0% Class
100% A**
#12ssupermario92Posted 2/21/2013 7:35:14 AM
BeerBongJohn posted...
feel bad for that guy who streams under "Best AP Tryndamere NA"

TBH, he should've kept his mouth shut about AP Tryd
---
Super Mario Bros. 3 is better then Super Mario World
People who agree: 47 PM if you think so as well Latest person who agrees: Athiniel
#13Stalky24Posted 2/21/2013 7:38:41 AM
Copy/Paste from Reddit:

Most champions in League of Legends use mana. Champions are balanced around the fact that when you cast an ability, you lose some mana, so that over time, you can no longer cast abilities (unless you restore your mana). This system keeps most champions in check from having overly exploitable abilities or mechanics.
Some champions are manaless. Energy champions work on a different system, but that system is still designed to keep those champions in check. The other resource that ALL champs have is HP. When you have a scenario where you can replenish a resource for free, indefinitely, either the ability will be underpowered, or broken (see, pre-nerf Rengar or Pre-nerf Soraka).
Tryndamere's problem is not that Riot doesn't want you to build him AP. It's that they put the fury system in place instead of a mana system. But by that token, you are supposed to acquire fury and then spend it accordingly. The previous ratio they had on Trynd was blatently overpowered. It might as well read, "This champion gains massive amounts of HP every 9 seconds". You could just change Q to "Passive: Increase HP Regen by 100/5" and it would be more balanced than AP Trynd's Q. He gets rewarded with massive amounts of free HP, for doing nothing at all. This type of gameplay is not only broken, but anti-fun. You should be rewarded for successfully playing through a risk. It's the same reason Soraka is considered the plague upon League of Legends. The champion is rewarded for a stalemate.
I like AP Tryndamere. I like that someone took the time to think out of the box. I like the fact that AP Trynd actually loses a LOT of lanes, but has a late game reward in his split push power, creating a viable strategy that does have counter-play. I like the way he works, the way he functions, the thrill of the split push. I like tons of stuff about AP Trynd, and I hope he doesn't get nerfed to unviability. However, I don't like when people get free wins because they exploit a broken and boring mechanic. And I don't mind when something gets used in a way that it wasn't originally intended. However, there is a big difference between "Oh, that's a creative way to use that champion" and "Oh, you're exploiting the fact that the game has been reworked and we've yet to balanced this previously underused champion around the new items."
With this new ratio, Tryndamere will still be able to heal, but he's actually going to have to gather fury to heal, as was intended for balance reasons. Just like it costs mana for other champions to use abilities, Tryndamere is supposed to be rewarded for gathering fury. In his current state, he could have all benefits from fury be removed, and he'd still be overpowered. AP is not supposed to replace fury, just like AP isn't supposed to replace mana. I do hope that the numbers Riot chooses are balanced and successful, and enable skilled Tryndamere players to find success when they outplay their opponents.
tl;dr Trynd doesn't cost mana so heal was overpowered. This nerf makes it so he has to use fury to heal effectively, since he is manaless.
#14Reaper_MinionPosted 2/21/2013 7:46:28 AM
The fact that building AP made fury irrelevant is dumb. They had to do something about this regardless of balance. It just didn't make any sense that he healed for a ton without having to charge up fury.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://i50.tinypic.com/21l3f3s.jpg
#15Rookie_JetPosted 2/21/2013 7:53:24 AM
I've literally never seen this done...sounds like Riot jumped the gun to me.
#16mantana888Posted 2/21/2013 8:32:05 AM
Rookie_Jet posted...

---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#17Savra104Posted 2/21/2013 8:39:38 AM
The way Statikk explains it makes it sound like they only nerfed Tryndamere by ~.3 and redirected the focus of AP style into Fury.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=34890106#post34890106

Currently, the change on PBE has Bloodlust's heal AP ratio at 0.2 + 0.01 per Fury consumed (1.2 total AP ratio). The AP ratios actually had already been readjusted to 0.3 + 0.012 per Fury consumed (1.5 total AP ratio which is the same as Live) before this PBE build was even sent out earlier today.
#18XxjudgementPosted 2/21/2013 9:12:31 AM
Amazing, I'm glad riot is destroying ap tryn.
---
XBL: Woah its Martin
LoL: Woah its Jesus
#19angermngment101Posted 2/21/2013 9:16:24 AM

I have, and he owned some noob top laner pretty hard, and proceeded to wreak havok on the rest of my team, because we couldnt figure out what to do with him.

Blow him up? And then he ults and heals to full again?

Ignore him, and have him tornado the **** out of our team with his short CD move, while still being invincible?

Ignite him and then blow him, up, even though that didnt even matter b/c he ults and then heals after ignite...

It was just stupid.
---
Gamefax
#20yamas11Posted 2/21/2013 10:05:30 AM
Doesn't he require massive farm to work? Who let's an AP Tryndamere free farm?
---
This is my sig