So... Spirit Visage on Akali.

#11happyscrub1Posted 2/19/2013 10:09:29 AM
Akali is a melee champ that people will focus on hard if she gets rolling. I find it funny all the people saying a defensive item on her is bad.

GET EXPLODED BRO!!!
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#12happyscrub1Posted 2/19/2013 10:10:53 AM
to answer TC qustion: It's a good item on her. But keep in mind, she's an energy champ. So it won't have much sustained sustain. She'll run out of energy in a long fight.
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#13genericname1234Posted 2/19/2013 10:14:13 AM
A defensive item is good, but spell vamp is not a serious defensive stat for a melee champ. If she gets CC'd she won't be able to spell vamp. The magic res doesn't hurt, but I think you'd be better off buying health so that you can live through the burst and then use your shroud to escape and kill somebody else.
---
"SR'ing is having the RNG abuse you." Deshokun
#14fft_ramza(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 10:31:59 AM
Hyper Inferno posted...
The main question is if Spirit Visage's defensive stats + 20% additional Spell Vamp worth it to be considered as a late game defensive item?

I mean, if you have around 50% spell vamp (Gunblade + WoTA aura), you'll get 10% more from Spirit Visage, and then the 50 MR, 200 health, and 20% CDR. At let's say, 300 AP (Gunblade+Deathcap+runes/masteries), that's a total of 93 more HP (before resistances) for each Q+proc and R if Spirit Visage is providing 10% Spell Vamp. That's not a huge amount, but it's there.

What other defensive items are available to help Akali in that late game against magic damage? There's always Warmogs, for the flat 1000 health, and there's Abyssal Scepter too. There's also Guardian Angel to just revive after a burst combo.

Choosing Spirit Visage over those options probably means you're in prolonged teamfights to really make use of the spell vamp and you're not being instantly focused and dying.

With that build (Gunblade+Deathcap+SorcBoots+Runes/Masteries) your burst is already huge, adding a lot of spell vamp (+MR) makes you really tanky, I think it is a really good item on her, but it comes down to the situation in the end.
---
Signature for rent
#15happyscrub1Posted 2/19/2013 10:37:05 AM
genericname1234 posted...
A defensive item is good, but spell vamp is not a serious defensive stat for a melee champ. .

I would disagree with akali. One of the most stupid things about her is you can CC her in her shroud and she just goes steath. And high spellvamp akali will just come out, burst damage and regen half her health, stealth again. Wait a few seconds and repeat before shroud ends.
---
#16Reaper_MinionPosted 2/19/2013 11:22:31 AM
Most Akalis that DO build defensive items get it along with Warmog's and/or Sunfire.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#17BlackBeetleborgPosted 2/19/2013 11:29:51 AM
For some reason I was thinking of Visage from DotA, on top of Akali.

>.>
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXnxTNIWkc
LoL - BlueberryHuggles
#18FvPPosted 2/19/2013 11:30:37 AM
Well, the thing is, Akali is an assassin and so her main form of defense is blowing up the enemy and escaping with her shroud/ult. Having something oriented in regenerating hp would detract from her main role and would probably turn out detrimental to her efforts.

lmao
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#19DualitypainPosted 2/19/2013 11:36:17 AM
happyscrub1 posted...
Akali is a melee champ that people will focus on hard if she gets rolling. I find it funny all the people saying a defensive item on her is bad.

GET EXPLODED BRO!!!

This so much. If I see an Akali on the enemy team build deathcap, sorcs, gunblade, with no defenses at all, I know she'll be easy to deal with. Carry a pink ward for fights and tell team to focus her or they die. Works every time. She just dives in, throws shroud for her defense, but then it gets mitigated and she falls over in half a second because she built no actual defense.
---
LoL IGN: Mr Microwave
#20BradoshadoPosted 2/19/2013 11:49:04 AM
People build Gunblade on Akali now?
---
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like banana.
That squirrel looks...familiar...