember more in Dota 2. That doesn't make it harder so get your head out of your ass.

I don't think I've ever read something more blatantly wrong about Dota2 vs. LoL. They are not equally difficult at their cores, that is just a 100% wrong statement. I played hundreds of hours of LoL, and then started playing Dota2. It was far more difficult than anything I had experienced in LoL and things such as last hitting and denying take quite a bit more skill to do effectively in Dota2. So much so that I can come back to LoL after not playing for months, hop into a game, and dominate without even trying that hard. I can guarantee you if the Dota2 pros for some reason came over to LoL they would make the top LoL teams look like chumps very quickly.
---
I5-2500k | Twin Frozr II GTX 560 Ti @1000/2000/2400 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws | Spinpoint F3 | HAF 922 | Xonar DX | A700s GT, Steam: Ryunga PSN: xRyungax
#35Try_Harder_NubzPosted 2/17/2013 3:23:20 PM
You defend your opinions and I defend mine, I'm posting in this topic because it's an argument between DotA and League as well as other MOBAS.

Please stop acting like I'm trying to be a fanboy, I still play League because regardless of how much better DotA may be it's not a bad game anyways.

You can keep saying what you want but the simple fact is that DotA has more intricacies that make the game deeper and harder to play, simple as that.
---
LoL/XBL/Steam/Everything: TryHarderNubz
http://i.imgur.com/fsLxu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/vpLI030.jpg
#36EDumeyPosted 2/17/2013 3:23:20 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111017161516/guilty-gear/images/8/85/Bridget.png

At first I thought the bow on the front of his outfit was made of hair.

I wouldn't look too carefully at that character if I were you. Take it at face value and walk away.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#37mrmonstrPosted 2/17/2013 3:24:53 PM
WiCkEdToNy posted...

I don't think I've ever read something more blatantly wrong about Dota2 vs. LoL. They are not equally difficult at their cores, that is just a 100% wrong statement. I played hundreds of hours of LoL, and then started playing Dota2. It was far more difficult than anything I had experienced in LoL...

You do realise Dota only seemed harder because you were used to LoL? The guy isn't wrong at all. If you played 100 hours on Dota before LoL then you'd be saying the opposite right now.

I got put off by Dota simply because I couldn't get used to aggro radius of things.
---
#38Try_Harder_NubzPosted 2/17/2013 3:25:03 PM
BIadeBIade posted...
How is anything that DotA offers a relic of a bygone era?

turn speed

turn speed is a factor of balance in dota though, as characters like batrider slow it in order to debuff the enemy

I fail to see how it's a problem as it allows for more game balancing, as Naix has some of the best turning speed in the game compared to someone like Pudge.
---
LoL/XBL/Steam/Everything: TryHarderNubz
http://i.imgur.com/fsLxu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/vpLI030.jpg
#39dennis941012Posted 2/17/2013 3:27:42 PM
Nubz campaigning for seat of CHA
lawl
besides not every game has to be challenging and dota2 has plenty of useless mechanics inputted to make it superficial challenging
(turning speed for example) Game should be about whats fun and it shouldn't feel like chore while you are playing it :X
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#40mrmonstrPosted 2/17/2013 3:27:57 PM
You defend your opinions and I defend mine, I'm posting in this topic because it's an argument between DotA and League as well as other MOBAS.

Please stop acting like I'm trying to be a fanboy, I still play League because regardless of how much better DotA may be it's not a bad game anyways.

You can keep saying what you want but the simple fact is that DotA has more intricacies that make the game deeper and harder to play, simple as that.

yes. ok. whatever. -_-
Just give some proof...
---