Would it work: Ashe solo top

#1spaldPosted 2/20/2013 10:14:11 AM(edited)
Just a thought I had. If you knew you were facing someone like Darius or Garen in top lane, what would stop an Ashe from just forcing them out of lane? You'd have to stay on your toes with someone like Darius though, since your AA only barely outranges his pull. You'd have rely more on W's range if he tried to charge you...but it seems like Garen would just stand 0 chance.

/theorycrafting
#2angermngment101Posted 2/20/2013 10:17:17 AM
It wouldnt work. No way in hell.
---
Gamefax
#3DartkunPosted 2/20/2013 10:17:25 AM
I'd bet she could hold top, but then get demolished by the jungler.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#4FlareZeroPosted 2/20/2013 10:18:03 AM
You'd have to be proficient at orb walking, which removes a huge portion of the people playing this game. She'll be able to hold her own early game but once bruisers start to get their items, she'll die if she gets caught (especially people like Garen who can burst out of the slow and then silence as he spins to win). She's also weak enough to be camped by the jungler to secure easy kills every time she's alive - one of the reasons I hate squishy champs at top.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#5angermngment101Posted 2/20/2013 10:18:49 AM
I'd bet she could hold top, but then get demolished by the jungler.

Wouldnt even be able to hold top. Not with her 325 base movement speed.

And then would your team even have a bruiser? Better hope your jungler isnt Zed.
---
Gamefax
#6angermngment101Posted 2/20/2013 10:19:56 AM
And if she faced Xin/Elise/Irelia (basically anyone with a gap closer), she can basically just forget going back to lane.
---
Gamefax
#7spald(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 10:23:42 AM
The jungler would be a problem. It'd require wards and constant bushes checks with her E. But I think it'd keep the enemy bruiser extremely underfed to the point they wouldn't be able to but HP and dominate lane.

It'd also mean your jungler and bottom support would probably have to be tankier/bruiser or you'd be a team of squishies.
#8EDumeyPosted 2/20/2013 10:23:49 AM
Anyone with a gap closer demolishes her. Any jungler gank ever can just dive and murder her.

Garen could get a lot closer than you'd think. Kiting is an issue, but not somethign that he can't handle. Plus all he needs to do in that lane even if you ARE some master of kiting is shove lane hard to your tower and get a jungler gank.

Most people are scared to dive, so this may work at lower Elos, but honestly, Ashe is probably one of the easier champs in the game to dive on. Slow movespeed, low health.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#9TomorrowDogPosted 2/20/2013 10:27:48 AM
You'd have to be really lucky to even avoid losing lane hard, not even mentioning actually having a good lane.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#1004DarkPosted 2/20/2013 10:33:00 AM
She may hold lane for a while, with proper warding.
But up against Darius she would get no CS.
She would have a better chance against Garen, but even then I don't envision it going that greatly for Ashe.
---
R.I.P. intrepid40 (7/13/08 - 3/28/12)
http://i.imgur.com/oYaWO.jpg