I'm convinced getting out of Elo Hell is just luck

#1Shadow_King56Posted 2/18/2013 12:00:03 PM
My main account is gold III, but I wanted to help a friend who just got into the game so I used my second account which is bronze V (it was my original account). And I found that it's just impossible to win certain gains no matter how hard you try to carry. I mean I've had games where 2 go afk, sometimes I see a support take 1 kill from an ADC in lane and the ADC just starts feeding or rage quits, I buy wards for every lane and they still get ganked hard, I ping retreat and try to tell teammates "don't go there we have no vision" or "it's bait" yet they tell me I'm a noob and proceed to attempt and 1 v 5 the enemy team. And most of the games we do win are the result of idiots being on the other team instead of ours. So it's just luck based, if you're good the odds are in you're favor, but it isn't skill based at all it seems. You just have to pray you aren't paired with trolls. It's really frustrating.

So I propose you can't "carry yourself" out of elo hell only wait for the odds to work themselves out.
---
*Claims Kokonoe Rin, Vita, Nagi, Evangeline, Hanyuu, Cao Cao (KM), Kaguya, and Flonne-sama*
#2boktai3Posted 2/18/2013 12:05:18 PM(edited)
elo hell doesn't even exist, you get trapped exactly where you belong, if you and your friend get stuck in that tier, there's a reason for it, your both bad to some extent and need to just get better, team game after all, if your team is bad your just as bad as everyone else on it.
#3darkman95Posted 2/18/2013 12:05:15 PM
boktai3 posted...
elo hell doesn't even exist, you get trapped exactly where you belong, if you and your friend get stuck in that tier, theres a reason for it, your both bad to some extend and need to just get better, team game afterall, if your team is bad your just as bad as everyone else on it.

That makes sense. So he's gold for no reason at all? Those who think elo hell doesn't exist have never been there. There is just no way to win a team game with 2 less players or a feeder / troll.
---
"The only people who should shoot, are those who are prepared to be shot at."- The Great Emperor Lelouch Vi Britannia
#4boktai3Posted 2/18/2013 12:06:47 PM
darkman95 posted...
boktai3 posted...
elo hell doesn't even exist, you get trapped exactly where you belong, if you and your friend get stuck in that tier, theres a reason for it, your both bad to some extend and need to just get better, team game afterall, if your team is bad your just as bad as everyone else on it.

That makes sense. So he's gold for no reason at all? Those who think elo hell doesn't exist have never been there. There is just no way to win a team game with 2 less players or a feeder / troll.

why did you play with the troll? just because you yourself are gold doesn't mean that when with a friends you should be gold. one good player does not make a team, if you cant get the team to work well, your just as much to blame as the feeder/ "troll"
#5xMikhalxPosted 2/18/2013 12:08:50 PM
I play Elo hell everyday. It's not as bad as you think.

I also got like 3-4 of my other friends to gold. Most of it is luck, but the other part is skill. You really have to hard carry in low Elo; to the point that you might consider mejai's if you can get fed enough.
#6Shadow_King56(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 12:09:38 PM
boktai3 posted...
elo hell doesn't even exist, you get trapped exactly where you belong, if you and your friend get stuck in that tier, there's a reason for it, your both bad to some extent and need to just get better, team game after all, if your team is bad your just as bad as everyone else on it.

So much fail logic. If I'm just as bad as everyone else why can I go to my other account and continue to win games? And even carry some of them.

Elo Hell doesn't play like other tiers. In other tiers you get component teammates who are aware of their weaknesses and who know what to do and you work / strategize together. In Elo Hell you have to literally play every role at once and there is no teamwork at all because no one listens and thinks this isn't a team game.
---
*Claims Kokonoe Rin, Vita, Nagi, Evangeline, Hanyuu, Cao Cao (KM), Kaguya, and Flonne-sama*
#7FlareZeroPosted 2/18/2013 12:12:31 PM
Lmao so you got worse is what you're saying? People usually get better, not worse.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#8kourkourPosted 2/18/2013 12:13:40 PM

If It didn't exist wouldn't you think a Gold III would be able to carry a bronze V game?
---
"stereotypical internet guy" -Fuzzy_Blanket
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/kourkour/xcluded.jpg
#9SmalvehPosted 2/18/2013 12:14:44 PM
boktai3 posted...

one good player does not make a team

carry harder noobs lol
#10Damien 5000Posted 2/18/2013 12:15:02 PM
I swear, people who complain about ELO Hell forget that their team isn't the only bad one. If you're in "ELO Hell" then your team isn't the only bad team. Their team has just as many trolls, leavers and morons.

Here's a tip. Carry. Carry your team. Pick a role less people know how to do, like jungle or support, find a friend, and then get out of ELO Hell.
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010