So... Spirit Visage on Akali.

#1fft_ramzaPosted 2/19/2013 9:13:05 AM
... Does it synergize with her passive? If so, why aren't more people building it?
---
Signature for rent
#2XxAzerothxXPosted 2/19/2013 9:14:32 AM
Well, the thing is, Akali is an assassin and so her main form of defense is blowing up the enemy and escaping with her shroud/ult. Having something oriented in regenerating hp would detract from her main role and would probably turn out detrimental to her efforts.
#3MetleonPosted 2/19/2013 9:15:15 AM
Akali is an assassin so she should be focusing on damage to kill people. There are obviously time where she would need some defensive items, but the best MR item for her is Abyssal Scepter because of the magic pen.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#4InfiniteFSoraPosted 2/19/2013 9:15:35 AM
Because gunblade gives you more than enough spell vamp and synergizes better than warmogs.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#5TyrekeEvans13Posted 2/19/2013 9:16:35 AM
You're building Hextech so it's kind of redundant

Maybe as a 6th slot against heavy AP teams but there would still be probably better options
---
The King of Kings
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9971/744sptp062727c1tyrekeem.jpg
#6Suffer_NotPosted 2/19/2013 9:17:28 AM
A lot of people don't like building CDR on Energy champions because there are no items or effects that increase Energy Regeneration besides Blue Buff. So it tends to burn you out of energy faster and people don't like that. Mathematically it is not a disadvantage, but psychologically it still bothers people.

Further more, a 20% increase in spellvamp doesn't really help that much unless you already have a lot of spell vamp. You'd need 50 spellvamp already for it to be more efficient than just getting a Revolver (which also gives you AP).
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#7TobyFobyPosted 2/19/2013 9:21:44 AM
Do that with warmog and rylais. Tank alkali is better akali with all the warmogs.
#8fft_ramza(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 9:22:44 AM
Suffer_Not posted...
A lot of people don't like building CDR on Energy champions because there are no items or effects that increase Energy Regeneration besides Blue Buff. So it tends to burn you out of energy faster and people don't like that. Mathematically it is not a disadvantage, but psychologically it still bothers people.

Further more, a 20% increase in spellvamp doesn't really help that much unless you already have a lot of spell vamp. You'd need 50 spellvamp already for it to be more efficient than just getting a Revolver (which also gives you AP).

Agreed, but It seems like a really viable option as a late game item, after all her core build is complete, having more Spell Vamp is never a bad thing right?
---
Signature for rent
#9thecrossnkightPosted 2/19/2013 9:24:22 AM
Gunblade -> zhonyas -> SV -> DFG -> whatevs is a fairly reasonable build that makes you take a lot more damage than most enemies expect you to be able to and gives you 40% CDR, but as people have pointed out, that's not necessarily a good thing.

Albeit, Akali can run with 40% CDR better than most because she can get away with just spamming Q and not using E, which saves a ton of energy.
---
What do you do when faced with two choices? Simply toss a coin. It works because in that brief time that the coin is in the air you know what you're hoping for.
#10Hyper InfernoPosted 2/19/2013 9:47:21 AM
The main question is if Spirit Visage's defensive stats + 20% additional Spell Vamp worth it to be considered as a late game defensive item?

I mean, if you have around 50% spell vamp (Gunblade + WoTA aura), you'll get 10% more from Spirit Visage, and then the 50 MR, 200 health, and 20% CDR. At let's say, 300 AP (Gunblade+Deathcap+runes/masteries), that's a total of 93 more HP (before resistances) for each Q+proc and R if Spirit Visage is providing 10% Spell Vamp. That's not a huge amount, but it's there.

What other defensive items are available to help Akali in that late game against magic damage? There's always Warmogs, for the flat 1000 health, and there's Abyssal Scepter too. There's also Guardian Angel to just revive after a burst combo.

Choosing Spirit Visage over those options probably means you're in prolonged teamfights to really make use of the spell vamp and you're not being instantly focused and dying.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters