How can a game be so popular yet unpopular at the same time?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. How can a game be so popular yet unpopular at the same time?

User Info: OhHeyltsYou

OhHeyltsYou
3 years ago#1
League is a huge game. But if you go on other sites with video game related content. People are always like "What the hell is this?" So, how can a game that's bigger than COD and Pokemon go unnoticed by so many other gamers?
PSN: NaturaIBorn

User Info: Drewdadruid

Drewdadruid
3 years ago#2
League is a huge game. But if you go on other sites with video game related content. People are always "What the hell is this?" So, how can a game that's bigger than COD and Pokemon go unnoticed by so many other gamers?

Cause they're the "cool kids" like seph
http://elohell.net/images/chill/44cfd21be802936535d172d0e98d782f.gif
http://i.imgur.com/aBtgt.jpg IGN: DrewDaDruid

User Info: zhe_king_of_ape

zhe_king_of_ape
3 years ago#3
No one in my school knows this game
:/
LoL IGN: TheMinecrafter12

User Info: Dartkun

Dartkun
3 years ago#4
Prob console gamers
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius

User Info: Amarajah

Amarajah
3 years ago#5
cause its not in tv commercials

although i did see dead space 3 and crysis 3 and i believe halo 4 commercials, and every kid at your school probably has an xbox with live so they play or know about those games/franchises (farcry another notable mention)

thats why kids at your school know about world of warcraft too probably, commercials

User Info: SexualPizza

SexualPizza
3 years ago#6
Seriously?

Simple answer: Because PC gaming isn't that popular relative to console gaming / Riot doesn't spend $450 million on marketing like Blizzard.

If it's not COWADOOTY MODRN WAR BLAK OPS 7: XTREME WARFARE 5 then it's not popular.
Best thing in life: Sex
Second best thing in life: Pizza

User Info: OgreBattle019

OgreBattle019
3 years ago#7
Amarajah posted...
thats why kids at your school know about world of warcraft too probably, commercials

and it's mentioned in media a lot (like south park)

league isnt
| . _-~^*''' o . ''*^-'|_--~^*'' .o ''*^-'|
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio

User Info: orphaneye

orphaneye
3 years ago#8
League seems to be REALLY popular in my school...I go around campus and the hallways and stuff and I always hear people talking about it. I barely hear about CoD and Halo or stuff like that though.

User Info: megasuprwaffle

megasuprwaffle
3 years ago#9
Because the only people who play league are pretty much socially awkward people who dont tell anyone about the game

User Info: Lithsp

Lithsp
3 years ago#10
megasuprwaffle posted...
Because the only people who play league are pretty much socially awkward people who dont tell anyone about the game
[]Signature[]
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. How can a game be so popular yet unpopular at the same time?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived