Many people say Xerath is sleeper OP, but I would say Viktor is.

#21SorrySleepingPosted 2/21/2013 10:20:35 AM
g-cube_masta posted...
Far too much of his damage is loaded into his R which has a super high cooldown.

He's good in poke comps.

I love Viktor but that is pretty true about his ult. It's annoying that his ult doesn't get a lower cooldown with levels too.

I want to mess with itemization more to see if I can get around that. Back in S2 I went through a phase where I rushed Augment Death and DFG, which was pretty fun until they utterly neutered the item. But now that it's been remade and buffed in S3 while Deathcap is comparatively weaker of an item, I think it's worth exploring that route again. I also need to do more experimenting with Liandry's vs Void Staff to see which synergizes with his kit better. It would just be nice if everyone in my Elo/Division didn't automatically call mid so I could actually toy with things more.

Just a note, Liandry's procs more with Augment Death because of the DoT added to it. It also works on his ultimate too, so it is probably the best item for him.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#22mantana888Posted 2/21/2013 10:24:02 AM
TheSuspected posted...
kirbyakaZ posted...
AStrawhatPirate posted...
Xerath is my secret op champ. I literally think it is physically impossible to have a negative K/D with him

I've ruined Xerath's day before with both Veigar and Fizz.

Also, I think the reason that Viktor isn't played more is because his laser is "hard" to land, especially with smart casting.

Honestly shouldn't happen. Xerath never has to leave tower range.
And after he shoves your lane from safety, he'll gank your team from unwarded locations.

Or, this is how I play him. Haven't lost mid yet with him. Against champs such as Lux, Syndra, Akali, and Ryze.

Seriously. Xerath was my back-up AP carry behind Ahri in Season 2, and it was almost impossible to lose lane if you got the 7 minute blue buff. No one can withstand the constant long-range Q spam, and getting kills/burning flashes with him at 6 is super easy with his crazy burst.

Of course, if you don't get blue buff, things are a LOT harder.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#23Fenrir the WolfPosted 2/21/2013 12:37:00 PM
SorrySleeping posted...
g-cube_masta posted...
Far too much of his damage is loaded into his R which has a super high cooldown.

He's good in poke comps.

I love Viktor but that is pretty true about his ult. It's annoying that his ult doesn't get a lower cooldown with levels too.

I want to mess with itemization more to see if I can get around that. Back in S2 I went through a phase where I rushed Augment Death and DFG, which was pretty fun until they utterly neutered the item. But now that it's been remade and buffed in S3 while Deathcap is comparatively weaker of an item, I think it's worth exploring that route again. I also need to do more experimenting with Liandry's vs Void Staff to see which synergizes with his kit better. It would just be nice if everyone in my Elo/Division didn't automatically call mid so I could actually toy with things more.

Just a note, Liandry's procs more with Augment Death because of the DoT added to it. It also works on his ultimate too, so it is probably the best item for him.

Hmm. I remember hearing that the augment DoT didn't proc Liandry's. But if it does then it's unquestionably better.
---
And then John was a zombie.
#24Reaper_MinionPosted 2/21/2013 12:44:00 PM
A good Xerath is one of the most annoying things to face in lane. There's a known high Elo player that spams Xerath and wins his lane pretty much every game.

If Viktor's shield worked instantaneously or had longer range, he'd be much more of a threat. As it is, you can trade with him before his shield actually takes effect.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://i50.tinypic.com/21l3f3s.jpg
#25themagicpainmanPosted 2/21/2013 12:48:11 PM
Neither of them are sleeper OP.

They're both horrendous champions that should never be played ever.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#26justdeath1Posted 2/21/2013 12:57:09 PM
mantana888 posted...
TheSuspected posted...
kirbyakaZ posted...
AStrawhatPirate posted...
Xerath is my secret op champ. I literally think it is physically impossible to have a negative K/D with him

I've ruined Xerath's day before with both Veigar and Fizz.

Also, I think the reason that Viktor isn't played more is because his laser is "hard" to land, especially with smart casting.

Honestly shouldn't happen. Xerath never has to leave tower range.
And after he shoves your lane from safety, he'll gank your team from unwarded locations.

Or, this is how I play him. Haven't lost mid yet with him. Against champs such as Lux, Syndra, Akali, and Ryze.

Seriously. Xerath was my back-up AP carry behind Ahri in Season 2, and it was almost impossible to lose lane if you got the 7 minute blue buff. No one can withstand the constant long-range Q spam, and getting kills/burning flashes with him at 6 is super easy with his crazy burst.

Of course, if you don't get blue buff, things are a LOT harder.

when i play xerath i can't ever win against LB and in some cases Kass
#27iXCelticXiPosted 2/21/2013 12:58:37 PM
And good players would say neither are.
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#28Fenrir the WolfPosted 2/21/2013 1:02:07 PM
Nah, any time you see a streamer actually use those champs they're like "hey this guy is actually pretty good!"

Then they forget about it and go back to using their usual champ rotation.
---
And then John was a zombie.
#29KirynTheClericPosted 2/21/2013 1:13:48 PM
XcaIIion posted...
dennis941012 posted...
xcallion how do you build viktor?

get people to stop banning him against me in inhouses and i'll show you :3

Pls no.
---
LoL IGN: Zebraoracle
#30g-cube_mastaPosted 2/21/2013 1:18:49 PM
There's a known high Elo player that spams Xerath and wins his lane pretty much every game.

iKarry

he's pretty awesome

twitch.tv/iKarry is his stream.

He plays a lot of mids. He's a really good player mechanically, watching his Lee Sin is nutty.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png