Well isnt a champion OP when you HAVE to

#1Cobra1010Posted 2/18/2013 4:33:55 PM
suppress them early in game? How is this even an excuse when you compare to weak champions that HAVE to farm to get anywhere decent end game?
---
Playing: Nothing, maybe a bit of LoL. Am I getting old or are games this gen just mediocre?
--Yoichi Wada needs to be fired--
#2RoyMaster4Posted 2/18/2013 4:36:18 PM
You have champions that are OP at different phases of the game. Le Blanc is best early, but not nearly as good as other mids late game. However, Vayne is on the opposite end, not being as good early but the best carry once she gets her items.

Just because a champion is good early doesn't mean he/she is OP.
---
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023511833
Pokemon White FC: 1420-6147-6059
#3Edgemaster70000Posted 2/18/2013 4:40:48 PM
You go ahead and tell me Renekton is OP when he can take half your health with one combo at level 3, but has to work a lot harder to do that much damage mid-late game.
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
#4Cobra1010(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 4:43:05 PM
Im talking about champs like akali. If you are stuck in a pub game in lane agasint an akali and your not a bruiser/tank. She pretty much feed on you, snow ball and destroy the whole team.
---
Playing: Nothing, maybe a bit of LoL. Am I getting old or are games this gen just mediocre?
#5Edgemaster70000Posted 2/18/2013 4:45:09 PM
Cobra1010 posted...
Im talking about champs like akali. If you are stuck in a pub game in lane agasint an akali and your not a bruiser/tank. She pretty much feed on you, snow ball and destroy the whole team.

Swain can cast a Nevermore on himself to get her off, use his ult to heal, etc. Kassadin can cast a silence and flee, so can Cho. Fizz can trollpole all day long.

There are lots of mids that can handle akali as long as you have more IQ points than the average boulder.
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
#6DracovianPosted 2/18/2013 4:46:10 PM
Cobra1010 posted...

Akali is pretty nasty but she can only take what you give her. Stay under your turret even if you are losing a lot of CS and poke here and there. I do admit it can be a nightmare if you have a bad jungler but otherwise it's manageable.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
#7Cobra1010(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 4:55:33 PM(edited)
Ok now that we are talking about akali. Her passive has life steal, she has no mana which means she can stay in lane longer than any1 who needs mana. Her life steal means early game, if you are also an assasin melee like fizz, you would lose duels. Heck i've even seen kha'zix's losing to her.

And once every1 gets to level 6. If you have low or just lower health and shes within sight range, she ults you to death ignoring tower.

Hey at least vayne can only roll-shoot between cooldowns. If akali has invisible and that ult then i think vayne deserves roll with 1 second cooldown instead of 6.
---
#8PhoenixEgg88Posted 2/18/2013 4:55:34 PM
cc is your friend. that and a bruiser to peel her off you and show her who's boss
---
So Big, So Angry, So Dead.
#9DarkemastePosted 2/18/2013 6:17:17 PM(edited)
I have a feeling TC stays inside her smokescreen and doesn't build any mr.

Any AoE ability still hits her when she's invisible and her spell-vamp has a greater impact in duels when her shroud gives her some nice armor/mr making her slightly tanky.

One of my favorite lol moments playing against Akali was finishing her off as Eve with Eve's ultimate as soon as she tried using her smokescreen to escape from a skirmish because I knew that is was coming. (sadly no longer possible)

Edit~TC, you do realize that you're initial argument actually applies more towards adc's/apc's than assassins, right?
---
Common sense seems to be more uncommon.
#10mtsui91Posted 2/18/2013 6:28:50 PM
just a general tip against akali:
If your teammate is coming to gank for you, one of you should have a pink ward for when she shrouds. Idk how many times I've just randomly walked away from a gank using akali because no one on the opposite team wanted to shell out gold for a pink