So guys, I gotta new idea for Heimderdinger's turret rework!

#1pk1285Posted 2/18/2013 9:56:00 PM
So let me start by saying I don't play Heimer, I don't even own him. He was one of the first champs I played when I started this game, I really liked him but I never got him because of his limited presence lategame, and that the community hates him and I don't want to be trolle

I have an idea for his turrets, something that may be overpowered, but I wanna hear you guys' opinions.

I would like it to be a little how it is now, with a slight fusion of some of Orianna's ball tactics.

He still can have 2 turrets out at a time, and gets the parts for a new one every x seconds, but my idea is that these turrets are mobile.

This idea could go a few different ways, the most basic was my idea that Heimer's new turrets were like mini Roflcopters (Corki's vehicle). He can drop them like usual, and then, similar to Orianna and her ball, Heimerdinger will be able to pick up the mini Roflcopters.But after he picks up his little copters, they will follow him around and will shoot whoever Heimer targets.

I read about the new ping wheel on PBE, and was thinking that Heimer would be able to adjust the settings of his turrets. From attacking the nearest thing in sight, like they are now, to prioritizing champs, to only attacking when heimer or another ally attacks. This would keep his turrets from aggroing Baron or dragon if he is carrying them while walking by.

He now shouldn't need to be limited to a small range of setting his turrets, but be able to set it farther away, where a small valkryie like thing would activate.

Now from here, it gets kind of weird. I think that Heimer should be able to attach his copters to follow his allies. This would put Heimer in more of a supporting role, as he will be able to give his turret to the ad carry, similar to lulu's help pix.

I think that was all the idea's I had for his turret. I think that this would make Heimer into a more support-like champ, and I think he would be a little more fun, but it would be kind of complicated, and I know Riot dislikes overly complicated champs. Let me know what you guys think. I understand his numbers would have to be tweaked, but he's getting reworked anyways.
---
LoL: Peeeks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB-pAPiMF44
#2BlocktopusPosted 2/18/2013 10:02:48 PM
this isn't new
---
http://i.imgur.com/cuYAp.gif
ign toki
#3pk1285(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 10:04:13 PM
Blocktopus posted...
this isn't new

Well I'm quite sorry for having an old idea. It always seems that nothing is ever a new idea. Makes me sad.
---
#4aHappySackaPosted 2/18/2013 10:04:29 PM
tl:dr
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#5pk1285(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 10:05:46 PM
TL;DR Heimer gets mini ROFLCOPTERS for turrets that can move and can attach to allies.
---
#6pk1285(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 10:44:48 PM
bump.
---
#7Tro77TroPosted 2/18/2013 11:10:42 PM
Never again.
---
Fiora is mai waifu. :O
"Why would they add LBGTWTFBBQ characters if Riot can't even add a brother?" -Slayn
#8kirbyakaZPosted 2/19/2013 12:38:21 AM
I like it, especially incorporating the new ping wheel system into something else. Good job TC.
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:12 Annoyed faces:4
#9BlackBeetleborgPosted 2/19/2013 1:32:28 AM
Heimerdinger rework:

Passive Tech Savvy - Heimerdinger starts the match with the item "Wrench". Wrench can be upgraded into several different forms, that change the characteristics of his turrets and bombs. Additionally, Heimerdinger gains certain stats per level according to which upgrade was chosen. The name of the skill will change when Wrench is upgraded.

Wrench can be upgraded into a:
- Bolt Wrench (CDR)
- Flame Wrench (AP)
- Chilling Wrench (Mana)
- Stone Wrench (Health)

Q Deploy Turret - Heimerdinger places a turret on the ground that damages nearby enemies. Turret fire can be focused by using SHIFT+Click.
With each respective upgrade:
Bolturret- A quick-fire turret is placed on the ground that shoots chain lightning every 5th attack. Max 2 turrets
Flarret - A large canon-like turret is grounded nearby. With an average attack speed, this turret deals splash damage, and causes foes to burn. Enemies standing near anything burning will take damage from that target. Towers can burn. Max 1 turret.
Chillet - An ice pellet turret is placed on the ground. Shooting fairly quick, each pellet slows enemies hit. Max 3 turrets.
Guardian - A moving stone turret is built beside Heimerdinger. As it says, this turret moves with him, and can be issued commands with SHIFT+CLICK. With a slow attack speed, the turret hits under melee range, causing a ministun to the target. By default, they will attack what you click as your target. Max 2 turrets.

W Homing Missile - Same s*** from before.

