League of Legends Smash Bros -- who's with me?

#11PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 5:55:25 PM
lordjin posted...
Just between us, I'm not suppose to be disclosing this much info but since this is on gamefaqs I'll let you in on a project I'm working on with some fellow and talented gamefaqs members.

We're working on building a League of Legends fanbased game created to be like SSMB and we've been working on the alpha for a bit. We're trying to spend enough time extracting in-game models from LoL and we are extracting most of their animations as well.

Our problem now is that we're trying to redo textures and scale them up for better quality because when the cameras move in close they get very pixelated or rather just look terrible upclose.

What engine?
#12Bail_TaviraPosted 2/17/2013 5:55:58 PM
Blitz grabs saving teammates from certain death in a 2v2 would be amazing.
#13PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 5:56:03 PM
Twidger posted...
Blitzcrank grabbing someone just to knock back the way they came

Nah, man. He'd pulled them in and fling them the other way.
#14lordjinPosted 2/17/2013 5:57:48 PM
PoorCountry posted...
lordjin posted...
Just between us, I'm not suppose to be disclosing this much info but since this is on gamefaqs I'll let you in on a project I'm working on with some fellow and talented gamefaqs members.

We're working on building a League of Legends fanbased game created to be like SSMB and we've been working on the alpha for a bit. We're trying to spend enough time extracting in-game models from LoL and we are extracting most of their animations as well.

Our problem now is that we're trying to redo textures and scale them up for better quality because when the cameras move in close they get very pixelated or rather just look terrible upclose.

What engine?

Unity3d

It would have been UDK but Unity3d is much easier for me to work with when it comes to coding. I don't like Unrealscript but its not a bad language just a bit old in ideology.
---
"As much as I like playing LoL - the majority of the populace are unfavorable people with low social skills and etiquette."
#15PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 6:00:48 PM
lordjin posted...
PoorCountry posted...
lordjin posted...

What engine?

Unity3d

It would have been UDK but Unity3d is much easier for me to work with when it comes to coding. I don't like Unrealscript but its not a bad language just a bit old in ideology.

Unity's a little plain, but it works. What kind of visual effects are you going for? Bloom?
#16lordjinPosted 2/17/2013 6:02:35 PM
PoorCountry posted...
lordjin posted...
PoorCountry posted...
lordjin posted...

What engine?

Unity3d

Unity's a little plain, but it works. What kind of visual effects are you going for? Bloom?

We're staying away from using bloom - we're trying to keep the feel of the art style of league but we are not importing OLD or OUT DATED model designs that need Riot's own tweaking.

So Sion and Udyr are an example. They aren't making the cut unfortunately.
---
"As much as I like playing LoL - the majority of the populace are unfavorable people with low social skills and etiquette."
#17PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 6:07:59 PM
lordjin posted...
PoorCountry posted...
lordjin posted...
PoorCountry posted...
lordjin posted...

What engine?

Unity3d

We're staying away from using bloom - we're trying to keep the feel of the art style of league but we are not importing OLD or OUT DATED model designs that need Riot's own tweaking.

So Sion and Udyr are an example. They aren't making the cut unfortunately.

I thought League of Legends uses bloom? I feel like it'd be a good tool for capturing the feel of the League of Legends world, anyway, since it's so colorful and exuberant. Bloom can make a forest look like an enchanted forest.