Theorycraft time: AP nasus

#1mystermandragonPosted 2/17/2013 9:44:33 PM
so i was messing around with some friends in a 5 man premade where we did things such as

AD annie
Support Jarvan
Heimer, just Heimer
Jungle Karthus

and i was playing AP Nasus top.
I thought it was really dumb at first, but then, i got 2 triples and was completely confused as to how i did this.

so here i am theorycrafting.

Q- will always do damage as long as Nasus is farmed, regardless of items.
W- Always a strong snar-i mean slow, regardless of items.
E- Ap gives it some decent damage but doesnt do anything exceptional unless they stand it it for a long time. It does about 100 dmg per second on top of 500 base with 400 ap.

R- this is the real beauty of an AP nasus. With 400 ap and lvl16, this will drain 10% of nearby enemies' max health every second, but it is capped at 240. The magic damage it self is nothing to write home about. However, what is amazing is the fact that Nasus will be getting 60AD per second if he stands in the middle of 5 ppl.

this means, at 10 seconds he will have 600AD on top of his base. This combined with a well farmed Q and his 20% lifesteal make him deceptively tanky.

He is a lot more squishy compared to normal nasus but i think its at least worth a look.
---
Sig won't change until my sister thinks re4 is a good game. number of people who support=9
#2zeppelin312Posted 2/17/2013 9:53:37 PM
nothing wrong with jungle karthus and support Jarvan
#3TomorrowDogPosted 2/17/2013 9:55:54 PM
Pretty sure the biggest problem would be laning unless you completely forego Q farm and just SF farm.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#4OmfgitsBlahPosted 2/17/2013 9:57:23 PM
Your Spirit Fire + ulting AAs do wicked damage, and I can see it working well if you already have 2 or 3 tanky bruisers.

Tanky AP would probably be best AP, even then. Rylai/FH/Zhonya/RoA/Abyssal + boots.
---
If inflaton turns $3 into $0, then $6 turns into $3. -Orca
#5DiortePosted 2/17/2013 9:57:39 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/64953802
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKM-XSYKrFo
#6mystermandragon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 10:01:09 PM
TomorrowDog posted...
Pretty sure the biggest problem would be laning unless you completely forego Q farm and just SF farm.

i dont see how farming with Ap nasus would be any different than farming with normal Nasus.

you can build seeker's arm guard and Glacial(for iceborn) if its against AD and negatron to build into Abyssal if you are worried about getting harrassed by your lane opponent.
---
Sig won't change until my sister thinks re4 is a good game. number of people who support=9
#7bobguydude1Posted 2/17/2013 10:01:59 PM
no. just no.
---
YOU BROKE RNG!!?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!- insane_pyro74
#8mystermandragon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 10:03:21 PM
bobguydude1 posted...
no. just no.

YES, JUST YES
CHECK, your move
---
#9DiortePosted 2/17/2013 10:34:55 PM
mystermandragon posted...
TomorrowDog posted...

i dont see how farming with Ap nasus would be any different than farming with normal Nasus.

you can build seeker's arm guard and Glacial(for iceborn) if its against AD and negatron to build into Abyssal if you are worried about getting harrassed by your lane opponent.

Farming with AP Nasus consist of pressing E in the middle of a wave then doing whatever you feel like doing. You're more than welcome to Q the minions as they die or walk over to wraiths and Q them if you're mid. Farming with AP Nasus is the easiest thing in the world.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKM-XSYKrFo
#10mystermandragon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 6:41:11 AM
Diorte posted...
mystermandragon posted...
TomorrowDog posted...

Farming with AP Nasus consist of pressing E in the middle of a wave then doing whatever you feel like doing. You're more than welcome to Q the minions as they die or walk over to wraiths and Q them if you're mid. Farming with AP Nasus is the easiest thing in the world.

unless you are being zoned, i see no reason not to just farm normally. An advantage of AP nasus is that he can push faster but i think you would still want to farm your Q if you could.
---