Teach me not how to use camera lock

#1FoxDragon13Posted 2/18/2013 10:37:31 AM
I would say I am an average to above average player. I am in Silver II and overall have more wins than loses. I am not a high elo player or pro level.

But during that entire time, I used camera lock majority of the time. I am trying get myself off it, but one of the problems that I have is my screen going every which way. That and I sometimes dont know when I am being attacked, because I am looking at something else.

So any tips on making non camera lock easier? How did you guys get off it?
---
"Are you quite finished?"-Black Mage
"I was thinking I should run around in an idiotic panic."-Fighter
#2ninplayerPosted 2/18/2013 10:38:14 AM
I have this same problem. It was a lot easier to switch over to smartcasting.
#3CoryanisPosted 2/18/2013 10:38:38 AM
unlock the camera .

When you find yourself in a situation where you need to have a locked camera , just press and hold space .
#4megadude1Posted 2/18/2013 10:38:41 AM
use the spacebar. holding it down uses camera lock
---
LoL Stream: twitch.tv/wrsmega
IGN: WrSmega - Silver III
#5matthew 333Posted 2/18/2013 10:39:27 AM
silver 2

locked camera

dat ranking system...

Here's a tip: you can use free camera but still hit the spacebar to center back to your champ if you wander too far
---
The following statement is true.
The preceding statement is false.
#6ninplayerPosted 2/18/2013 10:40:47 AM
matthew 333 posted...
silver 2

locked camera

dat ranking system...

Here's a tip: you can use free camera but still hit the spacebar to center back to your champ if you wander too far

Are you an idiot?
#7FoxDragon13(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 10:40:47 AM
matthew 333 posted...
silver 2

locked camera

dat ranking system...

My friends who play with me were like what?!

I usually play jungle, top, or support. I can win my lane or stall it most of the times. And I look at the mini map
---
"Are you quite finished?"-Black Mage
"I was thinking I should run around in an idiotic panic."-Fighter
#8pozertronPosted 2/18/2013 10:49:55 AM
I never turn off the lock and my camera is always fixed.

My solution to the vision disadvantage is : push the hell out of my lane to get into the comfortable position. Works 99.9% of the time
#9WolfFogPosted 2/18/2013 10:52:59 AM
Trying playing a Real Time Strategy game for a while (Starcraft or Age of Empires should be easy to find and cheap, if a bit dated). That'll teach you to move the camera around.
#10Doom2006Posted 2/18/2013 12:08:28 PM
I worked my way out of it in about 2 games a long time ago. It's a lot easier than you think.
---
"Deadly Premonition is the worst game I have ever played. Vampire Rain was better than this."- Arucard06