Wish Ranking would be based on individual scores and skills instead of wins.

#1hello_indigoPosted 2/17/2013 6:13:47 PM(edited)
Why do they base it on wins and losses to go up and down in rank? What if there's a good player in bronze and they keep losing because of noob teammates?

Why not just make it based on kills/deaths/assists?

And what I mean by this is, for support champs, they should be counting Death/Assist ratio as well. basically, Assists+kills/death ratio is what should be looked at. A Soraka with 0/4/17 can be put on the same lvl as an Ashe with 15/6/3.

And if you're not getting the kills, then you're getting assists. Either way, you should be judged with a positive score so long as you're not feeding. If your score is 1/2/1 in a 40 min game, then you deserve to be lowered in rank since you're obviously not contributing to the team.
#2AgentRebornPosted 2/17/2013 5:37:48 PM
Maybe because this is a team game?
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1935601/hynoski2.gif
#3JennaTahliaPosted 2/17/2013 5:40:23 PM
Step 1. Admitting you're bad
---
gibe moni pls
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#4Herostratus_Posted 2/17/2013 5:40:58 PM
Because there are 5 different roles in the game and none is expected to obtain the same KDA.
---
LoL IGN: Yossarian42
http://i.imgur.com/ogpq6ul.png
#5frozen37flamePosted 2/17/2013 5:46:25 PM
Just because you have decent KDA doesn't automatically make you a good player. A great support could have a terrible KDA but due to his/her play he/she could feed and protect her stupid ADC so that the ADC could get a good KDA. If ranking was based on KDA , a 0/5/15 support that makes play to protect and feed his/her carry would be ranked lower to a 15/0/0 ADC that only knows how to right click a target.

KDA doesn't tell you everything about a player's skill. Only idiots look at KDA to brag how good they are.
---
TTT2 - Jun/Asuka,T6 - Asuka/Xiao, SSF4:AE- Dhalsim/Juri, UMvC3 - X23/Zero/Ammy, Blazblue - Noel
Time to practice and experiment with Jun and Asuka. I love TTT2
#6TwoForTragedyPosted 2/17/2013 5:52:55 PM
It's not based on KDA because this isn't TDM.
#7Asmodean0Posted 2/17/2013 5:53:31 PM
frozen37flame posted...
Just because you have decent KDA doesn't automatically make you a good player. A great support could have a terrible KDA but due to his/her play he/she could feed and protect her stupid ADC so that the ADC could get a good KDA. If ranking was based on KDA , a 0/5/15 support that makes play to protect and feed his/her carry would be ranked lower to a 15/0/0 ADC that only knows how to right click a target.

KDA doesn't tell you everything about a player's skill. Only idiots look at KDA to brag how good they are.

Truer words have not been spoken.
#8SoraOwnsAllPosted 2/17/2013 5:55:51 PM
Step 1. Admitting you're bad

---
"I'm no hero, never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.
#9UnderwaterAirPosted 2/17/2013 5:56:00 PM
Step 1. Admitting you're bad.
Step 2. Admitting elo hell does not exist.

==========

Maybe because this is a team game?

Not maybe. IS. Is a team game. This is a team game.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#10Little_KindnessPosted 2/17/2013 5:57:17 PM
frozen37flame posted...

They should post something like this as a warning before you play the game.