So... Spirit Visage on Akali.

#21Rookie_JetPosted 2/19/2013 11:49:56 AM
No one has brought up that Akali does get some free defense from her shroud. I think it's like a free 50 armor/mr at rank 5. That's a free GA without the passive.

Note that I'm not necessarily supporting one side of the argument or the other.
#22XxAzerothxXPosted 2/19/2013 11:52:47 AM(edited)
peach_vs_faIco posted...
Well, the thing is, Akali is an assassin and so her main form of defense is blowing up the enemy and escaping with her shroud/ult. Having something oriented in regenerating hp would detract from her main role and would probably turn out detrimental to her efforts.

lmao

Lmao yourself, baddie. L2P.

inb4 "LOL U GIT TRULLED NUB"
#23XxAzerothxXPosted 2/19/2013 11:52:17 AM
Dualitypain posted...
happyscrub1 posted...
Akali is a melee champ that people will focus on hard if she gets rolling. I find it funny all the people saying a defensive item on her is bad.

GET EXPLODED BRO!!!

This so much. If I see an Akali on the enemy team build deathcap, sorcs, gunblade, with no defenses at all, I know she'll be easy to deal with. Carry a pink ward for fights and tell team to focus her or they die. Works every time. She just dives in, throws shroud for her defense, but then it gets mitigated and she falls over in half a second because she built no actual defense.

Assassins aren't supposed to initiate teamfights but rather wait a second or two after the fight ensues and jump on the carry from an advantageous position. Can't CC something if they're positioned right.
#24FvPPosted 2/19/2013 12:36:32 PM
peach_vs_faIco posted...
Well, the thing is, Akali is an assassin and so her main form of defense is blowing up the enemy and escaping with her shroud/ult. Having something oriented in regenerating hp would detract from her main role and would probably turn out detrimental to her efforts.

lmao

Lmao yourself, baddie. L2P.

inb4 "LOL U GIT TRULLED NUB"

You don't know any good Akali players then
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#25iXCelticXiPosted 2/19/2013 12:42:51 PM
XxAzerothxX posted...

Aaaand then Warmog's.
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#26iXCelticXiPosted 2/19/2013 12:45:35 PM
Rookie_Jet posted...
That's a free GA without the passive.

Why would you describe anything positively as "GA without the passive?" lol
Not that I am fussing at what you were actually saying.
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#27Rookie_JetPosted 2/20/2013 2:49:40 PM
iXCelticXi posted...
Rookie_Jet posted...
That's a free GA without the passive.

Why would you describe anything positively as "GA without the passive?" lol
Not that I am fussing at what you were actually saying.

Because yes, the passive is the reason GA is as expensive and coveted as it is, but the defenses you get aren't really laughable. What is it now, 60 armor, 30 MR? Something like that? That's some decent mitigation depending on where you are in defenses already. That will most likely push your phys defenses from about 35% mitigation to over 50%. The MR is probably enough to bring you from 25% to about 35%.
#28FightingBoarPosted 2/20/2013 2:51:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#29g-cube_mastaPosted 2/20/2013 2:53:58 PM
this topic makes me cry
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#30OximofoPosted 2/20/2013 3:09:38 PM
Bradoshado posted...
People build Gunblade on Akali now?

Uh really? I can see not making a Lichbane or DFG, but gun blade is pretty important.
---
Mr. Ami Suzuki
GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9