Hmm, I suck with Vayne.

#1SirGizmoPosted 2/20/2013 8:03:10 PM
Been playing MF for a while, figured I would get decent with her before moving onto Vayne. So I finally move onto Vayne, and man do I blow chunks. I always Tumble at the wrong time, I can never get a proper Condemn off, bah.

Tips would be greatly appreciated, one love.
---
""You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott." -SirGizmo
#2matrix0523Posted 2/20/2013 8:06:03 PM
Following this topic because I, too, blow massive **** with Vayne.
---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50
#3tacoslayer89Posted 2/20/2013 8:11:09 PM
Vayne is not good early levels at all. You really need to wait for them to make a mistake otherwise avoid trading.
When you are attacking, land basic attack then immediately afterwards tumble. Save condemn until you can hit a major threat into the wall (aka not support).
But it's mostly about not getting stomped early.
---
They call me...Yellow Skinned Wacky Man!
#4FightingBoarPosted 2/20/2013 8:17:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5TAMIUS_REBORNPosted 2/20/2013 8:17:52 PM
You first mistake was thinking getting better with MF would prepare you to play Vayne. MF is extremely OP in lane. Hit Q, take chunks out of your opponent. She also pushes decently well. Vayne is extremely weak early game and her clear is crap.

My suggestion for playing Vayne is to just sit back and farm very early into the game. I don't like to harass with tumble (although some people suggest it) unless my support makes something happen or I've got a few items like BF Sword and greaves. During the early levels you're just completely worthless, so do the only thing you can and farm. For easy-mode condemns just tumble to the side of an enemy and immediately shoot them into the wall. A lot of people forget you can quickly re-position with tumble, so they'll fight you parallel to a wall forgetting that you can still pin them. It's made even easier if you have your ult. "I'm shooting I'm shooting, now she disappeared, oh and now I'm pinned to a wall, awesome."
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar
#6matrix0523Posted 2/20/2013 8:19:09 PM
not as good as ashe.

lol
---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50
#7_DaydreamPosted 2/20/2013 8:26:23 PM
In my experience, you only want to tumble/condemn to escape unless you can condemn into a wall and i honestly wouldn't bother trying to get a kill unless it is perfectly guaranteed ( no flashes on enemies, low hp on them, etc) until level 5 or 6.

For harass, try to get some autos on them if they don't outrange you or cant punish you with nastier harass (Graves, cait). If you land two silver bolts on them from autos, do a tumble into condemn for good harass. But you wanna go back to playing conservative after that.
---
To want nothing is to have everything.
#8Shadow EdgePosted 2/20/2013 8:31:53 PM(edited)
Learn to tumble while maintaining maximum range.

Best Vaynes keep tumbling to dodge and roid. It's not sorely an escape tool.
---
ns
#9KishoruPosted 2/20/2013 8:41:55 PM
At level 3, condemning someone into the wall, and getting off your silver bolts proc, along with an included tumble, can seriously hamper your enemy laner. But she's basically all-in, or nothing, early on. You really want to farm and get your core items going.

That said, once you've got a BT, and zeal, don't be afraid to take some risks and go for ballsy kills. Your ultimate and passive make it easy for you to chase, and the invisible from tumble, should they turn to fight, can seriously ruin their retaliation while hopefully putting you in a spot to condemn them into something.
---
She's a few cards short of a full deck: a joker in the game, ooh.
She's got a bullet with your name on it - no doubt she's a mental case.
#10POkemon_PoWeRPosted 2/21/2013 10:18:16 AM
Playing Vayne will teach you how to farm under tower.
Most teams just push hard versus Vayne but if you can effectively last hit under tower with Vayne, you can leave laning phase 0/0/0 and still be useful mid game. And if you get 2 - 3 kills during the mid game, GG.
---
I'm the best player here. The rest of you aren't as good as me-ninja1357
LoL IGN: m0bilize (NA)