E Toss Bomb - Heimerdinger tosses a bomb that can have different properties according to which upgrade of Wrench was chosen. By default, this only deals AoE damage.
Shocker - Heimerdinger's bomb has increased missile speed, lower AoE, and will cause a chain lightning to targets adjacent to the AoE. This chain deals half damage.
Napalm - Heimerdinger's bomb comes from the skies dealing initial damage, and then burning foes within.
Chillyball - Heimerdinger tosses a snowball that briefly freezes enemies on impact. Afterwards, it causes slow to those still standing in the AoE.
Boulder Toss - Heimerdinger throws a large stone that deals damage and stuns enemies on impact.

R Secret Weapon - Heimerdinger pulls out a large laser canon for the finale. After being charged for 2 seconds, A sphere of energy is shot across the map. This skill gains an additional effect according to which Wrench upgrade was chosen:
Thunder Sphere - The sphere is charged for 1 second instead, and nearby enemies are shocked if they are standing next to a hit target.
Fire Sphere - The sphere is shot with an increased radius. Enemies hit are additionally burnt for HP% damage over time.
Water Sphere - When this sphere hits enemies, they will be dowsed, and lose movement speed for 3 seconds.
Earth Sphere - This sphere rolls across the map, damaging and stunning enemies hit. Charge time increased to 3.5 seconds.

And his model? Picture a yordle flying around in a tiny hovercraft with robotic hands, similar to Dr. Robotnik.

I feel this gives Heimerdinger a great sense of customization, whether you take a great turret with a crappy bomb, or great bomb with a crappy turret. Or maybe balancing them out. Obviously tons of numbers would be tweaked to get the right balance, but I'm sure I did a pretty good job. I'd like to see this implemented into the game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXnxTNIWkc
LoL - BlueberryHuggles
#10TheIceRaptorPosted 2/19/2013 1:35:51 AM
BlackBeetleborg posted...
Heimerdinger rework:

Wrench can be upgraded into a:
- Bolt Wrench (CDR)
- Flame Wrench (AP)
- Chilling Wrench (Mana)
- Stone Wrench (Health)

Q Deploy Turret - Heimerdinger places a turret on the ground that damages nearby enemies. Turret fire can be focused by using SHIFT+Click.
With each respective upgrade:
Bolturret- A quick-fire turret is placed on the ground that shoots chain lightning every 5th attack. Max 2 turrets
Flarret - A large canon-like turret is grounded nearby. With an average attack speed, this turret deals splash damage, and causes foes to burn. Enemies standing near anything burning will take damage from that target. Towers can burn. Max 1 turret.
Chillet - An ice pellet turret is placed on the ground. Shooting fairly quick, each pellet slows enemies hit. Max 3 turrets.
Guardian - A moving stone turret is built beside Heimerdinger. As it says, this turret moves with him, and can be issued commands with SHIFT+CLICK. With a slow attack speed, the turret hits under melee range, causing a ministun to the target. By default, they will attack what you click as your target. Max 2 turrets.

W Homing Missile - Same s*** from before.

E Toss Bomb - Heimerdinger tosses a bomb that can have different properties according to which upgrade of Wrench was chosen. By default, this only deals AoE damage.
Shocker - Heimerdinger's bomb has increased missile speed, lower AoE, and will cause a chain lightning to targets adjacent to the AoE. This chain deals half damage.
Napalm - Heimerdinger's bomb comes from the skies dealing initial damage, and then burning foes within.
Chillyball - Heimerdinger tosses a snowball that briefly freezes enemies on impact. Afterwards, it causes slow to those still standing in the AoE.
Boulder Toss - Heimerdinger throws a large stone that deals damage and stuns enemies on impact.

R Secret Weapon - Heimerdinger pulls out a large laser canon for the finale. After being charged for 2 seconds, A sphere of energy is shot across the map. This skill gains an additional effect according to which Wrench upgrade was chosen:
Thunder Sphere - The sphere is charged for 1 second instead, and nearby enemies are shocked if they are standing next to a hit target.
Fire Sphere - The sphere is shot with an increased radius. Enemies hit are additionally burnt for HP% damage over time.
Water Sphere - When this sphere hits enemies, they will be dowsed, and lose movement speed for 3 seconds.
Earth Sphere - This sphere rolls across the map, damaging and stunning enemies hit. Charge time increased to 3.5 seconds.

And his model? Picture a yordle flying around in a tiny hovercraft with robotic hands, similar to Dr. Robotnik.

I feel this gives Heimerdinger a great sense of customization, whether you take a great turret with a crappy bomb, or great bomb with a crappy turret. Or maybe balancing them out. Obviously tons of numbers would be tweaked to get the right balance, but I'm sure I did a pretty good job. I'd like to see this implemented into the game.

I don't approve of much these days

http://i.imgur.com/XqbiK.jpg

But my name is iceraptor and i approve this message
---
Official League Of Legends Board Minister Of sex and sexual activities.
OH slark had his way with you.