if i buy runes at level 9 and i use the rune maker to turn them into high ones

#1ShadyDudePosted 2/18/2013 3:34:02 PM
is it cheaper in the end?

if i buy 9 armor pen reds and they can turn into 3 armor pen reds of the better one right?

please help i'm confused about this rune generator
#2PrizmSlashPosted 2/18/2013 3:35:55 PM
The runes that come out are random. It could turn out to be arpen reds or you could end up with a -% death time quint...
---
-_-
#3ShadyDude(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 3:36:40 PM
crap that's completely useless
#4MakJussPosted 2/18/2013 3:36:45 PM
its random ......

25 tier 1 --> 5 tier 2 --> 1 tier 3
#5OpforALLAHJIHADPosted 2/18/2013 3:37:34 PM
If you are pre 30, go for it, but once you hit 30 forget it. Once you hit 30 generate as much as you can out of ur lower tiers then never touch it again.
---
LoL ign: otto lock
#6TomorrowDogPosted 2/18/2013 3:37:38 PM
When you put runes in the combiner, all you know is the tier it will be and the result that you get is random. So if you are gunning for specific runes it isn't going to do you a lot of good.

Buying some cheapo tier 1 runes while you level to 30 and then tossing them in the combiner to see what you get is a common strategy though. You can potentially get a good rune for cheaper, but the odds aren't the greatest. On the upside, if you get a rune you don't want you can just throw it back in the rune combiner (with another rune) and have another shot at getting a good one.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#7xMikhalxPosted 2/18/2013 3:39:43 PM
Well, if you have absolutely no tier 3 runes, then it's likely you'd get a useful tier 3 rune. As for if it's cost effective, that depends on your luck.

Get some good quints from combining and you're good to go!
#8boottarPosted 2/18/2013 3:57:21 PM
If I have any advice pre-20 it's DON'T buy any tier 1/2 runes, it's a waste.

Rune combiner is random and meh.

Honestly I buy most my champs with RP (only if they go on sale/bundles) and If I had to save IP too often it would bother me that I wasted so much early on on useless runes.

Stick to getting tier 3's and don't bother buying any runes till you can.
---
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bottar1/
League of Legends (EUW): bottar1
#9TomorrowDogPosted 2/18/2013 4:14:22 PM
Tier 1 runes cost like nothing bro. You're a turbonerd if you're making a big deal about "wasting" a few hundred IP (like one game + first win bonus) on tier 1s pre-20.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#10DarkemastePosted 2/18/2013 5:40:04 PM
I had a much easier time with filled rune slots against people with no runes at all which still happens to around lvls 20-27.

That being said t1's are dirt cheap and in the end only a few first win of the day bonuses pre-20. (non-quints anyways)

I also wouldn't recommend spamming 15IP runes on the combiner if you are only familiar with only 1 particular role/damage type. Generally speaking, the odds are greater that you may get a higher value rune from the combiner, but it may be essentially useless for say an adc/ap mid.
---
Common sense seems to be more uncommon.