Let's talk Nasus.

#1OmfgitsBlahPosted 2/18/2013 10:22:06 AM(edited)
I go boots 3 start (rarely cloth 5 if I'm expecting someone who can trade with Nasus, or maybe even flask 3 or flask ward 1).

I then get bigitemofsituationaltank on first back (Nega/Chain), followed by a Vampscep for sustain, and complete boots of situation.

Then, rush CDR. Got nega? Get SV, even more sustain + CDR for more Q farm. Got chain? Get Shroud, turn it into FH for all the diving and tankiness.

30% lifesteal plus armor and MR is crazy sustain, and crazy anti-tank fighting. Wither is anti-ADC/Xin/Jax.

I never stack HP on Nasus. Nasus scales far better off of resists, since lifesteal heals flat HP.

Once I've got boots, SV or FH, I get a Sheen, finish the other of SV or FH, and then build Triforce.

So my question to you is, is any of this wrong/inferior? If so, why?

And what do I do after boots of situation+FH+SV+TF? I have my vampscep, and I've been tempted to go something crazy like BT or Hydra for all the battle sustain, but I honestly don't know. I sometimes sell it for more tankiness, if I run out of slots, or just build it into BT, but I dunno.

Randuin's? CDR is wasted, and HP isn't that important, though the slow is nice (but usually unnecessary).

Thornmail? Good for having enough time to catch and fight ADCs.

Warmog's? Bleh, maybe, since that's enough HP to be worth it, and it's a bigger total EHP increase when you already own a FH+SV.

What about Zephyr? Makes non-Q hits hurt more, and eases catching people (and can swap Mercs for Swifties, for even better catching of the squishies). AP is enough to increase ult damage by a percent, but the aspd and CDR feels wasted.

Oh, maybe BotRK on Nasus now? That would be a great use of the vampscep - I'm going to try it and report on it later.

Still leaves the last item, though.

Also, I've been taking ghost instead of flash on Nasus nowadays, since Nasus is all about the longer chases, and flash is only good for dissuading really short chases or wallhopping (And Ghost synergizes with Nasus's base movespeed well). I find that if I get jungle ganked, ghost allows me to outrun even malphite+red slows combined, and wither usually lets me get enough distance to break slows and live. Also, good for split push escapes.

This is just analysis from a couple dozen games, and if you disagree with any of it, I'd love for you to tell me which parts and why - and please substantiate your arguments. Always looking to improve.
---
If inflaton turns $3 into $0, then $6 turns into $3. -Orca
#2bobguydude1Posted 2/18/2013 10:22:28 AM
no . everyone needs to stop trying to make him FotM
---
YOU BROKE RNG!!?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!- insane_pyro74
#3Z-911-ZPosted 2/18/2013 10:24:39 AM
"There, for grace, I go."
---
http://oi48.tinypic.com/ev7vir.jpg
#4Hiten42Posted 2/18/2013 10:36:24 AM
I like cloth/5, 9pots/2wards.
Cloth lets you build into Locket, which is extremely good on bruisers. CDR, health/regen, armor, all hit home for Nasus.

Kindlegem spam - Locket, Shureylia, Spirit Visage.

Iceborn Gauntlet is way better than Triforce. The AOE slow along with your Wither let you 1)slow down the bruisers trying to rush your carry
2)effectively disable their ADC

Sunfire helps you push your lane, if you're running Ghost/TP. Iceborn and Sunfire will do well with split pushing. You're almost like a Shen that hits like a truck.

Boots - Merc treads are the obvious choice. Tabi are good if you're struggling in your lane, Swiftness helps you get past slows from say- Darius' W.

I don't think stacking health is a bad idea, Warmog's could be an option, though you should have plenty of health from Kindlegem items/Sunfire.

Maybe if you need to aid the team more, you can consider Bulwark, Frozen Heart.
---
Hiten
#5OmfgitsBlah(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 10:44:10 AM(edited)
Hiten42 posted...
I like cloth/5, 9pots/2wards.
Cloth lets you build into Locket, which is extremely good on bruisers. CDR, health/regen, armor, all hit home for Nasus.

Kindlegem spam - Locket, Shureylia, Spirit Visage.

Nasus no longer has mana issues, and I feel that lifesteal is better sustain than health regen. Locket is an interesting idea, though - I'll consider it.

