I lost 1 game at 0 LP and got moved down to Gold IV, why is this?

#1Skyscraper101Posted 2/19/2013 5:58:03 AM
I thought you had to lose like 2-3 games at 0 LP to move down?
#2BarrenitePosted 2/19/2013 6:01:26 AM
thats only after you moved up a division
---
Official president of the free world
#3SackBoiPosted 2/19/2013 6:36:57 AM
What -_- so let me get this straight to move up a rank... you do how many rank matches? Then even if you win them then lose your next game you go back down no matter what?
---
Sometimes you get the coal mine, and sometimes you get the shaft.
#4xMikhalxPosted 2/19/2013 6:45:48 AM
No, it should only be that way if your hidden Elo is lower than your MMR. I've lost like 2-3 games at 0 points and I didn't drop (thankfully).

It's an awkward system; harder to climb up if you're unlucky, but usually harder to drop as well.
#5GainazzoPosted 2/19/2013 7:03:48 AM
I think you have dropping immunity for like 3 games, but if you win 2, lose 3 you drop.
#6bstbllPosted 2/19/2013 10:17:53 AM
I'm pretty sure there's no set number for how many games you can lose before you get demoted. I don't have a source for this, but I imagine that it's something to do with the interaction with your MMR. If your MMR says you're supposed to be gold V but you're in gold III, you'll be more likely to get demoted. Same as how, when your MMR is lower than your division, you lose more LP for losses and gain less for wins. By the same logic, if your MMR is gold I and you're gold III, you'll have more leeway because the system believes you should be higher than you are and is less likely to demote you for a bad streak, at least until you lose enough games to get your MMR down.

This is all speculation, but it seems to make sense to me.
---
So basically communists are druids. -Gestapoid
#7Supat0nyPosted 2/19/2013 10:37:36 AM
I'm Bronze I, and I only play with High Silver/Low Gold.

I actually started this season as low Bronze 3.. I breezed through Bronze 3 undefeated, skipped Bronze 2, went straight to Bronze 1.. lost about 3 games in a row, and nothing happened..

Started winning again though :D
---
Former GameFAQs name - Squa11y
Former GameSpot name - Kamio
#8POkemon_PoWeRPosted 2/19/2013 10:43:23 AM
Supat0ny posted...

I actually started this season as low Bronze 3.. I breezed through Bronze 3 undefeated, skipped Bronze 2, went straight to Bronze 1.. lost about 3 games in a row, and nothing happened..

Please explain how you skip a division.
---
I'm the best player here. The rest of you aren't as good as me-ninja1357
LoL IGN: m0bilize (NA)
#9Supat0nyPosted 2/19/2013 11:24:09 AM
POkemon_PoWeR posted...
Supat0ny posted...

Please explain how you skip a division.

I'm not too sure, my only guess was pre-season, I duo with my <800 Elo buddy in attempt to get him out of Elo Hell. He was too heavy, and I dropped to ~900 Elo.

League started, and I was put in Bronze 3. I then ditched that buddy to duo with another buddy who was Silver 3/4. He was always first pick, me last. After 4 games undefeated I was up for a promotion.. won 2 games in a row, and went straight to Bronze 1.

My theory is that my Elo is higher than where I should be.
---
Former GameFAQs name - Squa11y
Former GameSpot name - Kamio