How to lane with Lee Sin?

#1KrKABUT0Posted 2/20/2013 4:55:04 AM
What to build and how to harass and stuff?
---
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.
#2DualitypainPosted 2/20/2013 5:02:10 AM
Max W in farm lanes. Max Q in stomp lanes. Never max E unless you already maxed Q and W. Abuse your mobility. If you're ahead, keep a ward in your possession to ward hop closer to an enemy so you don't have to start with Q for a kill.
---
LoL IGN: Mr Microwave
#3Bapps44Posted 2/20/2013 5:07:23 AM
E>w>q

rush a hydra

wave clear in half a second then roam 24/7
#4Black_AssassinPosted 2/20/2013 6:17:14 AM
Dualitypain posted...
Never max E unless you already maxed Q and W.

What if the enemy laner is heavily dependant on attack speed?

Tryndamere for example?
#5SorrySleepingPosted 2/20/2013 7:51:04 AM
Dualitypain posted...
Never max E unless you already maxed Q and W.

What if the enemy laner is heavily dependant on attack speed?

Tryndamere for example?

The rare times you get that top lane, max E. It shuts down any engagement they might have with you. The problem is, there aren't many tops that just go in and AA. Riven doesn't care about attack speed slows too much, and Jax usually has you stunned.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#6EDumeyPosted 2/20/2013 8:12:11 AM
Max W in farm lanes. Max Q in stomp lanes. Never max E unless you already maxed Q and W. Abuse your mobility. If you're ahead, keep a ward in your possession to ward hop closer to an enemy so you don't have to start with Q for a kill.

E can ALSO be maxed if you're against a lane that you want to harass in, but can't afford to go all-in against. That E damage gets ridiculous early game.

Lee Sin is honestly one of the most diverse champions skill wise, because you can make any skill order work with your style.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#7mantana888Posted 2/20/2013 8:16:02 AM
EDumey posted...

E can ALSO be maxed if you're against a lane that you want to harass in, but can't afford to go all-in against. That E damage gets ridiculous early game.

Lee Sin is honestly one of the most diverse champions skill wise, because you can make any skill order work with your style.

Seriously. This. He can do anything.

Lee Sin is probably the most fun champion in the game if you're smart.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#8ericonzPosted 2/20/2013 8:20:14 AM
Lee Sin has quite a strong level 1/2 game(though obviously not as strong as champs like Riven), basically if you land an unanswered Q at level 1 and get some free damage off you can just time it such that you hit 2 as you're walking to him, Q E ignite then Q which usually at least burns a flash and forces a base.

After his various nerfs you can't really duel the stronger champs 1v1 any more, so you have to play a kinda controlled trade/sustain game, which makes maxing E first more important for wave control and to take less damage from minions in trades.

It also does magic damage scaling with AD which is really useful for people who start cloth->tabi before I get my armour pen items.

I get 2-3 points in W depending on how hard the lane is; if I have 0 chance of killing the dude I just max W.

The most important thing is managing your W cool down because it is your sustain, 2nd-gap closer and escape in one skill. If you use your W wisely and carry a ward you'll be unkillable, if you misuse your W in some match ups you're dead. Rumble for example can just drop Equalizer on you if you W into the wave, clear your minions and then chase you down all the way.
#9Z-911-ZPosted 2/20/2013 8:20:31 AM
Harass with your Sonic Boom/Resonating Strike, immediately Safeguard AA then Iron Will AA to win pretty much any trade with a melee. It helps to play aggressive, since you're energy-based so you can afford to spam stuff once in a while.

Also keep a ward around a few escape points in case something goes wrong.
---
http://oi48.tinypic.com/ev7vir.jpg
#10Purely_LuckPosted 2/20/2013 8:26:07 AM
Dualty is wrong. Max e in circumstance against auto attack champs like Vi and jax. E severly crippls damage. Max W in a lane you can't kill them in and just want to farm. Max Q to stomp almost everyone. In lane when going for kill, W to the nearest minion to your opponent second activation of W 2 autos, e 2 autos second activate 2 autos q r q. Q R Q is a great combo as it does a huge burst, and dispostion's them. Start boots against, almost everyone get cloth against riven, Garen and Renekton. Go boots--> 2 dorans--> finish boots (Tabi or Merc) then get either phage into mallet for early tankyness. or build a phage then a early BT for heavy damage, and assasin potential.
---
LoL IGN:Paradox