Iceborn Gauntlet is way better than Triforce. The AOE slow along with your Wither let you 1)slow down the bruisers trying to rush your carry
2)effectively disable their ADC

I highly disagree with this. TF lets you get to their ADC more effectively, and once you're on them, you can wither and stay on them all day. (And Phage procs are guaranteed regular now, to boot) You already get CDR from FH+SV, and Nasus benefits from AD+ASPD+CRIT and a bigger Q. I find that you don't ever really slow down more than one person anyway, since their ADC will flee almost unilaterally.

Sunfire helps you push your lane, if you're running Ghost/TP. Iceborn and Sunfire will do well with split pushing. You're almost like a Shen that hits like a truck.

I find that sunfire+IBG ruins my Q farm, and if I want to push a lane fast, Spirit Fire will do that. I'll take my time Qing every minion in a wave to get better Q farm, and those two items will break it.

Boots - Merc treads are the obvious choice. Tabi are good if you're struggling in your lane, Swiftness helps you get past slows from say- Darius' W.

Agreed, and if their team's magic-heavy but top is a heavy AD, I'll sell Tabis for Merc's. Swifties only in the rare case that they have no hard CC (and this is when I could consider Ancient Golem too, for even better catching)

I don't think stacking health is a bad idea, Warmog's could be an option, though you should have plenty of health from Kindlegem items/Sunfire.

I feel that FH+SV does more than health stacking can, though. Health as an auxillary defensive pool rather than a primary defensive resource allows lifesteal to work its magic.
---
#6OmfgitsBlah(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 10:43:29 AM
Maybe if you need to aid the team more, you can consider Bulwark, Frozen Heart.

FH aids you and your team both, via an incredible mana pool, slowing all auto-attackers (including the ADC you're catching), and a ton of armor (which makes your effective sustain higher).

Bulwark is interesting. That or GA, since you can pop up and heal a ton per Q hit.
---
#7zeppelin312Posted 2/18/2013 10:47:45 AM
I prefer sustain starts pretty much always, whether that be wards/pots, flask/pot/ward, what have you

then on firstback usually pickup a dolan shield or dragonball based on need

then I either finish SV against an ap lane, or get glacial shroud.

then I get giants belt, or upgrade to FH or IBg based on need

after that I situationally build, tankyness is more important that any potential damage item.

I don't have tons of exp. with him though
#8Camel-RiderPosted 2/18/2013 10:48:51 AM
How do you handle a teemo as your opponent?
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider
#9OmfgitsBlah(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 10:54:32 AM
Camel-Rider posted...
How do you handle a teemo as your opponent?

Cower until 7, wither, ult, spirit fire, win.

Alternatively, if he's poking with AAs, minions harass, and he'll be far forward, allowing easy ganks. Teemo's not quite as strong against Nasus as people think, since Teemo really is attack-speed dependent, and wither beats Teemo's slow.

Oh, and if he drops a mushroom, you have plenty of time to just run past or around it, and most Teemos, after seeing that, will turn around and sit right on their mushroom. NAsus's range boost means that he can AA right over the mushrooms while ulting, though, so it won't be great protection for Teemo.

Rumble is by far the hardest lane for Nasus, and Singed is decently difficult as well. Teemo's no problem compared to those two.
---
#10Hiten42Posted 2/18/2013 11:10:33 AM
Do you really need vamp scepter? I haven't noticed the need for one. I usually farm up, if I'm behind, I like to get a philostone. If i'm ahead, I like to get Sheen, to win trades, Kindlegem for CDR, etc. Vamp Scepter also doesn't really build into anything worthwhile for Nasus, well from what I can see.

I like Shuryelia's because it gives movement speed and CDR.

The current league prefers health stacking, which is why I think Frozen Heart is more optional, not mandatory. You just said that Nasus has no mana issues, so that manapool won't do much. If anything, Sheen/Triforce/IBG will give you that little oomph for mana. Besides the ADC, you'll most likely be facing AD casters, AP's, not many bruisers rely on attack speed. I can think of Irelia and Kayle off the top of my head, in which case you should be peeling Irelia off your carry, and depending on what Kayle is doing- Wither either her or the ADC.

Your movement speed from TF won't matter as much late game, because blinking ADC's will be using red buff to kite you. Shureylia's/Ghost/Boots of Swiftness/Merc Treads will give that extra movement speed boost to break through, rather than Zeal's buff.

Nasus is still an effective late game monster, so at this point, ADC's/Bruisers will be running Last Whisper/Black Cleaver. Armor will be helpful, yes, but health will be more of an effective mitigation. In terms of base items in midgame, a Giant's Belt will have more of an impact than a Chain Vest.

I'm a bit pressed for time right now, so I'm sorry if I didn't really give good justifications. Just my quick thoughts.
---
Hiten