There is no good support in solo queue

#1dennis941012Posted 2/17/2013 10:53:56 PM(edited)
can someone tell me the logic behind mejai zyra bot when she is 1/6/4 without anyitems but boot and philo?
"I already warded around 20 wards through out the game. Why don't you ward?" - Zyra 40 mins into the game

---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#2Camel-RiderPosted 2/17/2013 10:57:02 PM
yea dennis.. you fool
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider
#3MegeasPosted 2/17/2013 11:00:08 PM
I'd be happy with a "support" picking up a philo at all. Far to many start building as if they were in a solo lane and getting a lot of CS.
#4LithspPosted 2/17/2013 11:06:08 PM
Megeas posted...
I'd be happy with a "support" picking up a philo at all. Far to many start building as if they were in a solo lane and getting a lot of CS.

^ Especially Zyra, Lux, Morg supports. Support for 10 mins. AP mage no wards after that.
Useless.
---
[]Signature[]
#5bighairycamelPosted 2/17/2013 11:07:13 PM
Well when 1 out of 124,652 players actually call support instead of copy+pasting "adc mid or top" don't expect anyone to learn how to play it.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world: those that know binary and those that don't.
#6DarkLagunaPosted 2/17/2013 11:45:58 PM
bighairycamel posted...
Well when 1 out of 124,652 players actually call support instead of copy+pasting "adc mid or top" don't expect anyone to learn how to play it.

This, exactly. Support is a role most people get stuck doing, rather than something they want to do. Even the ones that call support generally are only doing so because they duo with an ADC, or they just picked up a support champion and are trying them out, or their favorite champion really can't do anything except support, etc.

It's rare to see someone that actually enjoys playing support; It's really not that fun. It's babysitting your ADC. Sometimes, with some supports, you can make great plays, or even carry, but most of the time it's babysitting your ADC in lane, peeling/CCing for your ADC in teamfights, and generally working twice as hard as everyone else in the team and getting none of the credit. =P

So everyone copy/pastes top or mid, and everyone else has to work around them.

Arranged teams are the best bet, but even then someone always gets stuck doing support when they'd really rather do something else. And even in big tourneys or with pro players, they still never get the credit, no matter how good they are.

Alternatively, get an amazing PC, like I have, and proceed to load first and spam CTRL+V to call your position first, every time. =P I generally avoid solo queues, though...
---
I feel a draft on my butt...
#7EcchiBakaPosted 2/18/2013 12:50:25 AM
Solo Queue Supporting just has this really bad catch: The person you're paired with.

They can either be competent and follow up on your pings/engages or you're stuck with an idiot that can't see the enemy jungler coming through the warded tribush.
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka/TheGreatestBaka (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2TZhhHOlTA)
Currently reading: Freezing, To-Love-Ru, and a lot of other titles
#8AvisonPosted 2/18/2013 12:52:58 AM
Taric. The best support.
---
-True knowledge is understanding why you truly know nothing.
GT: "Avison Atrius" BB Mains: Hakumen, Arakune
#9HMandACFanPosted 2/18/2013 1:27:07 AM
I usually play support in solo queue. Sometimes even "call" it. And rarely, someone appreciates it. I usually just get a noob adc. It's weird, because in other games I play, everyone wants to be the support class.
---
Currently Playing: Civilizzation V (PC), League of Legends IGN: MeltedWater
#10PhoenixEgg88Posted 2/18/2013 5:34:18 AM
I call support as its my best role. I just get nothing from the adc over who he wants to use so I can pick a compatible champ.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10