Looking for strong mids that fit into the current meta very well

#1alcaPWNED212Posted 2/19/2013 10:20:32 PM
I do ranked duos with my friend and he always likes to go top. My best roles are mid and top so if it is open, I play mid. I would like to stick to maybe 2-3 champions mid that are fun but also strong in the current meta. Any suggestions? I have every champ so any one would be fine. I currently like zix, lux, swain, and xin mid, but zix and xin are banned alot at my elo so i just want someone who can coordinate with a team in duo queue. I can usually win my lane with any mid so I just need someone who stays relevant later in the game.
---
I paid my taxes so why cant i punch everyone i see on the street?! WTF Government?!- Knight_Of_Order
#2flaminglinkPosted 2/19/2013 10:21:07 PM
Kennen
Press R win teamfight
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/204819.png http://raptr.com/badge/Mistilteinn/fs_lastplayed.png
#3alcaPWNED212(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 10:25:47 PM
kennen seems like a pretty good idea. Any others? I didnt watch the LCS, who were some of the best mids in the pro games?
---
I paid my taxes so why cant i punch everyone i see on the street?! WTF Government?!- Knight_Of_Order
#4RydethetigerPosted 2/19/2013 10:25:48 PM
TF/Lux are game changers. Lots of AOE damage and CC, crazy ults, and utility as well.
---
Lol IGN: StayFrostty
Elo Experiment Status - Dooped by League Points...
#5Unit1027Posted 2/19/2013 10:27:07 PM
Fizz
#6OnionOfMysteryPosted 2/19/2013 10:27:25 PM
Draaaaaaaven.
---
The official OnionOfMystery of Reality.
"Vaan is like a Robin in a universe composed entirely of Batmans."
#7GrimmVikingPosted 2/19/2013 10:28:58 PM
Since you like Zix, i highly recommend Zed since he is a very similar assassin.
---
"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst." - 1 Timothy 1:15
#8alcaPWNED212(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 10:32:09 PM
Rydethetiger posted...
TF/Lux are game changers. Lots of AOE damage and CC, crazy ults, and utility as well.

The thing i dont like about TF in solo/duo queue though is that his potential is not maximized without a full team to coordinate.
---
#9RydethetigerPosted 2/19/2013 10:34:25 PM
Ive found success with him even with a stupid team. When you pick him, tell them : Im only going to come to your lane when you ask me, and you need to engage. If you mess it up im just gunna ignore it.

It seems like an ass hat thing to do, but people respond well to it, and generally atleast engage smart engages and net you some kills. Its fun to come back to a 0 death midlane with 5 kills and chunk them with Q
---
Lol IGN: StayFrostty
Elo Experiment Status - Dooped by League Points...
#10alcaPWNED212(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 10:37:10 PM
GrimmViking posted...
Since you like Zix, i highly recommend Zed since he is a very similar assassin.

once people start stacking health, which they eventually will, he gets easily shut down.
---