The reason LoL is the most popular MOBA is because of its Champions.

#41Try_Harder_NubzPosted 2/17/2013 3:29:41 PM
dennis941012 posted...
Nubz campaigning for seat of CHA
lawl
besides not every game has to be challenging and dota2 has plenty of useless mechanics inputted to make it superficial challenging
(turning speed for example) Game should be about whats fun and it shouldn't feel like chore while you are playing it :X

and again people bashing something they don't understand

it's a factor of balance, just because it's not the same as a game you enjoy doesn't mean it's a "superficial mechanic". When you actually take the time to get the game you understand why it's important.

also, I'm not being CHA, i'm just here to argue the opposite point of the majorirty.
---
LoL/XBL/Steam/Everything: TryHarderNubz
http://i.imgur.com/fsLxu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/vpLI030.jpg
#42Try_Harder_NubzPosted 2/17/2013 3:30:24 PM
mrmonstr posted...
Try_Harder_Nubz posted...
You defend your opinions and I defend mine, I'm posting in this topic because it's an argument between DotA and League as well as other MOBAS.

Please stop acting like I'm trying to be a fanboy, I still play League because regardless of how much better DotA may be it's not a bad game anyways.

You can keep saying what you want but the simple fact is that DotA has more intricacies that make the game deeper and harder to play, simple as that.

yes. ok. whatever. -_-
Just give some proof...

proof of what? Go play the game yourself and gather your own opinions on it instead of playing a single game and deciding it's not like League so you're not gonna touch it.
---
#43BarrenitePosted 2/17/2013 3:35:22 PM
You defend your opinions and I defend mine, I'm posting in this topic because it's an argument between DotA and League as well as other MOBAS.

Please stop acting like I'm trying to be a fanboy, I still play League because regardless of how much better DotA may be it's not a bad game anyways.

You can keep saying what you want but the simple fact is that DotA has more intricacies that make the game deeper and harder to play, simple as that.

The problem isn't that you are defending your opinions

It is that you are trying to instate them as absolute fact and as a result viciously attacking the opinions of others.
---
Official president of the free world
#44wind64aPosted 2/17/2013 3:35:59 PM
I like the "lighter" atmosphere to the League character designs.

Different people have different tasts, that doens't neccesarily mean one of them has to be wrong.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#45mrmonstrPosted 2/17/2013 3:36:14 PM
mrmonstr posted...

yes. ok. whatever. -_-
Just give some proof...

proof of what? Go play the game yourself and gather your own opinions on it instead of playing a single game and deciding it's not like League so you're not gonna touch it.

Yeah that's exactly what I did. I'm not going to play a game and understand it when I'm going to be getting frustrated for the first 50 hours, I can't get used to Dota. So no, I won't try to play it. I'm not saying it's infinately worse than LoL like you saying it's infinately better. I'm assuming everything you say is true. And nothing you've said has proved that it's more "intricate" than LoL
---
LoL: mrmonstr
#46Try_Harder_NubzPosted 2/17/2013 3:37:31 PM
Barrenite posted...

It is that you are trying to instate them as absolute fact and as a result viciously attacking the opinions of others.

How is it vicious? I'm saying what the game does and why it does it. If this was a vicious attack I'd be insulting everyone here but the only person I'm insulting is you because you ignore my points and disregard everything I say without thought.
---
#47Try_Harder_NubzPosted 2/17/2013 3:38:53 PM
mrmonstr posted...
mrmonstr posted...

yes. ok. whatever. -_-
Just give some proof...

Yeah that's exactly what I did. I'm not going to play a game and understand it when I'm going to be getting frustrated for the first 50 hours, I can't get used to Dota. So no, I won't try to play it. I'm not saying it's infinately worse than LoL like you saying it's infinately better. I'm assuming everything you say is true. And nothing you've said has proved that it's more "intricate" than LoL

I'm not forcing you to play it, but if you took the time to understand the game you'd find it's a ton of fun and you get much better at all games in this genre.
---
#48mrmonstrPosted 2/17/2013 3:40:10 PM
Barrenite posted...

How is it vicious? I'm saying what the game does and why it does it. If this was a vicious attack I'd be insulting everyone here but the only person I'm insulting is you because you ignore my points and disregard everything I say without thought.

"The only person I'm insulting is you"

hmm... I suggest you think about what you just said...

Your insulting nearly everyone who's reading your posts.
---
LoL: mrmonstr
#49Tactician_LordPosted 2/17/2013 3:41:00 PM
WiCkEdToNy posted...
At their cores Dota 2 and League of Legends are equally difficult. Anyone who says otherwise has deluded themselves. Their difficulty is NOT placed on their mechanics. It is placed on how you as a player react to and handle the situations thrown at you by the players on the other team as well as on your own. Dota 2 and LoL have this in equal amounts. Yes, you need to remember more in Dota 2. That doesn't make it harder so get your head out of your ass.

I don't think I've ever read something more blatantly wrong about Dota2 vs. LoL. They are not equally difficult at their cores, that is just a 100% wrong statement. I played hundreds of hours of LoL, and then started playing Dota2. It was far more difficult than anything I had experienced in LoL and things such as last hitting and denying take quite a bit more skill to do effectively in Dota2. So much so that I can come back to LoL after not playing for months, hop into a game, and dominate without even trying that hard. I can guarantee you if the Dota2 pros for some reason came over to LoL they would make the top LoL teams look like chumps very quickly.

That`s a converse fallacy of accident, something being difficult to you has no bearing on in if it`s factually difficult or not. Personal experiences without a large enough data to analyze are irrelevant. As many people that say that DoTa2 is "hard" so are people that say "it isn`t". So there is no fact to this matter since it pertains personal experiences, which means that DoTa2 being "harder" than LoL, or LoL being "harder" than DoTa2 is something that will not and cannot be proved.
---
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.
#50Try_Harder_NubzPosted 2/17/2013 3:42:51 PM
mrmonstr posted...
Barrenite posted...

"The only person I'm insulting is you"

hmm... I suggest you think about what you just said...

Your insulting nearly everyone who's reading your posts.

I'm insulting Barrenite for reasons stated above.

He can defend his opinions and I can defend mine, freedom of speech right?

I don't understand what's wrong with me stating what I believe to be correct and disagreeing with others.

Sure I might've hurt a couple people's feelings, but get over it. It's the internet.
---