Gunblade or Rylai's on Akali?

#1dragonfire55Posted 2/20/2013 6:06:25 PM
Which item to rush first? I always rush Gunblade but my friend told me Rylai's is better. I used to rush Rylai's but found Gunblade is better for sustain in lane and overall damage. What do you guys think?
---
76% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
PSN: Ryukeshen
#2edubsPosted 2/20/2013 6:07:35 PM
I am probably beside myself on this one, but I go revolver boots giants belt then finish gunblade then finish rylais
---
Greatest system of all time is the N64. OOT, SM64, Paper Mario DK64 and Ogre Battle
not changing my sig until the Pirates have a winning season started 3/31/08
#3EnclosurePosted 2/20/2013 6:08:00 PM
I dont particularly like Rylai. I find with triple dash, slow from shoud and gunblade active, sticking to a target long enough to kill isnt that hard. If I need health i just go get a warmog, after gunblade.
---
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1678/87591610.jpg
#4DivinewargodPosted 2/20/2013 6:12:16 PM
You could always get both.

Boots Gunblade Rylai's Deathcap Lich Bane GA/Warmogs

or switch Lich Bane for Void staff/Abyssal but let's be honest the only reason why you'd want Abyssal over Lich Bane on Akali is if you really need the magic resistance and you don't feel like wasting money on Sheen before the upgrade.
---
Don't worry Summoner. Sona_Buvelle will protect you.
http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
#5dragonfire55(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 6:19:02 PM
I might pick up a Rylai's as a last item after Lich/Dcap...but by then the passive is fairly insignificant and a Warmog's would just do the job of surviving everything better. My general core with Akali is

Sorc/Merc/Ninja Boots
Gunblade
Zhonya's/Sunfire if getting owned by AD top lane
Sheen > Dcap > Lich
Warmogs/Rylai's
---
76% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
PSN: Ryukeshen
#6pecofan999Posted 2/20/2013 6:29:57 PM
I don't really "rush" either. I buiild parts of the gunblade, lb, and rylais. Then i generally assemble the gunblade first, unless i feel like i need the slow based on team comp deficiencies.