ADC's. Please stop buying boots as your first item.

#1Xano1234Posted 2/18/2013 9:06:36 PM
Considering the fact that you don't really need to be running around much early game, you really need to get damage and sustain.

I always cry as a support when my adc gets boots first and theirs gets Dorans. Pretty much means if we get into a skirmish bot, they are going to come out on top because they do more damage.

I have wards for you so you don't need those boots to run away from ganks.

You are not running around the map ganking, you are staying in bot lane.

You probably have flash anyway, so you have those for an escape.

Building Zerkers early doesn't really help you CS any better.

Please please please stop getting boots as your first item. It helps no one but the other team.
---
Brawl Friend Code: 1547-4883-9310
#2AC_DragonfirePosted 2/18/2013 9:09:41 PM
When their support has heavy CC. I think i'll go with my boots/3 pots. It actually sustains better in some ways than a doran's. You can always buiding a life scepter which is 800 gold.

So doran's is 475 vs 800g. AND you can build blood thirster. So stop crying about ADC's building boots. It actually helps them zone in and out and avoid skill shots. Oh it also helps in killing mage minions in the back of the minion pack which is dangerously close to the enemy. It's 2v2 which can turn ugly fast.
#3ZjakzPosted 2/18/2013 9:10:16 PM
what if I'm against blitz or leona?
---
http://i.imgur.com/X4CdE.gif
http://i.imgur.com/P1MZo.png
#4CrumpledPaperPosted 2/18/2013 9:11:54 PM
You probably have flash anyway, so you have those for an escape.

Relying on something that has a 240 or whatever cd ALL the time isn't my style

boots and 3 pots it is. I might start longsword 2pots if I have a soraka I guess
---
Eh
#5JennaTahliaPosted 2/18/2013 9:12:04 PM
Starting boots will give you an extra pot.
2 doran's blade are better than a vamp early game, a vamp is only better because it builds into something.

"Pretty much means if we get into a skirmish bot, they are going to come out on top because they do more damage.
Building Zerkers early doesn't really help you CS any better."

Zerkers will help you win skirmishes
---
gibe moni pls
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#6Genome164Posted 2/18/2013 9:16:38 PM
i go longsword 2 pots unless they have a support/champ that relies on skill shots(blitz/thresh/leona/ez etc)

dorans only if my support has some type of sustain
#7Sword_SlasherPosted 2/18/2013 9:19:11 PM
Confident matchup: Doran's blade
First back: BF sword

Medium match up: Long sword 2 pots
First back: BF sword

Ridiculously tough match up: Flask+pots
First back: Doran's blade
---
Posted from my N-Gage
#8Doc_MPosted 2/18/2013 9:21:23 PM
Boots are good against poke reliant ADCs like Ezreal or Cait. It's also nice for MF so you can hit Q's and run away before the enemy gets a chance to poke back. There are a lot of reasons to get boots first essentially.
---
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease"
-Anonymous
#9hpdeskjet920cPosted 2/18/2013 9:25:17 PM
I actually prefer starting cloth 5 pots on most AD carries now. Either build it into Ninja Tabi or sell it late game.
---
LoL IGN: thresholden
#10BlocktopusPosted 2/18/2013 9:26:18 PM
hpdeskjet920c posted...
I actually prefer starting cloth 5 pots on most AD carries now. Either build it into Ninja Tabi or sell it late game.

why would you get tabi on an ad carry lol
---
http://i.imgur.com/cuYAp.gif
ign toki