The reason LoL is the most popular MOBA is because of its Champions.

#51Try_Harder_NubzPosted 2/17/2013 3:44:02 PM
Tactician_Lord posted...
WiCkEdToNy posted...
At their cores Dota 2 and League of Legends are equally difficult. Anyone who says otherwise has deluded themselves. Their difficulty is NOT placed on their mechanics. It is placed on how you as a player react to and handle the situations thrown at you by the players on the other team as well as on your own. Dota 2 and LoL have this in equal amounts. Yes, you need to remember more in Dota 2. That doesn't make it harder so get your head out of your ass.

I don't think I've ever read something more blatantly wrong about Dota2 vs. LoL. They are not equally difficult at their cores, that is just a 100% wrong statement. I played hundreds of hours of LoL, and then started playing Dota2. It was far more difficult than anything I had experienced in LoL and things such as last hitting and denying take quite a bit more skill to do effectively in Dota2. So much so that I can come back to LoL after not playing for months, hop into a game, and dominate without even trying that hard. I can guarantee you if the Dota2 pros for some reason came over to LoL they would make the top LoL teams look like chumps very quickly.

That`s a converse fallacy of accident, something being difficult to you has no bearing on in if it`s factually difficult or not. Personal experiences without a large enough data to analyze are irrelevant. As many people that say that DoTa2 is "hard" so are people that say "it isn`t". So there is no fact to this matter since it pertains personal experiences, which means that DoTa2 being "harder" than LoL, or LoL being "harder" than DoTa2 is something that will not and cannot be proved.

This is the best counterargument I've actually heard.

Well done *salute*
---
LoL/XBL/Steam/Everything: TryHarderNubz
http://i.imgur.com/fsLxu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/vpLI030.jpg
#52mrmonstrPosted 2/17/2013 3:46:52 PM
Try_Harder_Nubz posted...

I'm insulting Barrenite for reasons stated above.

He can defend his opinions and I can defend mine, freedom of speech right?

I don't understand what's wrong with me stating what I believe to be correct and disagreeing with others.

Sure I might've hurt a couple people's feelings, but get over it. It's the internet.

I also don't understand what's wrong with me stating what I believe to be correct and disagrreing with others.

So what now? Quit topic? Forget it? No more arguments? Cuz I'm kinda bored. Neither of us will budge.
---
LoL: mrmonstr
#53Try_Harder_NubzPosted 2/17/2013 3:47:59 PM
mrmonstr posted...

I don't understand what's wrong with me stating what I believe to be correct and disagreeing with others.

Sure I might've hurt a couple people's feelings, but get over it. It's the internet.

I also don't understand what's wrong with me stating what I believe to be correct and disagrreing with others.

So what now? Quit topic? Forget it? No more arguments? Cuz I'm kinda bored. Neither of us will budge.

I have nothing wrong with you playing whatever games you want and doing what you want, I am in no position to challenge such.

I just said what I wanted to say and that's that.

Let's just agree to disagree because neither of us are getting anywhere.
---
#54dennis941012Posted 2/17/2013 3:50:27 PM
dennis941012 posted...
Nubz campaigning for seat of CHA
lawl
besides not every game has to be challenging and dota2 has plenty of useless mechanics inputted to make it superficial challenging
(turning speed for example) Game should be about whats fun and it shouldn't feel like chore while you are playing it :X

and again people bashing something they don't understand

it's a factor of balance, just because it's not the same as a game you enjoy doesn't mean it's a "superficial mechanic". When you actually take the time to get the game you understand why it's important.

also, I'm not being CHA, i'm just here to argue the opposite point of the majorirty.

It is pointless reason they even had it was because it was mandatory. dota was mod based on warcraft and they couldn't remove turning speed :X There was no reason to input it to a brand new game >_>
why do you think sc2 removed clipping of units when in sc it added more "depth"
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#55BarrenitePosted 2/17/2013 3:55:02 PM
mrmonstr posted...

I have nothing wrong with you playing whatever games you want and doing what you want, I am in no position to challenge such.

Except you ****ing do don't even try to play the victim here.

Everyday Dota 2 enthusiasts come onto the LoL board shouting their nonsense like they're the goddamn Jehovah's witnesses

you want me to respect your opinion and I do, stop trying to force people into something they don't want by going on a holy crusade against something they enjoy

you directly say over and over again that LoL is a vastly inferior game and that Dota 2 is miles better. Objectively of course so this is clearly indisputable.

Sorry babe, but this just is not the case. I said earlier that I find both of the games equally good just that I find LoL more fun, yet still you attack me and say that I'm ignoring your points? What exactly am I ignoring? Stop trying to deny it Nubz, you're a butthurt fanboy who's angry that someone else likes a different toy than you. Grow the **** up pal, nobody wants to hear your **** and nobody wants to hear my ****.

Learn what the **** an opinion is and what it means to actually respect the opinions of others.

The LoL and Dota 2 boards are separate entities for a reason. If you want to spread the splendors of Dota 2 go do it over there not over here.
---
Official president of the free world
#56mrmonstrPosted 2/17/2013 3:58:31 PM
Barrenite posted...
mrmonstr posted...

Everyday Dota 2 enthusiasts come onto the LoL board shouting their nonsense like they're the goddamn Jehovah's witnesses

you want me to respect your opinion and I do, stop trying to force people into something they don't want by going on a holy crusade against something they enjoy

you directly say over and over again that LoL is a vastly inferior game and that Dota 2 is miles better. Objectively of course so this is clearly indisputable.

Sorry babe, but this just is not the case. I said earlier that I find both of the games equally good just that I find LoL more fun, yet still you attack me and say that I'm ignoring your points? What exactly am I ignoring? Stop trying to deny it Nubz, you're a butthurt fanboy who's angry that someone else likes a different toy than you. Grow the **** up pal, nobody wants to hear your **** and nobody wants to hear my ****.

Learn what the **** an opinion is and what it means to actually respect the opinions of others.

The LoL and Dota 2 boards are separate entities for a reason. If you want to spread the splendors of Dota 2 go do it over there not over here.

Hey Nubz, if you want to play the LoL has worst community card. Now would be a good time.
---
LoL: mrmonstr
#57Try_Harder_NubzPosted 2/17/2013 3:59:56 PM
Barrenite posted...
mrmonstr posted...

I didn't make this topic nor did I want to.

I came here to argue the opposing point with what I believe, you can keep saying I'm trying to play some sort of victim but the games are similar enough that arguments between them are perfectly valid.

So go ahead and act like I'm trying to be some sort of whiny fanboy when in the long shot I'm just here to explain the other side and defend it.

It brings me no joy to do this and I'll stop arguing about it on this board if that makes your booboo feel any better.
---
#58Try_Harder_NubzPosted 2/17/2013 4:01:28 PM
Haha, for the record Barrenite and I used to play this game all the time and still do on occasion.

I still couldn't care less of his opinion on me considering I don't actually know who the f*** he is.

Also we're posting on GameFAQS.
---
#59Master_strikerPosted 2/17/2013 4:06:54 PM
zazz9 posted...
Absolutely untrue. The only thing LoL has going for it was the first to F2P and is ultra casual. If HoN went F2P (at the start) like LoL did and was SLIGHTLY more casual..... HoN would have crushed LoL.... LoL would basically be where HoN is right now.

Gamefaqs, land where spouting BS all day long is the norm
---
yooooooo
#60BarrenitePosted 2/17/2013 4:08:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]