Wish Ranking would be based on individual scores and skills instead of wins.

#11FlareZeroPosted 2/17/2013 5:03:03 PM
UnderwaterAir posted...
Step 1. Admitting you're bad.
Step 2. Admitting elo hell does not exist.

---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#12Evolution50Posted 2/17/2013 5:08:25 PM
Anyone with the ability to secure large amounts of assists would be picked 100% time. Just think Soraka support everywhere. Everyone would bait each other for the fact no one wanted to have even a chance of dying. It would pretty much ruin the game. No more jungle ganks passing kills to adc or mid just because they want to boost their score regardless of actual outcomes of the game.
#13hello_indigo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 5:10:06 PM
frozen37flame posted...
Just because you have decent KDA doesn't automatically make you a good player. A great support could have a terrible KDA but due to his/her play he/she could feed and protect her stupid ADC so that the ADC could get a good KDA. If ranking was based on KDA , a 0/5/15 support that makes play to protect and feed his/her carry would be ranked lower to a 15/0/0 ADC that only knows how to right click a target.

KDA doesn't tell you everything about a player's skill. Only idiots look at KDA to brag how good they are.

I think you're missing my point on saying KDA ratio. If I was thinking only of kills, I would've just said the Kill/Death ratio. Clearly, for support champs, they should be counting Death/Assist ratio as well. basically, Assists+kills/death ratio is what should be looked at. A Soraka with 0/4/17 can be put on the same lvl as an Ashe with 15/6/3.
#14hello_indigo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 5:12:01 PM
Evolution50 posted...
Anyone with the ability to secure large amounts of assists would be picked 100% time. Just think Soraka support everywhere. Everyone would bait each other for the fact no one wanted to have even a chance of dying. It would pretty much ruin the game. No more jungle ganks passing kills to adc or mid just because they want to boost their score regardless of actual outcomes of the game.

But if you're not getting the kills, then you're getting assists. Either way, you should be judged with a positive score so long as you're not feeding. If your score is 1/2/1 in a 40 min game, then you deserve to be lowered in rank since you're obviously not contributing to the team.
#15Evolution50Posted 2/17/2013 5:12:14 PM

I use to think this. Then I played on my friends account(Bronze 5) and I could carry every game to a point. But when kids don't follow pick order and the phrase "Lane or feed" isn't just a joke it becomes hard. Lost one of 5 because Jax didn't get top lane I did and him and ali just started sprinting to lanes to feed and then our adc afked. Low leagues are also very hostile, if you say one thing you get insulted or they threaten to feed/quit which they will do even if it is constructive criticism. I dare anyone who says elo hell isn't real to climb the low division bronze ladder.
#16Kevman510Posted 2/17/2013 5:14:25 PM
Something like this could make sense if rigid assigned roles became an actual part of the game. As it is, Riot seems to discourage the same old boring lane compositions, so I doubt they would want implement a system that judges you based on what role you claim to be playing.
#17Evolution50Posted 2/17/2013 5:14:53 PM
hello_indigo posted...
Evolution50 posted...

But if you're not getting the kills, then you're getting assists. Either way, you should be judged with a positive score so long as you're not feeding. If your score is 1/2/1 in a 40 min game, then you deserve to be lowered in rank since you're obviously not contributing to the team.

But if kills were equal to assists Soraka would be fotm for climbing ladders just R for assists all day. But if they weren't on par with kills you would have junglers, like me(J4 jungle), who never pass a single kill away. I can J4 jungle and end 4/1/12 but why would I want to do that and win the game when I can finish 9/1/7 and lose the game but come out ahead?
#18zeppelin312Posted 2/17/2013 5:15:37 PM
FlareZero posted...
UnderwaterAir posted...
Step 1. Admitting you're bad.
#19frozen37flamePosted 2/17/2013 5:26:37 PM
hello_indigo posted...
frozen37flame posted...
Just because you have decent KDA doesn't automatically make you a good player. A great support could have a terrible KDA but due to his/her play he/she could feed and protect her stupid ADC so that the ADC could get a good KDA. If ranking was based on KDA , a 0/5/15 support that makes play to protect and feed his/her carry would be ranked lower to a 15/0/0 ADC that only knows how to right click a target.

KDA doesn't tell you everything about a player's skill. Only idiots look at KDA to brag how good they are.

I think you're missing my point on saying KDA ratio. If I was thinking only of kills, I would've just said the Kill/Death ratio. Clearly, for support champs, they should be counting Death/Assist ratio as well. basically, Assists+kills/death ratio is what should be looked at. A Soraka with 0/4/17 can be put on the same lvl as an Ashe with 15/6/3.

So I ask you, how about in my example? The 0/5/15 support would be ranked lower to the 15/0/0 ADC just because the support did his/her job to protect his/her stupid ADC. Why would a support that does everything (even sacrificing his/herself) to protect the stupid ADC get a lower ranking? Oh and don't tell me that this is situation is rare because I have games where the support goes 0/10/15 and the ADC going 16/1/0 but if you observe how they play you can see that the support was the better player.

As I said before KDA isn't an indication of someone's skill. A lot of things contribute to a kill not just the player getting the kill. People who focus on KDA just like to brag that they did something while ignoring the help that they have gotten from their teammates. They are also the people who believe that they win games and their teammates lose games. Also It's a team game so being a team player/knowing how to play with a team is given more merit than individual stats.
---
TTT2 - Jun/Asuka,T6 - Asuka/Xiao, SSF4:AE- Dhalsim/Juri, UMvC3 - X23/Zero/Ammy, Blazblue - Noel
Time to practice and experiment with Jun and Asuka. I love TTT2
#20UnderwaterAirPosted 2/17/2013 8:11:17 PM
Guys, we already cleared this up in his other topic.
The reason why his KDA is positive all the time is because he just kill steals the entire game, never commits to any team fights, and lets his team lose 4v5.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/65479460
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!